Have you ever wished that the Bible had its own tutorial?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 7, 2019
Right... but if we don't need teachers, and YOU assert that we don't... then we still don't need you for anything.

If God wants us to know this stuff, God can just tell us all directly, and we don't need you for anything at all.

You can just ignore my posts if they do not interest you.

And just what if...
what if I'm studying alone with no teacher... .and God shows me everything YOU are saying is FALSE?
What then?

I have every confidence that such would never happen, but for that to happen, we would still arrive at the truth, by default. God still wins.

Seems to me we have some real dilemmas here if nobody needs a teacher, and nobody's theology needs to be corroborated or tested.

Say what? I invite others to test what I say against the scriptures... by re-reading them in a new light... to see if it is so. But I suppose you had to throw in that concept to take the tangent you had chosen. Your stomping semantically over teachers to play the pope to my Galileo conveniently ignores the message to defend not looking. It is your right to think any way you want.

Sep 7, 2019

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
Okay... :) I guess I can't interest you in making comment about the following article's ideas... [??]...

[quoting]

"o Some prophetic passages have a much more profound meaning than we typically understand them to have o In the case of Isaiah 7:14-15 the alma prophecy has a clear meaning for the immediate audience…God will be sovereign over the nations…Judah needs to respond to God’s authority. Immanuel è Sovereignty of God § But, we have clues in the text around the prophecy that there is more to this prophecy than meets the eye. o Isaiah doesn’t name the son of his alma Immanuel but Mahershalalhashbaz; a name referring to God’s prediction that he would use Assyria to judge Israel/Aram and discipline Judah…God’s sovereignty is in the name but the name itself doesn’t conform to the prophecy. o Yet in that very chapter describing the discipline of Judah Israel is equated with Immanuel, then later ‘God is with us’ in the discipline o The theme continues right through chapter 9 when it is said that Israel will produce the messiah who, amongst other things, will be God with Israel. o Each time Immanuel or ‘God with us’ is mentioned the motif of God’s sovereignty accompanies it but the whole passage flows to the ultimate satisfaction of the prediction in the prediction of the messiah. § Thus, when Matthew 1:23 says that Mary’s situation fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah we can completely agree…how much more could anyone have filled-to-overflowing the motif of the sovereignty of God manifest in the messiah. o This doesn’t do violence to the proximate meaning of the prophecy…the proximate prophecy creates a ripple that amplifies the sovereignty of God in the past and anticipates his final sovereignty in the person of the messiah… o Matthew wasn’t saying the Isaiah prophecy was a prediction of the virgin birth of Christ or a double reference to Christ and Mahershalalhashbas but a much more profound prediction of the sovereignty of God in Isaiah’s time and for all time through the messiah"

[and its notes]

"21 The first referent (Mahershalalhashbaz) is the type the second referent is the anti-type (Christ)
22 alma is the only term that would fit a double reference b/c Isaiah's bride was a virgin at the time of the prophecy and Mary was a virgin until sometime after Christ was born
23 3-12 years depending on whether this child would not yet have reached an age of intellectual discernment (2-3 years or 732 when Damascus was destroyed by Assyria) OR moral discernment (12 years, 722 when Israel fell to Assyria);"

-- https://www.xenos.org/classes/isaiah [see Week 2 Lesson--Isaiah (this portion ^ re: Isaiah 7:14)]

[end quoting]

And... what about Psalm 72... do you believe that chpt is only about Solomon (or whoever)??

:)

Jul 20, 2019
Tutorial? Just ask the author, he knows the story beginning to the end