Have you ever been rejected?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Saturn

Apr 30, 2014
Have you ever asked someone out only for them to say no?

If so, why do you think they said no? Did they say why? And how did you feel afterwards?
I've never asked someone out so i have not experienced rejection in that way, no. There is only one time i can think of that i was rejected and it was of course very hurtful. I know it definitely caused me to question myself. I think he rejected me because he had/has so many issues that he doesn't really know how to handle relationships. Who knows though, sitting around and wondering why a person rejected you can be a fruitless exercise and sometimes make you feel worse about the situation.

Just my two cents :)

T

toinena

I have been rejected by a house church. Does that count?

T

toinena

Why did they reject you?
I have no idea. I guess I am too old or demanding or something. It is difficult when I don't do stairs. They just said they didn't have anything for me.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
You must be pretty attractive to catch even the devil's attention. :p

Just kidding.
Just a tip.... when you're flirting with, or hitting on a gal.... don't end it with "just kidding."

DiscipleDave

Sep 4, 2012

If so, why do you think they said no? Did they say why? And how did you feel afterwards?
No, i have only asked one person out in all my 50 years, and that was my ex-wife, and she said Maybe. Yes or no would have been just fine, but "Maybe" what do you do with that? It's not yes, it's not no. This should have been a red flag immediately, i guess my red flag machine was broken.

^i^

††† In His Holy and Precious Name, Jesus Christ †††

DiscipleDave

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
No, i have only asked one person out in all my 50 years, and that was my ex-wife, and she said Maybe. Yes or no would have been just fine, but "Maybe" what do you do with that? It's not yes, it's not no. This should have been a red flag immediately, i guess my red flag machine was broken.

^i^

††† In His Holy and Precious Name, Jesus Christ †††

DiscipleDave
I usually take a "maybe" as a big ol fat NO. I just move on.

dailybread

Jan 7, 2018

-Yes, I have been told many a time :(
-I think it is because they didn't want a single dad :(
-As for afterwards, I felt unattractive and unwanted :( ( although this was probably the enemy trying to get to me )

dailybread

Jan 7, 2018
Dating sites are of the devil.

Funny that I came across this. Anytime that I would join one ( I feel bad about it and regret it) I felt as if I were committing a sin. Something just didn't feel right about it. I would feel so condemned and guilty about it :( I heard the Lord tell me to delete my account and trust in Him to bring me my spouse :)