Has anyone had any luck going into stores wearing a "breathable mask?"

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

MyrtleTrees

Sep 5, 2014
Has anyone here had any luck going into stores, wearing a '"breathable mask?" Without being stopped by some "Hitler" (type, I mean) brainwashed person? I find some stores are less strict than others, and am glad for that. I have allergies, and it is hard to breathe with the typical masks used. My husband does the shopping most of the time. And I buy any additional things just online, usually. But sometimes, I'd like to go into a store to point out to my husband what I want. I recently made a lace mask. That is a lot easier to breathe through. But even that is a bit difficult for me to breathe with. So will use it as little as is possible. And will continue to pray that the absurd mask laws are done away with as soon as is possible!

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
Has anyone here had any luck going into stores, wearing a '"breathable mask?" Without being stopped by some "Hitler" (type, I mean) brainwashed person? I find some stores are less strict than others, and am glad for that. I have allergies, and it is hard to breathe with the typical masks used. My husband does the shopping most of the time. And I buy any additional things just online, usually. But sometimes, I'd like to go into a store to point out to my husband what I want. I recently made a lace mask. That is a lot easier to breathe through. But even that is a bit difficult for me to breathe with. So will use it as little as is possible. And will continue to pray that the absurd mask laws are done away with as soon as is possible!
Just wear one of these. Not too uncomfortable, and very easy to breathe through. If anyone challenges you, warn him that you are actually The Dread Pirate Roberts. Far more fun than debating you have a medical exemption.

index.jpg

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
Some time I lower my mask little bit below the nose

Jun 22, 2020
Australia
I wear this if i have to wear a mask... Some people look at me funny but no one has said anything to me about it

20200818_1058ho;54.jpg

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
um what do you mean breathable mask,,,all masks are meant to allow you to breathe, its just if you cough or sneeze it will trap all the droplets that come out, and also stop anything in the air going into your passages.

Nobody really likes wearing them but Im not into judging those who dont. Theres also contact tracing if you go into a store as well, which is probably more important if theres infection, plus washing your hands .

Ive never had any argument with anyone over it at the store I work at. People know to keep their distance as well.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
btw this is Bible discussion forum, maybe you want to put this in the Natural Health forum.

You can try adding a few drops of essential eucalytus oil to the mask to help with breathing or allergies, or inhale it in a vapour before you go out as it clears congestion.

I get terrible hayfever sometimes but I will use a natural remedy for that which contains quails eggs. I found it works better than nasal sprays that have steroids in them.

true_believer

Sep 24, 2020
I went in Target several weeks ago and some kid working there told me that I had to pull my mask over my nose.
I told him that I need to breathe in order to shop.

MyrtleTrees

Sep 5, 2014
I wear this if i have to wear a mask... Some people look at me funny but no one has said anything to me about it

View attachment 221724
Oh thank you! It's interesting to know! And of course - helpful! You have even bigger breathing holes than I have - compared to lace - which I made mine from. I wore it once so far - in a place that used to always stop me if they saw me without a mask - but this time - no one said anything! That's relief!

MyrtleTrees

Sep 5, 2014
Just wear one of these. Not too uncomfortable, and very easy to breathe through. If anyone challenges you, warn him that you are actually The Dread Pirate Roberts. Far more fun than debating you have a medical exemption.

View attachment 221721
Oh, my goodness! And thanks for showing me the picture of your humorous way of following the rules that "everyone must wear a mask!" I'll have to tell my family about it so they can laugh at your ingenuity, too!

CS1

May 23, 2012
wrong place for this post

oyster67

May 24, 2014
People ain't very picky where I'm at. I saw one guy wearing a pair of panty hose over his head in the John Deere shop.:geek:

Jun 22, 2020
Australia
Looks like you came out on the loosing end of a shotgun fight.:confused:
LoL... The holes remind me of these characters...

bandicam 2020-10-10 02-44-21-339.jpg bandicam 2020-10-10 02-45-02-024.jpg

If im going to wear a mask i may as well have some fun with it... Hehehehe... I love watching peoples reactions...
Some of them look like they want to say "how dare you" while others looked shocked and even afraid...

20200818_1058ho;54.jpg

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
LoL... The holes remind me of these characters...

View attachment 221738 View attachment 221739

If im going to wear a mask i may as well have some fun with it... Hehehehe... I love watching peoples reactions...
Some of them look like they want to say "how dare you" while others looked shocked and even afraid...

View attachment 221740
LOL. So funny. You should get someone to film you, and put it on Youtube. I think pro-maskers would quickly become anti-maskers if everyone started wearing Gimp masks, or Hannibal-Lecter masks.

Jun 22, 2020
Australia
"A gimp mask"

Are you calling him a gimp...
insta003.gif

He doesn't like that... LoL
insta011.gif

U knew Hannibal Lecture, don't you know who this famous horror villain is???
I'll give u a clue... He made more films than Hannibal did... By far

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
I recently made a lace mask. That is a lot easier to breathe through. But even that is a bit difficult for me to breathe with.
I do not wear a mask. Period. If asked, I inform the attendant that my health does not allow for masking. And you are correct about difficultly in breathing.

On the other hand, if I were into robbing banks, I would definitely wear a mask.:cool: But even there, it would appear that the infamous Jesse James never wore a mask. But he was a military strategist.

The whole masking tyranny is all about governmental control over people and their lives. The average mask does nothing. And even respected epidemiologists will agree.

Jan 12, 2019
1 Timothy 5:23, KJV: "Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities."
====

Paul would similarly advise us in the Body of Christ, to wear masks, for the sake of your neighbors.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
1 Timothy 5:23, KJV: "Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities."
====

Paul would similarly advise us in the Body of Christ, to wear masks, for the sake of your neighbors.
Especially if it is no hardship for us. I worked in a body shop for a while, so I got used to it. Should not frustrate or offend our brother unnecessarily...

Romans 14:21 [It is] good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor [any thing] whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak.

MyrtleTrees

Sep 5, 2014
I do not wear a mask. Period. If asked, I inform the attendant that my health does not allow for masking. And you are correct about difficultly in breathing.

On the other hand, if I were into robbing banks, I would definitely wear a mask.:cool: But even there, it would appear that the infamous Jesse James never wore a mask. But he was a military strategist.

The whole masking tyranny is all about governmental control over people and their lives. The average mask does nothing. And even respected epidemiologists will agree.
Ha ha! Yes, exactly - a mask would be good if one wanted to rob a bank!

Yes, I agree with you that the masking tyranny (and related Coronovirus hoax - I call it a hoax as it's tremendously exaggerated) has been brought about by evil people in governments around the world.

I am glad you have good success with stores leaving you alone when you say you can't wear them because of a health condition. I tell them that, too, but some are so stubborn - they still insist that I must wear one - so I have left such stores. I have a cousin who gets away with not wearing a mask too when going in stores - she said she and her husband do so and if asked - do as you said you do - they just say that they can't because of health conditions.

I go to stores less now, because of this mask law. I felt the right thing to do was not to wear a mask as I don't want to appear to accept their wrong law. But in my case, I found as I said - there are some places that are very obstinate and bullheaded about it. But maybe personality helps to control them - like if one has a real authorative personality - which I don't - as I'm shy. So I just do the best I can and keep praying for all this tyranny to stop as soon as is possible.