HAS GOD EVER SPOKEN TO YOU AUDIBLY?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

HAS GOD SPOKEN TO YOU AUDIBLY?

• YES, GOD HAS SPOKEN TO ME AUDIBLY IN THE PAST

Votes: 27 57.4%
  • NO, GOD HAS NEVER SPOKEN TO ME AUDIBLY

Votes: 20 42.6%

• Total voters

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
PS.... My doctor told me when he sent me back to work 22 years ago that I wasn't sick enough. Because I wasn't hearing voices etc.... So I guess I'm not that crazy.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I actually saw a post on facebook today about this Blain. :) Facebook seems to do this a lot for me. lol

If we are willing...we can take criticism like this as learning to not care what the world thinks about us...in this case, it is brethren.

I would call this unbelief and/or superstition.

Personally, I never thought that it was odd to hear His Voice. Seems like the most natural thing to hear Him. And the word supernatural didn't occur to me.
I think he was speaking specifically of hearing his voice out loud, I honestly don't know his intent with this thread I have my suspicions but I don't like to assume I know a person motives. As for hearing his voice it isn't odd he speaks to us all the time most just don't know how to listen. I made a thread once about the ways he speaks to us but of course that became lost into the back of the bdf pretty fast

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
PS.... My doctor told me when he sent me back to work 22 years ago that I wasn't sick enough. Because I wasn't hearing voices etc.... So I guess I'm not that crazy.
All mom's are crazy but that's why your not boring :b

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
I heard Him once audibly. And He got my attention fast.

:) Am sure that was the purpose.

He said..."get out from under that Juniper Tree". Not bush...tree.

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
Just a thought.

If you are not hearing God then you must not be listening.

P

pottersclay

So I need a new roof. Long story there. Anyways with the weather as its been it has been consistent with rain at least every other day.
So in one of my conversations with the Lord I brought this up. He knew I had the materials to start just setting there. Turning the corner on to my street I heard start the project Saturday. I replied but I have no help lined up ....heard nothing. So Friday comes and mentioned to my co workers how I planned to spend my weekend. Two of them volunteer to help Saturday. A third came Sunday. We got it ripped off and started shingling.
One of the guys came back during the day Monday and Tues to clean up while I was at work and carry shingles to the roof top. He's a self employed contractor in between jobs. So he thought he would just keep busy untill his gig started.
By the way it hasn't rained here since last Saturday and the forecast is still clear as I'm working on putting the rest of the shingles down. I'm all dried in that's no problem but wow what a change in the weather. Cool mornings and evenings do me just fine. I'm just getting to old for this lol.

Butterfly nets and straight jacket for me I guess.......kind of like it that way.

presidente

May 29, 2013
How many of you who do not believe God would ever speak in an audible voice have been treated for mental illness?

presidente

May 29, 2013
I wouldn't be surprised if some time in the past hundred years, there was a believer who heard supernatural voices, saw visions, etc. and told someone about it who was treated for 'mental illness', not for mental illness, but for having these supernatural revelations. Unbelievers of the modernist variety typically have a skewed view of reality that does not allow for such things in their worldview. Some professing believers have a similar view of the world.

P

pottersclay

You know we serve a wonderful awesome God. If you would think back, this same God draped himself in flesh for 33yrs . Walked and talked like us. Slept, felt the sun,the cold, pain, hunger, laughed, cried, lonely, depressed, anger, sorrow, ect. Now that's got to count for something.
Our God is not immune to our every day struggles, joys, basic living ways. Yes he is holy, rightousness and true and sits upon the throne of thrones
But don't ever think for one moment he is incapable of sharing the day with you, to chillax with you. Draw close to him , treat him like he's right there because he is. The apostles talked and walked and sang with him. Ate and slept and laughed with him.
If your in the kingdom then act like it. It's not fanaticism it's reality. As you draw closer to him he draws closer to you. Warning he might whisper in your ear.

gotime

Mar 3, 2011
oh Yeah sorry forgot one part. No history of Mental issues at all and none in my Family tree that I am aware of anyhow.

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
1 Samuel 3

2 And it came to pass at that time, when Eli was laid down in his place, and his eyes began to wax dim, that he could not see;
3 And ere the lamp of God went out in the temple of the Lord, where the ark of God was, and Samuel was laid down to sleep;
4 That the Lord called Samuel: and he answered, Here am I.
5 And he ran unto Eli, and said, Here am I; for thou calledst me. And he said, I called not; lie down again. And he went and lay down.
6 And the Lord called yet again, Samuel. And Samuel arose and went to Eli, and said, Here am I; for thou didst call me. And he answered, I called not, my son; lie down again.
7 Now Samuel did not yet know the Lord, neither was the word of the Lord yet revealed unto him.
8 And the Lord called Samuel again the third time. And he arose and went to Eli, and said, Here am I; for thou didst call me. And Eli perceived that the Lord had called the child.
9 Therefore Eli said unto Samuel, Go, lie down: and it shall be, if he call thee, that thou shalt say, Speak, Lord; for thy servant heareth. So Samuel went and lay down in his place.
10 And the Lord came, and stood, and called as at other times, Samuel, Samuel. Then Samuel answered, Speak; for thy servant heareth.
11 And the Lord said to Samuel, Behold, I will do a thing in Israel, at which both the ears of every one that heareth it shall tingle.
12 In that day I will perform against Eli all things which I have spoken concerning his house: when I begin, I will also make an end.

Okay since you all made me smile with the no mental history disclaimer I felt I would ease your minds a little with the above.. for this is very fitting here.

I love the story of Samuel and while reading thought of you all here.

GOD Bless you all in Christ.

Mar 28, 2016
God has not brought a new revelation since the close and seal of His word and adds a warning to anyone who would add to it or subtract form the whole, . What we had in part up until the last word to John, today we have the perfect. There are no laws missing by which we could know him more adequately.

What he has given us is ears to hear what the Spirit says .(not what our mind says we have the mind of Christ in these vessel of clay it is not of us.

This is not our literal ears but supernatural as in spiritual words that speak to new spirits as new creatures. Comparing the spiritual to the spiritual... or faith to faith .

The letter as that seen kills.

Natural man is deaf and blind when it comes to faith (the unseen unheard)

Isa 29:18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the "words of the book", and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.

You could say it’s the reason he did come into this world.To give us ears that hear the Spirit and eyes to see. .Blinding the prideful, deafening the the false prophets who say; thus says the Lord knowing he has not spoken .

John 9:39 And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind.

presidente

May 29, 2013
Every poster could tell about whether they have been treated for mental illness. I never have.

graceNpeace

Aug 12, 2016
I have never been treated for mental illness...
I have never, to my knowledge anyway, heard God speak to me audibly.

However, God is God, and I believe if He wished to speak audibly to me it would happen.

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
Hi all...Helen Keller was deaf, dumb and blind from 18 months old...She grew and became a women off God...She went on to preach the word of God, what an Amazing wonderful God we serve...\o/...I believe God spoke to her in more ways then one, He used her in the most delightful way:)...xox...

Mar 28, 2016
Hi all...Helen Keller was deaf, dumb and blind from 18 months old...She grew and became a women off God...She went on to preach the word of God, what an Amazing wonderful God we serve...\o/...I believe God spoke to her in more ways then one, He used her in the most delightful way:)...xox...
One way as it is written

If she preached the law of God(word of God) . His word is law and not after the philosophies of men. She was born again through that incorruptible seed. God is no longer bringing any new revelations as interpretations.

Romans 2:12 For "as many" as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and "as many" as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;

Where there is no word of God people perish.

H

heartofdavid

The business men's bible class I attend and teach when our fearless leader is absent,is basically Baptist.

I try to share a tiny bit in the spirit realm,but it is tiny,tiny steps. Visions are not welcome as of late,but our leader has become "hungry".

Just lately he flat out said " I want the Holy Spirit baptism"

Whoa,whoa,whoa.

Now that is something.

Talk about hearing God. He will soon be telling us of his newfound conversations with the Father!!!!

Wooooo hooooo