A
gluttony issues..spending too much time on computer..not enough exercise..prayer issues..
While I acknowledge I have many sins, I do have one pet sin that I always go back to without fail... Its the one I try to avoid while working on all the others first...
My pet sin is lust. Most people think of this one as a guy problem but it is a big one for me... I justify by saying "I don't sleep around... I'm waiting til marriage... Blah blah blah"
Sure I'm waiting til marriage with my boyfriend but my thoughts/media I listen to/other little things I don't want to mention in polite company are out of hand!
And its embarrassing. My "favorite" sin that I use as an escape. Please pray for me!
I have always thought this was mainly a guy problem, but I'm hearing more and more women admitting to having issues with lust, so you are not alone. Lust is kind of like a drug of escape. It's embarrassing for any of us to admit that we have a problem with lust, but I admire your honesty and will gladly pray for you!![]()
Pride. I sometimes wonder if I am unconciously proud of being proud. Vanity. I know...
Dad
Please continue to be with our Lady Blue. There is such a need here for our dear sister with the pain she deals with daily and she is laying down a few of her pet sins to You and I ask that you give her the strength to deal with gluttony and computer time and Father I too should pray more along with my sister Blue. We know that You are Faithful and that nothing is impossible with You Dad and ask for You to come into Lady Blue's heart and help her to be victorious and be an overcomer in the areas she is giving to You this day. Thanks for hearing and answering this prayer in Jesus Name Amen.
I struggle with lust and sexual perversion, it has gotten better over the last couple weeks though as I have been fighting it more, but at the same time, I am broken over all that is going on in my life and is happening to me, and I feel like a drug addict on the streets who just needs a fix. In fact, I may outright say its not just porn and sexual immorality sometimes or lust sometimes, if I had drugs like methamphetamine, I would probably be addicted or a user. I need prayer for healing and restoration for the roots that are causing this. Despite it all, His grace is sufficient.
I will absolutely pray for healing and restoration. Speaking of feeling like a drug addict, researchers are finding that when people indulge in porn, they release powerful chemicals in their brain and body. Mark Kastleman, author of The Drug of the New Millennium, said, "There are a growing number of therapists and psychologists who are saying that this is as addictive as cocaine," or alcohol, or even heroin. He explained that, when people view porn, "It causes the brain to release what we call endogenous drugs or endogenous chemicals. 'Endogenous' meaning 'produced from within.' So where cocaine or alcohol seek to mimic the brain's natural chemicals, pornography releases the real deal. And so we have things like adrenaline, epinephrine, ACTH."I struggle with lust and sexual perversion, it has gotten better over the last couple weeks though as I have been fighting it more, but at the same time, I am broken over all that is going on in my life and is happening to me, and I feel like a drug addict on the streets who just needs a fix. In fact, I may outright say its not just porn and sexual immorality sometimes or lust sometimes, if I had drugs like methamphetamine, I would probably be addicted or a user. I need prayer for healing and restoration for the roots that are causing this. Despite it all, His grace is sufficient.
I will absolutely pray for healing and restoration. Speaking of feeling like a drug addict, researchers are finding that when people indulge in porn, they release powerful chemicals in their brain and body. Mark Kastleman, author of The Drug of the New Millennium, said, "There are a growing number of therapists and psychologists who are saying that this is as addictive as cocaine," or alcohol, or even heroin. He explained that, when people view porn, "It causes the brain to release what we call endogenous drugs or endogenous chemicals. 'Endogenous' meaning 'produced from within.' So where cocaine or alcohol seek to mimic the brain's natural chemicals, pornography releases the real deal. And so we have things like adrenaline, epinephrine, ACTH."![]()
I just want to encourage all of those who posted about anger, that God can and will change you. I had a temper like no one else. I didn't even know it was a sin until a few years after I was saved.
I prayed for deliverance, but it took God 30 years to answer that prayer. I'm not quite perfect, but nothing like the rages I used to have, and I know it is because I have learned to trust God, and that he is totally in control. If God is in control of a situation or a person, why should I be angry?
As far as current sins, working on losing weight, and trying to be humble. God is helping me through both, but still challenges, especially since two of the medications I am currently on cause you to crave salt. Prayer appreciated, that my RA can be controlled, so I can get off those medications and get back to a lower weight. Also so I can get back to riding my bicycle, which was a big part of controlling my weight. I can barely walk right now, so riding the bike is beyond me and has been for a few months, the first time in 10 years I have not been able to ride. (I'm still stretching, and I really need it!)
Humility - well, just pray that God is going to continue the job of shaping, molding and transforming me. I have to praise him for all he has done in my life and that he continues the work every day!