He already has!

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

pickles

Senior Member
Apr 20, 2009
14,479
182
63
Often, I see many ask why God has not destroyed evil, why hasn't He removed it from the world?
I was asking myself the other day,actually, more a question about how to answer this question.
When I looked to the bible in hope of finding the answer, I realized the answer is the bible.
From creation to revelation, we see God's hand in creating us because He loves us, freeing us from sin, evil, to, In Jesus, crushing satan, evil, and removing it completely from us.
God has done and is doing the very thing so many ask for,and is telling us how He will do it, giving us, His children every opportunity to leave sin behind and accept Him as Our Father , in Jesus Lord and savior ,Our God!

The bible is the answer and the action so many ask for!


Amazing isn't it, how often we think the question we ask God is so difficult, and He has already given us the answer before we even formed the thought. :)
We just have to look to Him, so He can remove the flesh from our eyes, that we may see and rejoice.
For it truly is but a blink of the eye compaired to the eternity that awaits us.
God is just giving us that blink of the eyes so we will see and receive Him in Jesus!

God bless
pickles
 
Often, I see many ask why God has not destroyed evil, why hasn't He removed it from the world?
I was asking myself the other day,actually, more a question about how to answer this question.
When I looked to the bible in hope of finding the answer, I realized the answer is the bible.
From creation to revelation, we see God's hand in creating us because He loves us, freeing us from sin, evil, to, In Jesus, crushing satan, evil, and removing it completely from us.
God has done and is doing the very thing so many ask for,and is telling us how He will do it, giving us, His children every opportunity to leave sin behind and accept Him as Our Father , in Jesus Lord and savior ,Our God!

The bible is the answer and the action so many ask for!


Amazing isn't it, how often we think the question we ask God is so difficult, and He has already given us the answer before we even formed the thought. :)
We just have to look to Him, so He can remove the flesh from our eyes, that we may see and rejoice.
For it truly is but a blink of the eye compaired to the eternity that awaits us.
God is just giving us that blink of the eyes so we will see and receive Him in Jesus!

God bless
pickles

Part of the answer is also dispensational: there is a distinction between the Lord's coming for His pilgrim church at the rapture (1 Thess. 4) and His coming on earth in power and glory, with various New Testament passages corresponding with the Old Testament phrase 'day of the LORD'. The application from this can be that the Lord is guiding and protecting His pilgrim church while at the same time dealing with the world and Israel according to His purposes.
 
Often, I see many ask why God has not destroyed evil, why hasn't He removed it from the world?
I was asking myself the other day,actually, more a question about how to answer this question.
When I looked to the bible in hope of finding the answer, I realized the answer is the bible.
From creation to revelation, we see God's hand in creating us because He loves us, freeing us from sin, evil, to, In Jesus, crushing satan, evil, and removing it completely from us.
God has done and is doing the very thing so many ask for,and is telling us how He will do it, giving us, His children every opportunity to leave sin behind and accept Him as Our Father , in Jesus Lord and savior ,Our God!

The bible is the answer and the action so many ask for!


Amazing isn't it, how often we think the question we ask God is so difficult, and He has already given us the answer before we even formed the thought. :)
We just have to look to Him, so He can remove the flesh from our eyes, that we may see and rejoice.
For it truly is but a blink of the eye compaired to the eternity that awaits us.
God is just giving us that blink of the eyes so we will see and receive Him in Jesus!

God bless
pickles

Wonderful post!

I have always seen the answer to why God allows evil things to happen in the book of Job. Our trials and tribulations allow us, like Job to say, "I had only heard about you before, but now I have seen you with my own eyes" (Job 42:5).

Romans 8:28 "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."
 
[h=3]Isaiah 45:7 and Amos 3:6[/h]
  • (Isaiah 45:7, KJV) - "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things."
  • (Amos 3:6) - "Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?"
Is God really the one who created evil? To answer the question we must first look at how the word for evil, "rah," is used in the Bible, examine the context of the Isaiah 45:7 passage, and look at other passages on the same subject.

First of all, the Hebrew word for evil, "rah," is used in many different ways in the Bible. In the KJV Bible it occurs 663 times. 431 times it is translated as "evil." The other 232 times it is translated as "wicked," "bad," "hurt," "harm," "ill," "sorrow," "mischief," "displeased," "adversity," "affliction," "trouble," "calamity," "grievous," "misery," and "trouble." So we can see that the word does not require that it be translated as "evil." This is why different Bibles translate this verse differently. It is translated as "calamity" by the NASB and NKJV; "disaster" by the NIV; and "woe" by the RSV.

Second, the context of the verse is speaking of natural phenomena.
"I am the Lord, and there is no other; Besides Me there is no God. I will gird you, though you have not known Me; 6That men may know from the rising to the setting of the sun That there is no one besides Me. I am the Lord, and there is no other, 7The One forming light and creating darkness, Causing well-being and creating calamity; I am the Lord who does all these," (Isaiah 45:5-7).
​
Notice that the context of the verse is dealing with who God is, that it is God who speaks of natural phenomena (sun, light, dark), and it is God who is able to cause "well-being" as well as "calamity." Contextually, this verse is dealing with natural disasters and human comfort issues. It is not speaking of moral evil; rather, it is dealing with calamity, distress, etc. This is consistent with other scriptures. For example,

  • "And the Lord said to him, "Who has made man’s mouth? Or who makes him dumb or deaf, or seeing or blind? Is it not I, the Lord?" (Exodus 4:11).
  • "Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?" (Amos 3:6).

Also, take note that Isaiah is presenting contrasts. He speaks of "light" and "darkness," "well being" and "calamity." The word "well-being" in the Hebrew is the word for 'peace,' "Shalome." So, in the context, we are seeing two sets of opposites: Light and dark, peace and non-peace, or well being and calamity. The "evil" that is spoken of is not ontological evil, but the evil experienced by people in the form of calamity.
From the above two verses (Exodus 4:11; Amos 3:6) we can see that the Lord is involved in calamity and problems in the earthly realm. Exodus 4:11 is speaking of human frailty and Amos 3:6 is speaking of woes in a city. It is not a moral evil that God brings, but calamity and distress upon people.

Of course, this raises other questions of why God would do such a thing, which I won't cover here. But, we can trust that whatever God does is just and is used for teaching, guiding, and disciplining His people.
Third, there are other verses that clearly show that God is pure and that He cannot approve of evil.

  • “The Rock! His work is perfect, For all His ways are just; a God of faithfulness and without injustice, righteous and upright is He," (Deut. 32:4).
  • "Thine eyes are too pure to approve evil, and Thou canst not look on wickedness with favor," (Hab. 1:13).

We can see that the Bible teaches that God is pure and does not approve of evil, that the word "rah" (evil) in Hebrew can mean many things, and that contextually the verse is speaking of calamity and distress. Therefore, God does not create evil in the moral sense, but in the sense of disaster or calamity.
 
The joy and glory of God is , and the answer lays in His word given in scripture and Jesus as all of you have spoken to.
Thankyou :)
The amazing thing is thought, the answer is given, and is that all is as spoken to, a blink of the eye.
Jesus said, in the world you have tribulation, but take courage, I have overcome the world!
The truth is before us and in us through Jesus, for the Holy Spirit has already revieled it.
The reason we know time, is for us, so we may come to God Our father through Jesus.

Maby I do see it all in too simple a way, but what matters though is that we all find the way.
That is in Jesus Christ is Lord come in the flesh!

God bless
pickles
 
Hi sister pickles, a lady I gratefully respect in the Lord who prays for the souls on CC, may God be praised!

A man once said that the bible is equivalent to an utterance from God in heaven, do you believe so? The scriptures is so useful for equipping the believer for every good work (2 Timothy 3:16-17). What's your thoughts?
 
The joy and glory of God is , and the answer lays in His word given in scripture and Jesus as all of you have spoken to.
Thankyou :)
The amazing thing is thought, the answer is given, and is that all is as spoken to, a blink of the eye.
Jesus said, in the world you have tribulation, but take courage, I have overcome the world!
The truth is before us and in us through Jesus, for the Holy Spirit has already revieled it.
The reason we know time, is for us, so we may come to God Our father through Jesus.

Maby I do see it all in too simple a way, but what matters though is that we all find the way.
That is in Jesus Christ is Lord come in the flesh!

God bless
pickles

Yes, and the tribulation principle is in the world, but the Lord Jesus has overcome the world; the church is in the world but not of it.

(Whereas the great tribulation of Matthew 24 is a unique event on earth, distinct from the tribulation principle. It's always healthy to seek to divide rightly the word of truth, dispensationally.)

Blessings.
 
Maby I do see it all in too simple a way, but what matters though is that we all find the way.
That is in Jesus Christ is Lord come in the flesh!

God bless
pickles

You can NEVER see things too simply!

Matthew 18:1-5
New International Version (NIV)
The Greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven


18 At that time the disciples came to Jesus and asked, “Who, then, is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?”


2 He called a little child to him, and placed the child among them. 3 And he said: “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. 4 Therefore, whoever takes the lowly position of this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. 5 And whoever welcomes one such child in my name welcomes me.

I see that child-like faith in you! I spend so much time arguing doctrine that I can easily get my eyes off Jesus, but your eyes are continually on Him. I don't see you get Into heated debates, but rather you declare the love, majesty, and grace of God!

You are greatly loved of God pickles! May the Lord's mercies and answers ever be before you! May He give you the desire of your heart.
 
Hi sister pickles, a lady I gratefully respect in the Lord who prays for the souls on CC, may God be praised!

A man once said that the bible is equivalent to an utterance from God in heaven, do you believe so? The scriptures is so useful for equipping the believer for every good work (2 Timothy 3:16-17). What's your thoughts?

I absolutely believe the scriptures are Gods letter and love spoken to us.
I cannot claim any level of knowledge though, literal or as a scholor.
As all my life I have struggled with learning disabuilites, yet....
God gave me the streangth and help to read evewry word of the bible, beginning to last, with out skipping. :)
When this was done in me it felt as though I had climbed the highest mountain, over come my greatest weakness.
For even though my own abuilites are weak, it is in our weaknesses that God's power is made perfect, glorified!
I may not understand the many isms , interpitaions , or translations.
But God has never failed to give understanding through the Holy Spirit, in Jesus Christ is Lord come in the flesh.
For I do not rely on my own understanding, but always on Jesus.

Ill leave those details to those gifted in such.:)
I simply bare witness to God's Glory, grace, care and love. :)

God bless
pickles
 
Yes, and the tribulation principle is in the world, but the Lord Jesus has overcome the world; the church is in the world but not of it.

(Whereas the great tribulation of Matthew 24 is a unique event on earth, distinct from the tribulation principle. It's always healthy to seek to divide rightly the word of truth, dispensationally.)

Blessings.
Ill refer to above posting, as such is not my talent. :)
God bless
pickles
 
I absolutely believe the scriptures are Gods letter and love spoken to us.
I cannot claim any level of knowledge though, literal or as a scholor.
As all my life I have struggled with learning disabuilites, yet....
God gave me the streangth and help to read evewry word of the bible, beginning to last, with out skipping. :)
When this was done in me it felt as though I had climbed the highest mountain, over come my greatest weakness.
For even though my own abuilites are weak, it is in our weaknesses that God's power is made perfect, glorified!
I may not understand the many isms , interpitaions , or translations.
But God has never failed to give understanding through the Holy Spirit, in Jesus Christ is Lord come in the flesh.
For I do not rely on my own understanding, but always on Jesus.

Ill leave those details to those gifted in such.:)
I simply bare witness to God's Glory, grace, care and love. :)

God bless
pickles

Ms. pickles: Well, this is how it should be. C H Spurgeon said that knowing what 'salvation is of the Lord' means, consists of more theology than is known by many doctors of divinity.

Blessings.
 
You can NEVER see things too simply!

Matthew 18:1-5
New International Version (NIV)
The Greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven


18 At that time the disciples came to Jesus and asked, “Who, then, is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?”


2 He called a little child to him, and placed the child among them. 3 And he said: “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. 4 Therefore, whoever takes the lowly position of this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. 5 And whoever welcomes one such child in my name welcomes me.

I see that child-like faith in you! I spend so much time arguing doctrine that I can easily get my eyes off Jesus, but your eyes are continually on Him. I don't see you get Into heated debates, but rather you declare the love, majesty, and grace of God!

You are greatly loved of God pickles! May the Lord's mercies and answers ever be before you! May He give you the desire of your heart.

He already has, its my own heart that is still lacking.
The truth is though, all is His grace and work in us, we just have to be willing to receive and live it.
Like Jesus said, I do nothing on my own, all is the will and comes from the Father above.
The scripture that stands before me a lot lately, it the one that speaks to how we will see Him and know Him when we give Him our whole heart.
I still struggle with giving up pieces of mine.
Amazing isn't it, how we can know Him, yet still hold back sometimes.
Thank God for grace!

God bless
pickles
 
He already has, its my own heart that is still lacking.
The truth is though, all is His grace and work in us, we just have to be willing to receive and live it.
Like Jesus said, I do nothing on my own, all is the will and comes from the Father above.
The scripture that stands before me a lot lately, it the one that speaks to how we will see Him and know Him when we give Him our whole heart.
I still struggle with giving up pieces of mine.
Amazing isn't it, how we can know Him, yet still hold back sometimes.
Thank God for grace!

God bless
pickles

Amen!

Though we are saved, Life is all about our continual surrendering of our hearts to His perfect will.
 
Wonderful post!

I have always seen the answer to why God allows evil things to happen in the book of Job. Our trials and tribulations allow us, like Job to say, "I had only heard about you before, but now I have seen you with my own eyes" (Job 42:5).

Romans 8:28 "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."



If you read Romans 8: 25--28 in it's right context, you will see that all things work together for good, as the Holy Spirit intercedes for us.
It's always for our good, Not bad.

So anything that is bad in our lives, isn't from God.
 
Often, I see many ask why God has not destroyed evil, why hasn't He removed it from the world?
I was asking myself the other day,actually, more a question about how to answer this question.
When I looked to the bible in hope of finding the answer, I realized the answer is the bible.
From creation to revelation, we see God's hand in creating us because He loves us, freeing us from sin, evil, to, In Jesus, crushing satan, evil, and removing it completely from us.
God has done and is doing the very thing so many ask for,and is telling us how He will do it, giving us, His children every opportunity to leave sin behind and accept Him as Our Father , in Jesus Lord and savior ,Our God!

The bible is the answer and the action so many ask for!


Amazing isn't it, how often we think the question we ask God is so difficult, and He has already given us the answer before we even formed the thought. :)
We just have to look to Him, so He can remove the flesh from our eyes, that we may see and rejoice.
For it truly is but a blink of the eye compaired to the eternity that awaits us.
God is just giving us that blink of the eyes so we will see and receive Him in Jesus!

God bless
pickles



God has also taken our sickness,
Isaiah 53: 3--5. Matt 8: 16--17.
1 Peter 2: 24.
 
God has also taken our sickness,
Isaiah 53: 3--5. Matt 8: 16--17.
1 Peter 2: 24.

So true, but the most amazing thing that truly brings Him glory?
Is when the illness and sickness no longer matter, only life in Jesus! :)

God bless
pickles