Has the law been put aside? If so, when?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Studyman

Oct 11, 2017
Well that's a terrible thing to say.

You are claimng that every Christian that does not promote the law as you do is under the influence of Satan.
Is that correct? Shame on you.
Wow,

Nice deflection.

I believe God's Word is truth and man's is nt.

1 John 3:
7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

You may be ashamed of many of His Words, but I am not. If these Word's sting you, your beef isn't with me.

Studyman

Oct 11, 2017
well, Jesus said the Law came through Moses, so there's that...........
What Law? The Laws Abraham was blessed for obeying? Or is He speaking to the "added" law given to the Levites to cleanses men of sins until He, (the seed) should come?

Lillywolf

Aug 29, 2018
You shot a flaming arrow. What did you expect, a lethal wound?
The more you speak the more evident it becomes that you are here to offend Christians.
Shame on us for paying you attention.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
What Law? The Laws Abraham was blessed for obeying? Or is He speaking to the "added" law given to the Levites to cleanses men of sins until He, (the seed) should come?
you do not think Jesus is fully God and fully man. you are no better than an atheist.

Lillywolf

Aug 29, 2018
you do not think Jesus is fully God and fully man. you are no better than an atheist.
Quite an accusation.
There is one here deserved of that identity however, you will have to be very specific in what constitutes the charge of atheist in Studyman's words that garnered your rebuke.
Studyman said:

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
Quite an accusation.
There is one here deserved of that identity however, you will have to be very specific in what constitutes the charge of atheist in Studyman's words that garnered your rebuke.
Studyman said:
that is not an accusation . he freely admit its.

how about this- when I say something about someone else, go through their posts , and see are my words valid.

then come back an ask me something.

Lillywolf

Aug 29, 2018
that is not an accusation . he freely admit its.

how about this- when I say something about someone else, go through their posts , and see are my words valid.

then come back an ask me something.
No, I'm right here and now asking you. And you failed.
Maybe a warning from God's breath is timely here and as would be applicable to those who hope to persuade Christians the law of God is non-applicable.
Matthew 5
17. "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them, but to fulfill them. 18For I tell you truly, until heaven and earth pass away, not a single jot, not a stroke of a pen, will disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19 So then, whoever breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do likewise will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.… "

Last I looked, Heaven and Earth are still here.

Sketch

Nov 1, 2018
The more you speak the more evident it becomes that you are here to offend Christians.
Shame on us for paying you attention.
Really?
You had no complaint about his post. But are happy to accuse me.

"There is only one spirit that wants folks to believe God has set aside His definition of sin. Eve was deceived by that spirit" - Studyman #107

Lillywolf

Aug 29, 2018
Maybe a warning from God's breath is timely here and as would be applicable to those who hope to persuade Christians the law of God is non-applicable.
Matthew 5
17. "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them, but to fulfill them. 18For I tell you truly, until heaven and earth pass away, not a single jot, not a stroke of a pen, will disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19 So then, whoever breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do likewise will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.… "

Luke 6:46“Why do you call Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not practice what I tell you?

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
Matthew 5

last time I looked, not one verse in the N. T. telling Christ followers to keep the Sabbath.

the Law was given to Israel only . gentiles were never under it. Paul said this in Romans 2.

Lillywolf

Aug 29, 2018
last time I looked, not one verse in the N. T. telling Christ followers to keep the Sabbath.

the Law was given to Israel only . gentiles were never under it. Paul said this in Romans 2.
. And you misrepresent the true and full teaching contained in Romans 2. You should take heed of Luke 6:46 and Matthew 5:19.

Are you a liar? A thief? You are an atheist or pagan? An adulterer? A blasphemer? All the above and more?
The ten commandments don't apply to you because you're a gentile?
Oh, that's right, Christians read the scripture that tells them there are no Jews! No Gentiles, no Greeks, no male, no female. We are all one in Christ Jesus.

Taking that God given fact, let us proceed. "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them, but to fulfill them. 18For I tell you truly,until heaven and earth pass away, not a single jot, not a stroke of a pen, will disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19 So then, whoever breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do likewise will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.… " Why do you call Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not practice what I tell you?

Lillywolf

Aug 29, 2018
. And you misrepresent the true and full teaching contained in Romans 2. You should take heed of Luke 6:46 and Matthew 5:19.

Are you a liar? A thief? You are an atheist or pagan? An adulterer? A blasphemer? All the above and more?
Christians read the scripture that tells them there are no Jews! No Gentiles, no Greeks, no male, no female. We are all one in Christ Jesus.

Taking that God given fact, let us proceed. "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them, but to fulfill them. 18For I tell you truly,until heaven and earth pass away, not a single jot, not a stroke of a pen, will disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19 So then, whoever breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do likewise will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.… " Why do you call Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not practice what I tell you?
All peole are born into sin!

Romans10:12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, abounding in riches for all who call on Him;
Colossians 3:11 a renewal in which there is no distinction between Greek and Jew, circumcised and uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave and freeman, but Christ is all, and in all.

ROMANS 2 Read the full chapter for full teaching and context concerning the law

What Bibles on Bible Gateway are in the public domain?

gb9

Jan 18, 2011

Oh, that's right, Christians read the scripture that tells them there are no Jews! No Gentiles, no Greeks, no male, no female. We are all one in Christ Jesus.

nine of the 10 were repeated In the N.T. Sabbath was not

you see, it's very simple- Jesus said whosoever believes in Him will be saved. if one believes in Him, then the Holy Sprit lives inside this person. if the Holy Sprit lives inside a person, that person will manifest the fruits of the Sprit, against which there is no Law. so then a person will fulfil the righteous intent of the Law.

that is the Christian belief.

you guys are offering another way, a counterfit Gospel. it should be rejected. it is deceptive lie.

U

UnderGrace

you see, it's very simple- Jesus said whosoever believes in Him will be saved. if one believes in Him, then the Holy Sprit lives inside this person. if the Holy Sprit lives inside a person, that person will manifest the fruits of the Sprit, against which there is no Law. so then a person will fulfil the righteous intent of the Law.

you guys are offering another way, a counterfit Gospel. it should be rejected. it is deceptive lie.

Amen ....James calls it the "The Perfect Law of Liberty"

Lillywolf

Aug 29, 2018

The counterfeit is yours. And the saints here should be aware or beware of that which hopes to teach you to renounce the Sabbath day.

gb9 cannot argue against the Sabbath and go to church on Sunday. If you do you have repealed your own arguments. Besides the fact, your claim concerning the Sabbath and New Covenant, Testament, are wrong.
Because the scriptures are clear and yet argued against by some, perhaps an article by a fellow member of the body of Christ will help drive the Sabbath fact home. I'll share an article that broaches the false claim gb9 makes here. Jesus Christ is Lord of the Sabbath. Jesus didn't have to repeat the edict in the ten commands to remember the Sabbath day and keep it holy because , as we know , the Apostles kept the Sabbath even after Jesus departed back to the Father.

The Sabbath is not repeated in the New Testament.
https://revelationbyjesuschrist.com/sabbath-repeated/
Since the ethics of the New Covenant are based on what Christ taught, and since He taught more about the Sabbath than about all the other nine commandments put together, it is not true to say that the Sabbath commandment is not repeated in the New Testament.
(SIC)"...Since the ethics of the New Covenant are based on what Christ taught, and since He taught more about the Sabbath than about all the other nine commandments put together, it is not true to say that the Sabbath commandment is not repeated in the New Testament. Jesus taught a different Sabbath, but His statements, such as that the Sabbath was made for man, and that to do good is allowed on the Sabbath, implies the continued relevance of the special seventh day. [Continues]

And also:
Why is the Sabbath Commandment Not Repeated in the New Testament?

Jesus Christ and the apostles lived and taught in a Sabbath-keeping society.
Some people believe that, since the Sabbath commandment isn’t explicitly repeated in the New Testament, it is no longer binding. But is this true?

The Sabbath commandment did not have to be repeated in the New Testament, simply because the people to whom Jesus Christ and the apostles preached would never have imagined that it needed to be repeated! [Continues]

Lillywolf

Aug 29, 2018
Amen ....James calls it the "The Perfect Law of Liberty"
Even James knew he was not revoking Jesus' proclamation concerning one jot nor tittle of the law shall not pass away until all is fulfilled. Heaven and Earth are still here. Which means, not one jot nor tittle of the law has passed away.
The problem with those who renounce the law of God is, Jesus doesn't agree with them.

This is GotQuestions article concerning James writing concerning the Law of Liberty.
The law of liberty in no way states the Sabbath day no longer applies.

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them, but to fulfill them. 18For I tell you truly,until heaven and earth pass away, not a single jot, not a stroke of a pen, will disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19 So then, whoever breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do likewise will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.… " Why do you call Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not practice what I tell you?
Luke 6:46 and Matthew 5:19.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
The counterfeit is yours. And the saints here should be aware or beware of that which hopes to teach you to renounce the Sabbath day.

gb9 cannot argue against the Sabbath and go to church on Sunday. If you do you have repealed your own arguments. Besides the fact, your claim concerning the Sabbath and New Covenant, Testament, are wrong.
Because the scriptures are clear and yet argued against by some, perhaps an article by a fellow member of the body of Christ will help drive the Sabbath fact home. I'll share an article that broaches the false claim gb9 makes here. Jesus Christ is Lord of the Sabbath. Jesus didn't have to repeat the edict in the ten commands to remember the Sabbath day and keep it holy because , as we know , the Apostles kept the Sabbath even after Jesus departed back to the Father.

The Sabbath is not repeated in the New Testament.
https://revelationbyjesuschrist.com/sabbath-repeated/
Since the ethics of the New Covenant are based on what Christ taught, and since He taught more about the Sabbath than about all the other nine commandments put together, it is not true to say that the Sabbath commandment is not repeated in the New Testament.
(SIC)"...Since the ethics of the New Covenant are based on what Christ taught, and since He taught more about the Sabbath than about all the other nine commandments put together, it is not true to say that the Sabbath commandment is not repeated in the New Testament. Jesus taught a different Sabbath, but His statements, such as that the Sabbath was made for man, and that to do good is allowed on the Sabbath, implies the continued relevance of the special seventh day. [Continues]

And also:
Why is the Sabbath Commandment Not Repeated in the New Testament?

Jesus Christ and the apostles lived and taught in a Sabbath-keeping society.
Some people believe that, since the Sabbath commandment isn’t explicitly repeated in the New Testament, it is no longer binding. But is this true?

The Sabbath commandment did not have to be repeated in the New Testament, simply because the people to whom Jesus Christ and the apostles preached would never have imagined that it needed to be repeated! [Continues]
so, I am supposed to believe what Hebrew roots / s.d,.a. propaganda website over the Bible??

this site says there is no specific command in the N.T. to keep it, then proceeds to push propaganda that says Christ followers to keep it.

just lies piled on top of lies. to all reading, reject it. the only to be saved is faith and trust in Christ. keeping the Sabbath will not save you.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
Leviticus 26 v.45- " ".... but for there sakes I will remember the Covenant I made with there fathers whom I brought out of Egypt ,,,,,

so, what Covenant was God the Father speaking of? the Mosaic Covenant.

what composed the majority of that Covenant? the Laws given on Sinai.

so, unless you can trace your ancestry back to the people who crossed the red sea, then you were never under that Covenant .