Happy New Year🎉

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Do you write different things in different places?

I can see some utility in that frankly...at least for the kitchen and study.

For the bedroom, the alarm is my calendar lol. I rarely (if ever) forget why I woke up at such and such a time and if it's super important then I set multiple alarms on a phone and a clock.

I suppose the changing pictures might be neat though and the little tidbits like Leif Erikson day or something :p
I need to have a moon calendar because I do gardening, and also, Chinese calendars follow the moon (as do Hebrew ones) so the tiger one is a chinese one, since this year will be year of the tiger. Mum needs that one.

Friends always give me a bible calendar with scriptures for every month. Though sometimes these scripture/bible calendars are very cliche...like it is always of an empty landscape, or a waterfall or trees or a lake. You know, something scenic with no people or animals in it! Sometimes the scriptures in the picture dont really relate to each other at all. Like a rainbow in a cloud gets 'give thanks to the Lord for his mercy endureth forever' and Im like OK...but the printers COULD have chosen 'I set my bow upon the cloud and it shall be a token of a covenant between me and the earth'. Just sayin!

The other one I bought today is for my dad and its got the numbers very large so its easy to see, all the holidays, pension payment days, school holidays, weekends in red etc. Its of my city so at least we recognise the pictures in it rather than of far away places weve never been to. lol

it doesnt really matter the pictures though as long as the dates are correct and it doesnt start with a Monday. Sunday is actually the first day of the week and saturday is the 7th.

BrotherMike

Be Still and Know
Jan 8, 2018
Happy New Year everyone 😀 Let’s make 2022 amazing!

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I had a Wheres wally desk calendar last year in the library but...Wally was so tiny that you couldnt see him.

So I think that was a fail! I'd get my readers to circle their birthdays. Its always a big deal when you turn 10.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I saw a good line in a Dogs Of C Kennel comic.

"Goodbye 2021. We thought you wouldn't suck as much as 2020. Boy were we wrong!

Hello 2022. Congrats on being saddled with exactly zero expectations."

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
I had a Wheres wally desk calendar last year in the library but...Wally was so tiny that you couldnt see him.

So I think that was a fail! I'd get my readers to circle their birthdays. Its always a big deal when you turn 10.
LOL that's funny because here it's "Where's Waldo"

I found one of those books at the thrift store for a less than a dollar and it took me back to my childhood a bit. Pretty unique book to be sure.

I thought it'd be a good idea for my 4 and 5 year old nephews but it's a bit too hard for them. My brother and I enjoyed the search though ;)

but the printers COULD have chosen 'I set my bow upon the cloud and it shall be a token of a covenant between me and the earth'. Just sayin!
True, sometimes people aren't very inventive when it comes to stuff like that...or they are "too" inventive like putting funny pictures when the scripture passage is quite serious. It's too bad custom stuff is so much extra.

it doesnt really matter the pictures though as long as the dates are correct and it doesnt start with a Monday. Sunday is actually the first day of the week and saturday is the 7th.
I didn't realize it was common for calendars to be made this way. I'll have to look into that because it sounds like something I'd appreciate. A moon calendar would be good too but I seem to recall there being moon phases in old calendars (10-15 years ago) I've seen.

Since Jewish time reckoning is on a lunar calendar, I wonder if it'd serve that purpose?

I'll stop bumping this since it's now the second but ty for the info/response.

Have a Godly year :)

@Everybody also.

3angelsmsg

Mar 1, 2018
Happy New year to everyone🎉🎊
Last year was very challenging year, yet God has carried us through. As we start new year, as I wake up this morning. I realised that so many people which I am aware of are experiencing some crisis in their life. I guess God allows the crisis in order for them to draw near to Him for His coming is at the door. Let us stay on our knees. 🏵️

Dec 3, 2021
Happy New year to everyone🎉🎊
Last year was a very challenging year, yet God has carried us through. As we start the new year, as I wake up this morning. I realized that so many people which I am aware of are experiencing some crisis in their life. I guess God allows the crisis for them to draw near to Him for His coming is at the door. Let us stay on our knees. 🏵️
HNY 🎉
Amen. Keep praying 🙌🙏🏼

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
saw a friend and we swapped calendars
One year I made my own

women need moon calendars for obvious reasons.
If you are dating, you need a calendar.

Some people do devotionals...like Every Day with Jesus or Daily Bread.

To some people all days are alike but to others they designate special days. Like there is a day for everything, a week for everything and. a month for everything.

Some teachers were doing things like today is Star Wars day as its May the 4th.
Then they'd have a Lego Day, a black cat day, a kite day, a day of kindess, a red nose day, daffodil day, a pink shirt day....

I couldnt keep up. I tend go by...is it a rainy day, a cloudy day or a sunny day? Or a rainbow day?