Hatred

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Sharp

Senior Member
May 5, 2009
2,576
26
48
I have alot of hatred, which I can't shake.

I can't get over it. I think about it every day, and I can't stop hating.

I can't move forward with my faith with all this hatred inside me.

Please pray that it will go away.
 
  • Like
Reactions: kittycat7
I'll pray... but I'll also give you some tips:

- Stop thinking about all of the things that you hate. God tells us, "Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy -- THINK ABOUT SUCH THINGS." Philippians 4:8

- Replace the thoughts of hatred with God. Ask God to fill you with his love, kindness, compassion, gentleness, peace ... you get the picture.

- Take those things you hate and give them to God in prayer, Ex: God, I can't deal with this person I give them to you... You want to do this because you don't want the thing you hate disrupting your relationship with God.

- Follow Christ's example, "Forgive them..."

I remember a quote I once heard, "Hatred is like injecting yourself with poison and hoping the other person dies..." In other words, hatred hurts you, not the thing you hate.

BEST WISHES - This is an exciting time for your walk with Christ do you really want this "junk/hatred" to get in the way?
 
That was great advice, NMsmile! I need to take note of this for myself when I deal with unforgiveness.

I'm sorry your heart is burdened with so much anger, Sharp. I will definitely lift you up in prayer. I heard a quote once that goes something like "He who angers you, owns you" We don't want anyone to own us except Christ. God bless you.
 
I love what nmsmile shared, made me smile!
Sharp, its Jesus that removes the hate, you simply have to give it to Him.
This is done in many ways, forgivness is a biggy, things dont have to make sence, oyou just have to be willing in Jesus!
You are and continue to be in my daily prayers in Jesus Christ is Lord!

Big hugs and God bless. :)
pickles
 
Re: Hatred turned to love?

Dear Brother Luke, I hope this helps you as much as it did me:
Oh Lord, how long must I call for help before you listen?
I shout to You in vain; there is no answer. Help Murder! I cry, but no one comes to save. Must I forever see this sin and sadness all around me?


Wherever I look, there is oppression and bribery and men who love to argue and to fight. The law is not enforced and there is no justice given in the courts, for the wicked far outnumber the righteous, and bribes and trickery prevail."

"The Lord replied; Look and be amazed! You will be astounded at what I am about to do! For I am going to do something in your own lifetime that you will have to see to believe." Habakkuk 1: 3-5 Does it not feel right
?
Does it not feel like something tremendous is about to happen? It is in the air! Are you ready?


Dear Lord Jesus, please forgive me for my sins, cast all negative, fearful, doubting spirits far from me, heal me physically, mentally, spiritually, grant me the gift of faith,
wisdom, peace, tranquility, joy, and the certainty that you will never leave me, fill me now with your Holy Spirit, lead and guide my future path in life, these things I ask in Jesus name, Amen

Dear brothers and sisters, speak to our Father often, read His word a bit everyday, go out and find your brothers and sisters of The Almighty God !!! Remember, Salvation is not a feeling, God is with us always. It is only feelings that change. God will return joy to your life, stay close to Him !!!

May God pour out His richest blessings upon you and yours !!! Have a great day in Jesus.

Love in Jesus Christ
bro Gary






I have alot of hatred, which I can't shake.

I can't get over it. I think about it every day, and I can't stop hating.

I can't move forward with my faith with all this hatred inside me.

Please pray that it will go away.
 
Luke. I really wish there was something I could do to help you.

It is clear that you are in a strong battle with yourself, but the fact that you keep returning to ask for prayer shows you WANT to let the "right side" win.
I know how difficult that is, how easy it is to just let go, let the "voice" one knows is not of God win because giving in is so much easier than keeping up the fight. Spiritual battles are exhausting and painful, but if you keep turning to God He will eventually let you know beyond a shadow of a doubt that you belong with Him.

God has his own way of doing things (yeah, it drives me insane sometimes, and I sure don't understand it most of the time),
remember the lady who asked Jesus to heal her daughter?

Matthew 15:21-28


The Faith of a Canaanite Woman

21 Leaving that place, Jesus withdrew to the region of Tyre and Sidon. 22 A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, “Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is demon-possessed and suffering terribly.” 23 Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, “Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us.”
24 He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.”
25 The woman came and knelt before him. “Lord, help me!” she said.
26 He replied, “It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to the dogs.”
27 “Yes it is, Lord,” she said. “Even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their master’s table.”
28 Then Jesus said to her, “Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted.” And her daughter was healed at that moment.