"Sing, O barren woman, you who never bore a child; burst into song and cry aloud, you who have never been in labor; for more are the children of the desolate woman than of the she who has a husband, says the LORD. For your Maker is your husband— the LORD of hosts is his name, and the Holy One of Israel is he who is to be praised; he who repudiates will be called the Redeemer of Israel, the LORD is his name. For the LORD has called you as a wife despised and cast out, as a wife of youth when she is rejected, says your God. For a brief moment I forsook you, but with great compassion I will gather you. In overflowing wrath for a moment I hid my face from you, but with everlasting kindness I will have compassion on you, says the LORD your God. For this is like the waters of Noah to me; for as I have sworn that Noah's waters shall no longer cover the earth, so have I sworn that I will not be angry with you, or reproach you. For the mountains may depart and the hills be removed, but my kindness shall not depart from you, and my covenant of peace shall not be removed, says the LORD who has compassion on you."
Click to expand...