Happy Singles Awareness Day!! :D

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Ruby123

Mar 1, 2019
Happy Valentine's everyone.............

Belka

Aug 24, 2017
Thanks for the laugh! Love those!
We might be single but at least we're not in the wrong relationship, amiright!? :D

BrotherMike

Be Still and Know
Jan 8, 2018
I was going to make a post like this but Z beat me to it lol. Perfectly fine :) Happy Valentines and singles awareness day everyone! Love you all with the Love of the Lord.

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
I’m actually anti-valentines day. Not that I am bitter or anything, but I don’t see the point of celebrating ones love for another on a specific day, when it should be done and shown each and every day you spend with that special person.

But oh well, cheers to us singles for being single and loving it 😁

BrotherMike

Be Still and Know
Jan 8, 2018
when it should be done and shown each and every day you spend with that special person.
totally agree with this statement! I also would much rather give and receive random acts of love on days other than an “expected” holiday... or better yet what Mel said every day!

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
A guy at w*rk was bugging me about I need to find a girl. He started casting aspersions on my ability to find one, claiming I had no game.

I replied, "Look, I'm a single guy, fairly good sense of humor, no massive debt (no debt at all, actually,) no major red flags about me, and I'm still single. You think that's by ACCIDENT? This is intentional!"

He didn't have anything to say about that so he stopped talking. Finally!

Belka

Aug 24, 2017
@Lynx Perhaps you should consider giving someone the privilege of being with you, you could be a blessing to someone :D
(I know, I know, if you want to remain single, that's your choice... no pressure, haha.)

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
The privilege of listening to me sing to myself at random times all day every day for the rest of her life? Man, it's a wonder girls are not lined up around the block to try to marry me. :p

Belka

Aug 24, 2017
Depends on how good the singing is ;)
I, for one, would love to be able to just randomly sing along with someone every day of my life. Yaaaaas :D (but then again, I hope/pray that my future spouse will be a worshiper and ready to sing with me regularly cause I love doing that. Playing an instrument would be a huge plus, haha).

BrotherMike

Be Still and Know
Jan 8, 2018
That’s one of the things I’m looking for... a passion for Jesus and going to praise and worship concerts with me to get a head start for eternity 🙌

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
More like happy Hallmark, florist, jeweler, and See's Candy Day. Valantines Day has it's roots in Catholicism and isn't mentioned any where in the Bible, so don't really see a need for acknowledging it.

"Valentine’s Day, also called St. Valentine’s Day, holiday (February 14) when lovers express their affection with greetings and gifts. The holiday has origins in the Roman festival of Lupercalia, held in mid-February. The festival, which celebrated the coming of spring, included fertility rites and the pairing off of women with men by lottery. At the end of the 5th century, Pope Gelasius Ireplaced Lupercalia with St. Valentine’s Day. It came to be celebrated as a day of romance from about the 14th century."

https://www.britannica.com/topic/Valentines-Day

"Lupercalia, ancient Roman festival that was conducted annually on February 15 under the superintendence of a corporation of priests called Luperci. The origins of the festival are obscure, although the likely derivation of its name from lupus (Latin: “wolf”) has variously suggested connection with an ancient deity who protected herds from wolves and with the legendary she-wolf who nursed Romulus and Remus. As a fertility rite, the festival is also associated with the god Faunus.

Each Lupercalia began with the sacrifice by the Luperci of goats and a dog, after which two of the Luperci were led to the altar, their foreheads were touched with a bloody knife, and the blood was wiped off with wool dipped in milk; the ritual required that the two young men laugh. The sacrificial feast followed, after which the Luperci cut thongs from the skins of the sacrificial animals and ran in two bands around the Palatine hill, striking with the thongs at any woman who came near them. A blow from the thong was supposed to render a woman fertile. In 494 CE the Christian church under Pope Gelasius I appropriated the form of the rite as the Feast of the Purification."

https://www.britannica.com/topic/Lupercalia

1581688628561.jpeg

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Paired off by lottery? How do I get in on this drawing?

Also what if you get a partner you don't want? Can you redraw or are you stuck with it?

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
More like happy Hallmark, florist, jeweler, and See's Candy Day. Valantines Day has it's roots in Catholicism and isn't mentioned any where in the Bible, so don't really see a need for acknowledging it.

"Valentine’s Day, also called St. Valentine’s Day, holiday (February 14) when lovers express their affection with greetings and gifts. The holiday has origins in the Roman festival of Lupercalia, held in mid-February. The festival, which celebrated the coming of spring, included fertility rites and the pairing off of women with men by lottery. At the end of the 5th century, Pope Gelasius Ireplaced Lupercalia with St. Valentine’s Day. It came to be celebrated as a day of romance from about the 14th century."

https://www.britannica.com/topic/Valentines-Day

"Lupercalia, ancient Roman festival that was conducted annually on February 15 under the superintendence of a corporation of priests called Luperci. The origins of the festival are obscure, although the likely derivation of its name from lupus (Latin: “wolf”) has variously suggested connection with an ancient deity who protected herds from wolves and with the legendary she-wolf who nursed Romulus and Remus. As a fertility rite, the festival is also associated with the god Faunus.

Each Lupercalia began with the sacrifice by the Luperci of goats and a dog, after which two of the Luperci were led to the altar, their foreheads were touched with a bloody knife, and the blood was wiped off with wool dipped in milk; the ritual required that the two young men laugh. The sacrificial feast followed, after which the Luperci cut thongs from the skins of the sacrificial animals and ran in two bands around the Palatine hill, striking with the thongs at any woman who came near them. A blow from the thong was supposed to render a woman fertile. In 494 CE the Christian church under Pope Gelasius I appropriated the form of the rite as the Feast of the Purification."

https://www.britannica.com/topic/Lupercalia

View attachment 211461
There you go kinda, I do not get involved much pagan festivities.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I sold a lot of valentines cards the day before. Everyone who came in to buy one was in a kinda lovey dovey haze. lol

My workmate said it was his 21st anniversary and he had to sneak out to buy a bottle of wine for his wife. He said he made that day his wedding anniversary so that he would remember it. so no excuse!

now its the 15th here and I just remembered mum had a whole lot of chocolates from work (she works in a gift shop) I could have given away to people (to give to their secret valentines) except I forgot. aargh missed my chance. lol