Has this been fulfilled yet about burning the weapons?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
Sure some may argue Adam & Eve were more "illuminated" when they were convinced to sin against Yah by satan, but I don't think we'd make that argument as Christians. That's some other group's argument. Aside from that, I think we can agree that in the first millennium of man mankind was separated from Yah's personal presence (until Christ could restore mankind). Light and dark are scripturally tied to good and evil (Isaiah 45:7). And then we literally have a tree of knowing good and evil in the first story.

In terms of loose version; like we alluded to earlier there's nothing necessarily wrong with loose...but the major, core events that move the bible's story of redemption along are anything but loose right? Because without them mankind's redemption doesn't progress?

I'm by no means trying to get you to believe me, but if we take all of the chronology recorded in the pages of scripture and count it out (births; deaths; beginning and ending of reigns, etc, with year 1 of mankind being year 1 of Adam so year 930 of mankind is year 930 of Adam...and this takes a lot of patience for anyone read this post who's interesting in doing it), we see that each of the stories occur in the corresponding millennium that just so happens to relate to the theme of the particular creation day:

1) Adam (separation)
2) Noah (water)
3) Abraham, Isaac, Jacob (promised seeds)
4) Israel's Patriarchs, Kings, Christ (Sun, moon, stars)

And in each of these events Yah either declared what he would do or performed an action that corresponded to what he said and did in Creation week.

You can't get more exact than recorded chronology. Unfortunately, the chronology ends with the Acts of the Apostles..but thankfully we have the last 2000 years of recorded human history to continue on. And with Yah being true to the pattern he appears to be following for each event above, it seems reasonable to conclude that the last days of creation week have been and will be fulfilled in similar fashion; in the last millennia mankind currently has been living through.

5) Antichrist kingdom (Beast of the Sea)
6) False Prophet kingdom (Beast of the Earth)
7) Christ's 1000 year Reign (Sabbath)

----

But like I said earlier, it's one of those things where you put what you've been shown out there and it wouldn't necessarily alert satan's minions because of all the other information that's also floating out there. and if it speaks to someone then that's who it was for.
And wait a minute, the Patriarchs are the sun moon and stars? But I think the Patriarchs are around about 2000 BC, which would put them in the third millennium of creation not the 4th. Or did I get a date wrong or something?

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
Has this been fulfilled yet about burning the weapons?

Short answer "No". it is a long way off and happens after the second coming of Christ. And there is nothing symbolic here.
How is that going to work when death has been swallowed up in victory when Jesus returns? Not only that, there will be a new heaven and a new earth.

2 Peter 3:10-13

But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything done in it will be laid bare.

Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming. That day will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire, and the elements will melt in the heat. But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, where righteousness dwells.

Yahshua

Sep 22, 2013
Light and dark can be related to Good and Evil, but also to knowledge and lack of knowledge. Adam and Eve had more knowledge after the fruit than before. That would correspond to Greater light not separation from light. That knowledge of Good and Evil has continued with every human since Adam and Eve, I believe.

Yes, events from each of the 1000-year blocks can be found that will fit the days of creation. Now, I think that the water is receding and dry land appearing while Noah was in the ark would fit better with the third day of creation than the second.

If one takes a literal view of the years given in the genealogies, and connects it up with things like the Assyrian astronomical observations, doesn't one find within just a year or two the date of creation?
I see where you're coming from regarding light and dark related to knowledge...

As far as Noah's event and the dry land appearing; I see what you mean. The only reason why I would differ in that is because in day two we're told that "water separated from water" to create the expanse/firmament right? Well we know that during the flood the heavens opened up and water fell from above and water rose from below (breaking forth from the fountains of the great deep) covering everything, so there was no more expanse between the waters above and the waters below until Gen 8:2 when Yah once again separated waters above from waters below fulfilling the same action from day two.

Regarding the Assyrians; I'm not sure actually. I haven't studied their astronomical observations to know. I had two timelines I was building on my spreadsheet: historical records running backwards (CE to BCE) and biblical records running forward (YFA = what I call "year from Adam"). I synchronized these time lines at the ministry of Christ, using Daniel 9:24-27, Nehemiah, the gospel of Luke, and Roman records. But I'll plot them in my astronomy software and see what I come up with. It shows me what the stars were like at the birth of Christ so I'll use it as my starting point.

And wait a minute, the Patriarchs are the sun moon and stars? But I think the Patriarchs are around about 2000 BC, which would put them in the third millennium of creation not the 4th. Or did I get a date wrong or something?
Oops! Nope, you're right I just checked my spreadsheet and the Patriarchs are well into the third millennium. I was going off of memory and misspoke. The Kings/rulers begin at the fourth. Thank ya, thank ya.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
How is that going to work when death has been swallowed up in victory when Jesus returns? Not only that, there will be a new heaven and a new earth.
Everything should be taken in its chronological sequence (as spelled out in Scripture) and there will be no issues or conflicts.

What makes you think that death is swallowed up in victory "when Jesus returns"? Quite the opposite according to Revelation 19.

And the remnant were slain [died] with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: [supernatural destruction] and all the fowls were filled with their flesh. [birds feeding on dead bodies] (v 21)

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014

As far as Noah's event and the dry land appearing; I see what you mean. The only reason why I would differ in that is because in day two we're told that "water separated from water" to create the expanse/firmament right? Well we know that during the flood the heavens opened up and water fell from above and water rose from below (breaking forth from the fountains of the great deep) covering everything, so there was no more expanse between the waters above and the waters below until Gen 8:2 when Yah once again separated waters above from waters below fulfilling the same action from day two.

Regarding the Assyrians; I'm not sure actually. I haven't studied their astronomical observations to know. I had two timelines I was building on my spreadsheet: historical records running backwards (CE to BCE) and biblical records running forward (YFA = what I call "year from Adam"). I synchronized these time lines at the ministry of Christ, using Daniel 9:24-27, Nehemiah, the gospel of Luke, and Roman records. But I'll plot them in my astronomy software and see what I come up with. It shows me what the stars were like at the birth of Christ so I'll use it as my starting point.

Oops! Nope, you're right I just checked my spreadsheet and the Patriarchs are well into the third millennium. I was going off of memory and misspoke. The Kings/rulers begin at the fourth. Thank ya, thank ya.
Well, in day two of creation the waters are together then they get separated. In Noah's case though the waters are separated then they come together then they get separated. So in my opinion, it doesn't really match up.

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014

So about the Assyrians, I just picked them because I had heard that archaeologists consider there calendars very reliable because they relate to astronomical events that we can plot. but we could relate it to some other part of history that we have a good degree of certainty about. So when would the Seventh Day begin? 2000? Or 2028?

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014

Well you're very welcome about the Patriarchs. Now doesn't Joseph in his dream compared his father and mother and brothers to the sun moon and stars? So that would correspond to the 4th day of creation.

Yahshua

Sep 22, 2013
Well, in day two of creation the waters are together then they get separated. In Noah's case though the waters are separated then they come together then they get separated. So in my opinion, it doesn't really match up.
In order for water to separate in fulfillment it would have to come back together...again (lol). It's like the prophecy in Isaiah 7:14 of the virgin birth. We all attribute this prophecy to Christ (as we should), but that prophecy was first fulfilled centuries before in the time of Israel with the birth of the child name Maher-Shalal-Hash-Baz. So it happened at that moment in time, but then was fulfilled again later.

We can even use Adam as an example. Adam entered into a deep sleep, his side was opened, and out came the material to form his wife Eve (whose Hebrew name is "chavah" meaning "life"). Thousands of years later, the 2nd Adam (Christ) entered the sleep of death, his side was pierced open by the spear, and out came blood and water (both symbols of "life"). It is then by this blood that the bride of Christ is formed.

Ecclesiastes 1:9
"What has been is what will be. What has been done is what will be done. There is nothing new under the sun."

Isaiah 46:9-10
9 Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me,

10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

So the question arises, when did Yah declare the end? He had to declare it at some point in the books prior to saying this in Isaiah 46. And what is the end of all things? Well the end is described in Revelation 22 with the tree of life and Eden restored. Now if we dig deeper past the translation, the last line starts by saying "Declaring the end from Bereshit...", which just so happens to be the same name of the first book of scripture, which just so happens to be when Eden and the tree of life was first created.

So the end was literally declared from Genesis when Yah created his kingdom during creation week.

Well you're very welcome about the Patriarchs. Now doesn't Joseph in his dream compared his father and mother and brothers to the sun moon and stars? So that would correspond to the 4th day of creation.
:) Yes! Joseph does have that specific dream about them bowing down to him...but Yah didn't declare anything in the dream to or about mankind. What I mean is, he wasn't talking to anyone in that instance about mankind's drama worldwide like he did with:

Adam (mankind cursed)
Noah (mankind destroyed by water)
Abraham (mankind blessed by seed)
Christ (mankind healed by Sun)
John the servant of Revelation (mankind's final drama; restoring the garden)

I'm not saying Joseph's dream wasn't prophetic as there are a multitude of prophecies in scripture. I'm just saying it may not have been for mankind you know?

So about the Assyrians, I just picked them because I had heard that archaeologists consider there calendars very reliable because they relate to astronomical events that we can plot. but we could relate it to some other part of history that we have a good degree of certainty about. So when would the Seventh Day begin? 2000? Or 2028?
Hmm. That's interesting. I'm curious as to why you'd pick the date 2028? May I ask where these specific years came from?

As far as when the seventh day begins; it's whenever Christ appears I guess...but we know how much time has past to know where we are in this grand drama of ours. I'm reminded of how Moses asked to see Yah. Yah said no one can see his face but He'll show Moses his back as he passes by. So we're allowed to see what has passes in Yah's plan.

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
In order for water to separate in fulfillment it would have to come back together...again (lol). It's like the prophecy in Isaiah 7:14 of the virgin birth. We all attribute this prophecy to Christ (as we should), but that prophecy was first fulfilled centuries before in the time of Israel with the birth of the child name Maher-Shalal-Hash-Baz. So it happened at that moment in time, but then was fulfilled again later.

We can even use Adam as an example. Adam entered into a deep sleep, his side was opened, and out came the material to form his wife Eve (whose Hebrew name is "chavah" meaning "life"). Thousands of years later, the 2nd Adam (Christ) entered the sleep of death, his side was pierced open by the spear, and out came blood and water (both symbols of "life"). It is then by this blood that the bride of Christ is formed.

"What has been is what will be. What has been done is what will be done. There is nothing new under the sun."

9 Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me,

10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

So the question arises, when did Yah declare the end? He had to declare it at some point in the books prior to saying this in Isaiah 46. And what is the end of all things? Well the end is described in Revelation 22 with the tree of life and Eden restored. Now if we dig deeper past the translation, the last line starts by saying "Declaring the end from Bereshit...", which just so happens to be the same name of the first book of scripture, which just so happens to be when Eden and the tree of life was first created.

So the end was literally declared from Genesis when Yah created his kingdom during creation week.

:) Yes! Joseph does have that specific dream about them bowing down to him...but Yah didn't declare anything in the dream to or about mankind. What I mean is, he wasn't talking to anyone in that instance about mankind's drama worldwide like he did with:

Adam (mankind cursed)

I'm not saying Joseph's dream wasn't prophetic as there are a multitude of prophecies in scripture. I'm just saying it may not have been for mankind you know?

Hmm. That's interesting. I'm curious as to why you'd pick the date 2028? May I ask where these specific years came from?

As far as when the seventh day begins; it's whenever Christ appears I guess...but we know how much time has past to know where we are in this grand drama of ours. I'm reminded of how Moses asked to see Yah. Yah said no one can see his face but He'll show Moses his back as he passes by. So we're allowed to see what has passes in Yah's plan.

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014

Adam (mankind cursed)

Hey where's the response that I posted in post 69? well, I'll try again...

I don't understand what you're saying here
"In order for water to separate in fulfillment it would have to come back together...again (lol)."

about declaring the end from the beginning, I think from the context it has to do with prophecies that Isaiah is giving about how things will turn out for Israel.

Before something even happens, I announce how it will end.
In fact, from times long ago I announced what was still to come.
I say, ‘My plan will succeed.
I will do anything I want to do.’
11 I will send for a man from the east to carry out my plan.
From a land far away, he will come like a bird that kills its food.
I will bring about what I have said.
I will do what I have planned.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Isaiah+46&version=NIRV

I don't think it's meaning to say that God said in the scriptures at the very beginning of time everything that would happen.

though I suppose you could say that since Jesus is the word of God made flesh, and Jesus already was in the beginning, from the beginning, that everything that God says at any time is already contained in Jesus.

I would say that the Patriarchs do relate to mankind because in their seed all the world shall be blessed.

2028 was just an example. I did a little research after that and found the best supported date seems to be that the world was created in 4004 BC making 6000 years 1996.

isn't it possible using various genealogies and what not to calculate a fairly accurate year of when the Earth was created?

Yahshua

Sep 22, 2013
Hey where's the response that I posted in post 69? well, I'll try again...

I don't understand what you're saying here
"In order for water to separate in fulfillment it would have to come back together...again (lol)."
Assuming for a moment that day 2 of creation week IS a prophecy, or - no - let's take any prophecy for that matter; in order for a prophecy to be fulfilled, the preconditions to where said prophecy could be fulfilled would have to develop.

So in the case of water from above separating from waters below on day 2, a situation would need to develop where water from above would need to separate from waters below again. The only situation where that could take place is if both waters rejoined for some reason...like they did during the worldwide flood in the 2nd millennium.

about declaring the end from the beginning, I think from the context it has to do with prophecies that Isaiah is giving about how things will turn out for Israel.

Before something even happens, I announce how it will end.
In fact, from times long ago I announced what was still to come.
I say, ‘My plan will succeed.
I will do anything I want to do.’
11 I will send for a man from the east to carry out my plan.
From a land far away, he will come like a bird that kills its food.
I will bring about what I have said.
I will do what I have planned.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Isaiah+46&version=NIRV

I don't think it's meaning to say that God said in the scriptures at the very beginning of time everything that would happen.

though I suppose you could say that since Jesus is the word of God made flesh, and Jesus already was in the beginning, from the beginning, that everything that God says at any time is already contained in Jesus.

I would say that the Patriarchs do relate to mankind because in their seed all the world shall be blessed.
Ok

2028 was just an example. I did a little research after that and found the best supported date seems to be that the world was created in 4004 BC making 6000 years 1996.

isn't it possible using various genealogies and what not to calculate a fairly accurate year of when the Earth was created?
...well as far as using genealogies, probably not in calculating when earth was created, but as far back as when Adam was first created definitely, since genealogies deal with human births. The earth was here for some time before man was created, and there's a difference as to how Yah measures days vs man. But I mean, it would have to be pretty close right?

The difficulty I run into when calculating years after the time of Christ to present day is, calendars (after Rome) no longer reckoned days and years using the sun, moon and stars but use calculations (i.e. "a year is every 12 months", and "some months have 30 or 31 days", and "days change from midnight to midnight", etc). Because of this, calendar days can progress faster than actual days (as soon as 12am hits vs when the sun sets), and subsequently years can behave the same way.

Such was prophesied to happen in Daniel 7:25 by the "dreadful" 4th beast.

This is why I'm forced to say "roughly" when talking about the last two millennia.

Biblically, there was a way for Israel to synchronize with leap years by watching the ripening of the barley crop (since Yah controls the growth) while following the sun, moon and stars, adding a 13th month if necessary...but we don't do this presently.

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
Assuming for a moment that day 2 of creation week IS a prophecy, or - no - let's take any prophecy for that matter; in order for a prophecy to be fulfilled, the preconditions to where said prophecy could be fulfilled would have to develop.

So in the case of water from above separating from waters below on day 2, a situation would need to develop where water from above would need to separate from waters below again. The only situation where that could take place is if both waters rejoined for some reason...like they did during the worldwide flood in the 2nd millennium.

Ok

...well as far as using genealogies, probably not in calculating when earth was created, but as far back as when Adam was first created definitely, since genealogies deal with human births. The earth was here for some time before man was created, and there's a difference as to how Yah measures days vs man. But I mean, it would have to be pretty close right?

The difficulty I run into when calculating years after the time of Christ to present day is, calendars (after Rome) no longer reckoned days and years using the sun, moon and stars but use calculations (i.e. "a year is every 12 months", and "some months have 30 or 31 days", and "days change from midnight to midnight", etc). Because of this, calendar days can progress faster than actual days (as soon as 12am hits vs when the sun sets), and subsequently years can behave the same way.

This is why I'm forced to say "roughly" when talking about the last two millennia.

Biblically, there was a way for Israel to synchronize with leap years by watching the ripening of the barley crop (since Yah controls the growth) while following the sun, moon and stars, adding a 13th month if necessary...but we don't do this presently.
Okay, I see what you're saying about Day 2 with the waters being together and then separating.

Now on day 3 when dry land appears, that sounds like that could fit well with the flood of Noah also.

Also the Israelites crossing the Red Sea on dry land, and again when the Israelites enter Canaan crossing the Jordan and the water separate. also I think it happens in the Days of Elijah and Elisha.

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014

Ok

So, if the time from Adam to the time of Christ can be carefully calculated, and we say that the Earth was made in 6 24 hour days or rather maybe I should say the six days of creation we're 24 hour days then we know pretty close the time from when God separated the light from the darkness and we can calculate that to the time of Christ. So is that about 4,000 and 4 years then?

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014

Ok

So about calendar shift, well if Jewish people have maintained a proper calendar, then it would make sense that we could calculate when the seventh Millennium begins at least in Jewish Reckoning.

But surely you don't think that the calendar has shifted more than 6 months do you? That when it was winter in the time of Jesus, in the Roman world, that still basically corresponds to our winter today? I think the Romans had some feast related to the winter solstice as did most Pagan cultures, and that winter feast corresponds to within a week or two of Christmas, I believe.

So it would make sense that to within a year or two, I think we should be able to calculate when it's been 7,000 years since God separated the light from the darkness on the first day of creation.