Have you heard the gosel lately.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Hann57

Jan 2, 2018
1Co 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
1Co 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

2Co_5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

Rom 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Eph 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Gal 1:11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.
Gal 1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

2Co_4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

2Co_5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

2Th 1:8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
2Th 1:9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

You must believe (obey the gospel) Otherwise you are lost and will come befor the judgement seat of Christ still in your sin.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
When I checked on what Christ said he came to tell us about, I was flabbergasted. I thought the gospel God wanted us to hear was that Christ died for our sins. But both John and Baptist and Matthew said he came to tell us to "repent for the kingdom of God is hear". It is in both Matthew 3:2 and 4:17.

The Lord must know that we know about Christ. After all, we have been told about him from the moment Adam and Eve's disobedience caused our death, for God gave blood on the alter right away. Now, he wants us all to know how to take advantage of what Christ did for us, and that is to repent of our sins.

Hann57

Jan 2, 2018
When I checked on what Christ said he came to tell us about, I was flabbergasted. I thought the gospel God wanted us to hear was that Christ died for our sins. But both John and Baptist and Matthew said he came to tell us to "repent for the kingdom of God is hear". It is in both Matthew 3:2 and 4:17.

The Lord must know that we know about Christ. After all, we have been told about him from the moment Adam and Eve's disobedience caused our death, for God gave blood on the alter right away. Now, he wants us all to know how to take advantage of what Christ did for us, and that is to repent of our sins.
Really ?

Isaskar

Nov 13, 2021
Yeah I have and so has everyone else in Europe and America.

Lets start giving them more of the Gospel than the 101 Jesus died for you presentation? Or would that just be works? Can't do that!

Hann57

Jan 2, 2018
I dont know what your on about. Everyone in Europe and America ? Most people do not know the gospel.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
1Co 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
1Co 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

2Co_5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

Rom 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Eph 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Gal 1:11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.
Gal 1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

2Co_4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

2Co_5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

2Th 1:8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
2Th 1:9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

You must believe (obey the gospel) Otherwise you are lost and will come befor the judgement seat of Christ still in your sin.
“Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭1:14-15‬ ‭KJV‬‬

The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭4:18-19, 21‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son: Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”
‭‭John‬ ‭5:22, 24‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭16:15-16‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
I dont know what your on about. Everyone in Europe and America ? Most people do not know the gospel.
Jesus Himself is the Gospel. Simeon called Him "thy Salvation" because the name Yeshua (Yah + Shua, translated as Jesus) means GOD IS OUR SALVATION". And everyone in Europe and America has heard about Jesus. In fact a huge number use His name as a swear word.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
“Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.” ‬‬
So what is the gospel? Anytime Christ speaks of it, Christ speaks of repentance. Is that how we speak of the gospel?

S

SophieT

and we're off

again

sadly

SomeDisciple

Jul 4, 2021
From now on, I'm going to refer to these two verses as "The Gosel", in your honor. You are missing something.

ewq1938

Oct 18, 2018
Apparently the gospel is something Christians are to argue about.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
nec
So what is the gospel? Anytime Christ speaks of it, Christ speaks of repentance. Is that how we speak of the gospel?
Its his word sister his teachings that’s why God sent him to give us jidgement . your right he’s about repentance but also remission of sins he also teaches us Gods Will Jesus preached for about three years the gospel

Jesus taught his disciples that’s for us the church all of it is meant to be believed and as we learn we are meant to keep walking in it moving forward from glory to glory and faith to faith .

one example of repentance it’s not just to say this

“I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭13:3‬ ‭KJV‬‬

it’s not just saying repent it’s also learning what repentance is in Christ for instance we should begin to see repentance like this

“Then drew near unto him all the publicans and sinners for to hear him.

And the Pharisees and scribes murmured, saying, This man receiveth sinners, and eateth with them.

And he spake this parable unto them, saying, What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it? And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing.

And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost.

( now he applies that parable )

I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

Either what woman having ten pieces of silver, if she lose one piece, doth not light a candle, and sweep the house, and seek diligently till she find it? And when she hath found it, she calleth her friends and her neighbours together, saying, Rejoice with me; for I have found the piece which I had lost. Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.

‭‭Luke‬ ‭15:1-10

notice how the Pharisees didn’t see the value they were too busy worried that Jesus was associating with sinners and thinking they were righteous by the law but the sinners were listening to him because his message was for them

if we begin to see thing like Jesus taught it’s going to change us and turn us to repentance see how repentance becomes a really great thing in his word heres Another offering

“And he said, A certain man had two sons: And the younger of them said to his father, Father, give me the portion of goods that falleth to me. And he divided unto them his living.

And not many days after the younger son gathered all together, and took his journey into a far country, and there wasted his substance with riotous living. And when he had spent all, there arose a mighty famine in that land; and he began to be in want. And he went and joined himself to a citizen of that country; and he sent him into his fields to feed swine.

And he would fain have filled his belly with the husks that the swine did eat: and no man gave unto him.

And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father's have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger! I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee, And am no more worthy to be called thy son: make me as one of thy hired servants.

And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him. And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight, and am no more worthy to be called thy son. But the father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet: And bring hither the fatted calf, and kill it; and let us eat, and be merry: For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭15:11-24‬ ‭KJV‬‬

do you see what I’m saying ? Notice the father was concerned not with his sins but that he came home finally the son was concerned with his sins but the father just wanted him home so he could heal and care for him

We’ve all sinned and we’re at some time like the son who offended and wasted his inheritance but God is calling us home and Jesus is the way home

it took his sons change of heart to bring him back the gospel can change our heart and turn us to the right understanding of God to know God we need to accept the gospel Jesus is how we can know him all he preached and taught is the gospel as well as his death and resurrection it’s his word and his blood of remission Thats the covenant

his word of you notice isn’t a list of dos and donts it’s rather a faith he’s teaching us how to believe right. if we start believing right we will be able to start living right everything we do is because of what the inside our heart

“And he said, That which cometh out of the man, that defileth the man. For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders, Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness: All these evil things come from within, and defile the man.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭7:20-23‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Those thkngs lead us into acting in sin we need to repent there in our heart so we’re not being led to sin . But instead we fill our hearts with his word of faith and we’re led into righteousness to believe the gospel can change that like this command

“But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭5:28‬ ‭KJV‬‬

you see if we follow Jesus word and repent when the wrong spirit is in us like lust we can keep from committing that sin because of we don’t forst allow it to take root on our heart or if we start believing that we need to repent inside our mind and heart we’re never going to commit the sin it comes from allowing our heart to be defiled

repentance is to change our minds from the flesh commands “ don’t commit “ to what keeps us from committing the sin which is to cut off the thought and fantasy in our heart the spirit is what keeps us from following the flesh

Gods word through Christ Jesus is the gospel as well as everything he did in the gospel Paul taught almost every point of it so did the other apostles

it’s why he was sent to us that if we repent and believe him we’re going to be saved but we have to accept his word that’s what changes our heart be purified our inner self so our hearts rent like that anymore at that point we aren’t going to serve sin anymore me it’s because of him not us all we do is believe and follow after him our issue is within and that’s where we find repentance In Truth

we just have to trust what the savior said to us because it’s this

“Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me. If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.”
‭‭John‬ ‭7:16-17‬ ‭KJV‬‬

It’s this

“Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”
‭‭John‬ ‭8:31-32‬ ‭KJV‬‬

It’s this

“It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.”
‭‭John‬ ‭6:45‬ ‭KJV‬‬

it’s as simple as trusting this and accepting what he teaches

All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭11:27-30‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Thats what accomplishes this

“And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭5:20‬ ‭KJV‬‬

it’s what all of scriptire leads us to

Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.”
‭‭John‬ ‭5:39-40‬ ‭KJV‬‬

repentance , righteousness salvation is all a fruit of believing the truth of Jesus Christ the gospel. And following where it leads us always going to lead to repentance and a life that pleases God of we follow Jesus word always without fail and it’s the only way to know him

“Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.”
‭‭John‬ ‭14:6-7‬ ‭KJV‬‬

The gospel is recorded by four books Matthew mark Luke and John it is the life , ministry , miracles , teachings , sacrifice of and resurrection of also exaltation to the throne in heaven of Jesus Christ

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
From now on, I'm going to refer to these two verses as "The Gosel", in your honor. You are missing something.
The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God;”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭1:1‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭1:1‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Forasmuch as many have taken in hand to set forth in order a declaration of those things which are most surely believed among us, Even as they delivered them unto us, which from the beginning were eyewitnesses, and ministers of the word;

That thou mightest know the certainty of those things, wherein thou hast been instructed.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭1:1-2, 4‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God, (Which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures,) Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh; And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:

By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name: Among whom are ye also the called of Jesus Christ:”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭1:1-6‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia, Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ:

Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied. Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,”
‭‭1 Peter‬ ‭1:1-3‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
and we're off

again

sadly
It was Christ who brought this us, we worship the follow Christ not fights about him. How strange.

i should think it would only mean that as we tell people who Christ has done for us, when we think of it, we also think of the repentsnce that Christ concentrated on telling us about, and living in the kingdom of heaven on this earth as we will in heaven.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Everyone some advice here, don't bother responding to his threads it's just the same thing over and over again he cannot be reasoned with and will not stop as long as he gets the responses he is wanting. We can argue with a wall all day long but at some point we have to realize it is just a wall.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Everyone some advice here, don't bother responding to his threads it's just the same thing over and over again he cannot be reasoned with and will not stop as long as he gets the responses he is wanting. We can argue with a wall all day long but at some point we have to realize it is just a wall.
why not preach and discuss the real gospel in these theads ?!!! ❤️

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
why not preach and discuss the real gospel in these theads ?!!! ❤️
because it doesn't fit his narrative I tried and he put me on ignore if we want to discuss the gospel it cannot be in a thread made by him because he just wants to argue and push his theology on others and god forbid we should disagree or stand on truth that opposes his.

If he was really concerned about the gospel he would spread it not create threads made to argue about it, he knows what he is doing he lays the bait out and we all just take it

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
because it doesn't fit his narrative I tried and he put me on ignore if we want to discuss the gospel it cannot be in a thread made by him because he just wants to argue and push his theology on others and god forbid we should disagree or stand on truth that opposes his.

If he was really concerned about the gospel he would spread it not create threads made to argue about it, he knows what he is doing he lays the bait out and we all just take it
Yeah but maybe she’s never heard it and just read Joseph prince me Paul Ellis who taught her this stuff ?

who are we but believers who believe and share the gospel on hope that someone might hear and turn to Jesus and learn the truth from him ?

Dec 29, 2021
I have checked Dictionaries, Thesauruses, Concordances, even Encyclopedias, I cannot locate what a gosel is :cry:

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020

“And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves;

if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.”
‭‭2 Timothy‬ ‭2:24-26‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.”
‭‭2 Timothy‬ ‭4:2-4‬ ‭KJV‬‬

the truth

“Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.”
‭‭John‬ ‭18:37‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭1:14-15‬ ‭KJV‬‬

The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears. And he said unto them, I must preach the kingdom of God to other cities also: for therefore am I sent.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭4:18-19, 21, 43‬ ‭

I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep. I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine. As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.”
‭‭John‬ ‭10:11, 14-16‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭24:14‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭16:15-16‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭16:20‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And Paul dwelt two whole years in his own hired house, and received all that came in unto him, Preaching the kingdom of God, and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ, with all confidence, no man forbidding him.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭28:30-31‬ ‭KJV‬‬