Have You Noticed?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

Beloved57

That doesn't make sense. And the story of Job is incredibly evil. He bet the devil Job wouldn't lose his fait by killing his whole family, covering him in sores, then giving him a new one in place and extra years on his life. That's the very definition of evil, not love. A loving god wouldn't do that to his faithful, he'd have smoked the rebel angel years ago instead of letting him reign free steering people away from him and his paradise. Nothing about christian god makes sense, read... the... bible...

Hey, how is it going Thinkerman, so you see evil in the story of Job, it is kinda hard to understand with Our Great God of Love, why this happened. Job was a great servant of God, yet the devil got free range to do to him, as he wished (with a few limits from God). But did you know that Paul wrote: For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope. Roman 15:4

So where do you see God making a bet with the devil? What I see is God bragging about a faithful servant, and the devil, challenging the faithfulness of this servant. God did not say I bet, you can't trip him up, but for Job growth in faith, God allowed satan; to attack him. There are many on CC, who God has been will pleased with, that satan is attacking, not because they have done something wrong, but because God is well pleased with their faith. For He see their protential growth in faith (I Peter 1:5-7) which is so precious to Him that He will allow this kind of suffering.

If in our Christian faith all we have to do is believe and we will be blessed, and get what we want, everyone would pretty much follow. But true faith require suffering just as Jesus suffer for us. (II Timothy 2:12; 3:12).

One needs to remember that Adam and Eve where given dominion of the earth, but when they ate the forbidden fruit, they forfeited that dominion to the devil, if God immediately judged the devil, to Hell Fire, so would He would of have to do to Adam and Eve.

For Christians it is a bed of roses on earth because of what Jesus has done, but with every rose comes many thorns, which cause great pain.

Romans 5:3-4
3) And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulations worketh patience;
Believe me, I don't want patience this way, but God knows, that I and all Christians need it, so we may mature in faith in Christ.
4) And patience, experience; and experience, hope.

By us as Christians suffering for Jesus, we have the higher reward that can be given us, that is God is not ashamed to be called our God
Hebrews 11:16. Job suffer greatly yes, but his reward from God was, He was not ashamed to be called His God.

PS sorry about the long thread, hope this helps you some.

Dec 19, 2009
You are living with your own understanding about the Lord and it is all subjective. Our understanding must be rooted in the word and doctrine if we are to operate by faith in the mind of Christ. We can not have our own thoughts about who God is and how he operated toward man. This is why we have the written word and the Spirit and we must function with both and as we do we must forsake our own thoughts. Read (Is 55:6-11) and meditate on it for awhile.

Phil 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus
None of us completely understands the Lord, but I think I am on the right track.

Jun 24, 2010
None of us completely understands the Lord, but I think I am on the right track.
Learning the word is so much easier when you are in the environment with others who are being taught the word and doctrine daily, or at least is available on a daily basis. It is imperative that we come under a pastor-teacher that is called by God to feed the flock and oversee the affairs of the local church along with others that are qualified. There is safety in numbers and that applies to hearing the word preached. This is how we grow in grace and knowledge of Christ and how we are built up in the faith. To not be built up in the faith with others is so difficult and hard and learn when the yoke of learning should be easy and light (Mt 11:28-30).

Dec 19, 2009
Learning the word is so much easier when you are in the environment with others who are being taught the word and doctrine daily, or at least is available on a daily basis. It is imperative that we come under a pastor-teacher that is called by God to feed the flock and oversee the affairs of the local church along with others that are qualified. There is safety in numbers and that applies to hearing the word preached. This is how we grow in grace and knowledge of Christ and how we are built up in the faith. To not be built up in the faith with others is so difficult and hard and learn when the yoke of learning should be easy and light (Mt 11:28-30).
We can save ourselves a lot of trouble simply by obeying the commandments. If we do this, there really isn’t much to it, it doesn’t seem to me.

J

jkalyna

:) HE DOES FORGIVE US IN REPENTANCE. " THE SCRIPTURE THAT SAYS, I THINK IT WAS IN PSALMS, THAT " HE KNOWETH OUR FRAME" THAT WE ARE DUST." LIKE A MERIFULL FATHER, WHO GOD IS TO US.