Hardshell & Primitive Baptist "Conditional Time Salvation" Warning

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
I will be quite honest. I still dont understand what is time salvation :D I think i'm just too dumb. Could you translate it from english to simpleton?

WHAT is time salvation?

Also, if they dont believe in preaching the gospel, how do they handle Matthew 28:19-20? Ive never heard of this grount to believep before. There are tons of verses about evangelizing, what do they do with that?
waf you Also, how do they know if someone is elect without preaching to them and see if they respond?
If you want to believe that you can earn your eternal deliverance by your good works, then preacher4truth is the one to listen to for that is what he teaches.

I
That's LOT'S of questions bro! LOL!!!!!!!!! Good ones.

Did you read the articles?

Time salvation denies the fact that our salvation is eternal, and will culminate in glorification as its end result. They speak of only a deliverance here on earth, denying the context of Scripture. It would be against the reality of Philippians 1:6 for all the saved.

They are against evangelising, so they must twist those passages to fir their theology. God saves people mystically, without man doing a thing. For instance I know of one who talks about Ghandi, and says even though he doesn't know it, he's born again and will be "in heaven" because he can tell he's saved. So, they look at a person who does good deeds and deem them regenerate. Things along those lines.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
If you would quit twisting his words in a way that what you say he said was not what he said, then he would not come at you this way my friend.
You do understand, I hope, that I believe he is the one that is misquoting the scriptures. Eternal salvation (deliverance) by his good works will not harmonize with other scriptures.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Most have not heard of this hyper-Calvinist false gospel either. But the PB's are out and about spreading it around. It will serve us all well to know our Scriptures better to combat against this teaching.
If you knew your scriptures better, you would not be preaching eternal salvation is earned by your good works.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
So what we have is FGC changing his position on repentance and faith not being works of man now. Formerly they were works of man something needed in order to establish time salvation. This was essential to establish his doctrine, now he's change his teaching.

Repentance and faith in spiritual things are not the traits of the natural man, before he has been born again (1 Cor 2:14). Repentance and faith in spiritual things are the traits of those who have already been born again.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
1 What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin so that grace may increase? 2 May it never be! How shall we who died to sin still live in it?(Romans 6)

None of us reaches sinless perfection, so do not even go there with me my friend. However, none of us who are saved live lascivious lifestyles, either. You are saying God’s people can live like the devil for years and are saved. The Bible says differently my friend.

You will never understand that eternal deliverance is by the grace of a sovereign God, until you understand how depraved you are by nature.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
You are all over the map. You say God alone justifies. That is true my friend. You say when one is regenerated they are given faith and repentance. Again, that is true. However, you say it is eternal salvation, but temporal salvation can be forfeited. Nowhere does justification state this as being true. Your theology is a mish-mash of out of context verses.

Those that Christ died for were only those that his Father gave him, and they can never lose that inheritance of heaven (John 6:37:40), however, those that he died for, as they sojourn here on earth, can lose their fellowship with God when they commit a sin, until they repent.

Niki7

Feb 21, 2023
Those that Christ died for were only those that his Father gave him, and they can never lose that inheritance of heaven (John 6:37:40), however, those that he died for, as they sojourn here on earth, can lose their fellowship with God when they commit a sin, until they repent.
Sackcloth is banned. For several years actually.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
I just said the opposite of the above, Why must you continue to distort what others state? No, your statement is not what I claimed.

Of course, yet you have those not under this santifying work possessing eternal life.

Hebrews 12:14 also speaks of sanctification of the elect, its extent, and that without this progressive sanctification it is evidence of not being converted. You have those on the broad road to damnation heading to eternal life. This is not the case.

Do you realize the context of Galatians 2:16 is via the Gospel? That this sanctification is via the Gospel? That is the entire context of Galatians, and that this is to eternal life through the Gospel?

Sanctification comes only through the word of God, John 17:17 not through osmosis and mysticism.

Can you explain to me how that am claiming that those who are not sanctified according to Gal 2:16 are possessing eternal life?

Niki7

Feb 21, 2023
Can you explain your comment more plainly?
Well I will try but I cannot expand on your comprehension, so I will just go ahead with the answer

Sackcloth, to whom you were responding, is no longer a member of this forum.

He was banned meaning: shown the door, kicked out, no longer here, incapable of answering you, probably does not care anymore, has limited resources to respond, forgot what he said cause it is some years back, is working right now, took the dog for a walk etc

Niki7

Feb 21, 2023
Can you explain to me how that am claiming that those who are not sanctified according to Gal 2:16 are possessing eternal life?
More bad news. Sorry.

Preacher last posted in 2020. Probably not going to respond or, has passed out due to holding his breath waiting for a response from you

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Well I will try but I cannot expand on your comprehension, so I will just go ahead with the answer

Sackcloth, to whom you were responding, is no longer a member of this forum.

He was banned meaning: shown the door, kicked out, no longer here, incapable of answering you, probably does not care anymore, has limited resources to respond, forgot what he said cause it is some years back, is working right now, took the dog for a walk etc
Thanks for clarifying that for me. I thought it might have had something to do with sackcloth and ashes in the scriptures.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
More bad news. Sorry.

Preacher last posted in 2020. Probably not going to respond or, has passed out due to holding his breath waiting for a response from you
Thanks again. I am sorry that he is no longer around. I enjoyed discussing the scriptures with him, but every now and then, he would get on to calling me very nasty names in his replies.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
No its not.

Here we see it again:

Philippians 2:12-13 King James Version (KJV)
Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

Eternal salvation (deliverance) is not of works, lest any man should boast. There is a salvation (deliverance) here in time for those who have been born again that is accomplished by their good works.

PaulThomson

Oct 29, 2023
Wow. Thats ridicilous and unbiblical.

How are people getting into these dumb beliefs? Its not even a smart deception. My goodness.

Can you tell me how they twist Matthew 28:19-20? Because i just dont see ANY WAY to twist it to say "dont evangelize". Thats some next level twisting.
Most people are uncomfortable with uncertainty, and are in search certainty. This includes most Christians, who think correct and strong faith means taking hold on a menu of the strongest "biblically derived" truth claims. This makes them susceptible to any group that claims to have all the answers and who confidently declare their answers. The group with the most answers to questions Christians have, and which most confidently present those answers, are liable to win converts from churches that have fewer answers and state those answers less certainly.

The solution is not to be a church that has all the answers given boldly, but to teach people to be okay with uncertainty over truth claims (propositions we believe about God and Jesus etc.), but to focus more on how conformed we are becoming to the Way, the lifestyle that Jesus modeled for us in His incarnation, life, death and resurrection.

wattie

Feb 24, 2009
New Zealand
Here is some more concerning this cultic teaching. Keep in mind, I am not saying these folks are lost, that's "above my pay grade."

They are however, peddling a false gospel. These are also known as "Old School Baptist's".

Here is another link:

http://www.the-remnant.com/conditional1.htm
Yes, 'hardshell' Baptists and primitive Baptists are highly Calvinist. It's annoying they call themselves primitive, because there are other non Calvinist Baptists who also link themselves to the early New Testament churches thru similar teachings thru history to today's churches.

I think they would obviously agree with believing on the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation, but would say only a select group would believe and they'd be converted before believing

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Id hate to repeat myself but after reading all the articles I still dont understand conditional time salvation lol. English isnt my first language.

does it mean that they believe you cant know you are saved until eternity? Or does it mean you can be saved in time like, from a backpain? but then eternal salvation is a different thing?
Or does it mean basically WORKS SALVATION?
I too am nOt understsnding the labels in this thread like “conditional time salvation “

after reading a it more through here it sounds like a once saved always saved argument regardless of the persons actions but it could be that the terms have me confused I’m not sure what they mean time salvstion is something I’ve never heard of in seventy years