Having Grace for the older generation

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Dooms

Feb 8, 2018
I'm 41 and taking care of my father (76). I think that it isn't mentioned enough the types of sacrifice we are called to do when dealing with the older generations. I worry about millennials that aren't ready to sacrifice in this way. Be brave!

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
Good for you Dooms! My brother and I took care of our mother until she died.

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
I do not have to deal with our mom everyday, but i can quite understand some of what an older sibling does and has to. As sis is in her early 60's, i cannot imagine how she can sound annoyed at times at things i could just let pass by, but yes, she's with our mom everyday, so she be going thru some stuff of older generation as well, that we the younger can still strive to understand. And be brave about!

gracenjoy

Mar 30, 2019
me too Dooms, took care of dad, now mom. so i want to encourage you, God promises that honoring your parents comes with the blessing "it will be well with you in the land" thats what I remind myself often. so may all go well for you! no greater love than to lay down your life for another! and as a side note..my two millennial kids help out a lot..so there is hope!