Healing and Comfort for the issue in my Eyes Please!!!

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ManiaStar

Senior Member
Nov 14, 2015
381
29
28
I am beyond frustrated and annoyed.


I have a medical condition in my eyes called ocular rosacea. The problem makes my eyes red (looks like i always have pink eye), they burn and feel extremely dry.


I am on a steroid drop but, am only allowed now once every other day bc the steroid drops can cause cataracts and blindness but there's nothing else they can do for me.


The once every other day drops aren't doing anything for me. Yesterday and today my eyes were sooooo bad. They feel so hot and are burning and feel so dry. It hurts so much.


I don't know what else to do and there's nothing else my doctor can do. I go to an eye specialist and he says i have a very bad case of ocular rosacea and there is no cure.


I can't deal w/ this anymore. But there's nothing I can do about it either.


I am taking allergy medication once a day but that too isn't doing much.


I don't know what else to do.
 
Gonna pray for you, will let you know if the Lord reveals anything. God bless you.
 
Awww
I'm so sorry your eyes hurt
I'm lifting you in prayer now!
In Jesus name
Amen
 
Lord we pray for maniastar please heal his eyes, in Jesus name, Amen!
 
John 12:46 "I have come as Light into the world, so that everyone who believes in Me will not remain in darkness.
Father Almighty! we all pray for our sister/friend( ManiaStar) o God, our friend/sister who is ill, whom we now commend to your compassionate regard. Comfort her eyes, and ease her suffering. We beg for deliverance, and submit that no healing is too hard for the Lord. We therefore pray that You bless our friend/sister with your loving care, renew her strength, and heal her eyes in Your loving name.
Thank You, Lord.
 
I am beyond frustrated and annoyed.


I have a medical condition in my eyes called ocular rosacea. The problem makes my eyes red (looks like i always have pink eye), they burn and feel extremely dry.


I am on a steroid drop but, am only allowed now once every other day bc the steroid drops can cause cataracts and blindness but there's nothing else they can do for me.


The once every other day drops aren't doing anything for me. Yesterday and today my eyes were sooooo bad. They feel so hot and are burning and feel so dry. It hurts so much.


I don't know what else to do and there's nothing else my doctor can do. I go to an eye specialist and he says i have a very bad case of ocular rosacea and there is no cure.


I can't deal w/ this anymore. But there's nothing I can do about it either.


I am taking allergy medication once a day but that too isn't doing much.


I don't know what else to do.

Holy Father, please heal this sister's eyes. Take away any pain and redness from her and let her feel Your sweet presence. In Jesus precious name I pray.
 
does it eventually go away on it's own, does climate have anything to do with it? i pray comfort and cure. i know the smallest problem with eyes are so irritating.
 
Lord, please heal MS's eye disease. Remove all traces and symptoms of her ocular rosacea from her and grant her some relief. In Jesus' name, amen.
 
I am beyond frustrated and annoyed.


I have a medical condition in my eyes called ocular rosacea. The problem makes my eyes red (looks like i always have pink eye), they burn and feel extremely dry.


I am on a steroid drop but, am only allowed now once every other day bc the steroid drops can cause cataracts and blindness but there's nothing else they can do for me.


The once every other day drops aren't doing anything for me. Yesterday and today my eyes were sooooo bad. They feel so hot and are burning and feel so dry. It hurts so much.


I don't know what else to do and there's nothing else my doctor can do. I go to an eye specialist and he says i have a very bad case of ocular rosacea and there is no cure.


I can't deal w/ this anymore. But there's nothing I can do about it either.


I am taking allergy medication once a day but that too isn't doing much.


I don't know what else to do.
Before I make my suggestion, realize I know it's not going to make it better for long. I get that, but a little relief in the very long does relax you a little.

Fill a sink/bucket/container with cold water deep enough that you can put your eyes in it without bumping your nose. Put your face in it and open your eyes. It's the heat and dryness getting to you and the water is both wet and cold. It won't last long, but at least you pick moments of relief.

As for allergy medication? Are your eyes like that from an allergic reaction? If so, keep looking for a type that will help. If not, stop taking it since many allergy medications are there to dry out your sinuses, which hints they might dry out your eyes too.

And, finally, you probably know of this one, but just in case you don't -- have you ever heard of Restasis?
 
Hi,

I'll try what you said for the water. I had been on Restasis for over a year and it did absolutely nothing for me. I started seeing an eye specialist and he initially tried punctal plugs in my eyes which actually made the dryness worse. The specialist recommended me to someone else in the same building who specializes in eye conditions and diseases. I went to see him last spring and the first time he looked at me, he said, you do not have dry eyes. You have ocular rosacea and he also told me that I was allergic to a few things and he had me go see an allergist. The allergist ran several tests on me. I don't have any allergies to food or anything but, what I am allergic to is dogs/cats, dust mites and cockroaches. So, my eye specialist recommended that I get rid of my dog, but, I had her since she was a puppy and she's part of my family and she'll be turning 9 next month. So, he had me add an air purifier to my bedroom and told me to get all these hypo-allergenic produts (makeup, soap, bodywash, etc.) So, I did but adding all those hypo-allergenic items to my list, didn't do anything. I even added a dust mite mattress cover/hypoallergenic pillow case as well and a hypoallergenic pillow. I did so much to try to improve and help my eyes but, even w/ all of that, nothing is helping.

Today was my day to skip the steroid drop as I'm only supposed to use them once every other day and about a few hours ago, my eyes started to burn very badly and just feel very dry. My left eye, gets especially red and the other day, it did look like I had pink eye but, its not pink eye, it's just ocular rosacea which makes my eyes red/burn/and feel extremely dry and irritated.

I used to go to a healing room at a church and have them pray over me but, and i went either once a week or every other week when I had the chance but, nothing is working and i have no idea what else to do or try.



Before I make my suggestion, realize I know it's not going to make it better for long. I get that, but a little relief in the very long does relax you a little.

Fill a sink/bucket/container with cold water deep enough that you can put your eyes in it without bumping your nose. Put your face in it and open your eyes. It's the heat and dryness getting to you and the water is both wet and cold. It won't last long, but at least you pick moments of relief.

As for allergy medication? Are your eyes like that from an allergic reaction? If so, keep looking for a type that will help. If not, stop taking it since many allergy medications are there to dry out your sinuses, which hints they might dry out your eyes too.

And, finally, you probably know of this one, but just in case you don't -- have you ever heard of Restasis?
 
My eyes are at their worst in the winter and spring. They are Usually manageable in the summer and fall although, the issue has been getting increasingly worse over the past year and there's little to nothing that'll help me get any relief to the dryness/redness/pain and irritation in my eyes.

It makes it more difficult for me bc I'm highly active and do all the adventurous sports and although I wear prescription sunglasses for several of my activities, it still makes it difficult bc of the pain my eyes cause me. I wish I could use those drops every day or twice a day like I was able to in the beginning but, the drops can cause cataracts/glaucoma and possibly blindness and I don't want that. But w/o this drop, my eyes are much worse but there's nothing else they can give me as nothing else works.


does it eventually go away on it's own, does climate have anything to do with it? i pray comfort and cure. i know the smallest problem with eyes are so irritating.
 
i have a son your age, he is also very active. i'll pray again.
 
Hi,

I'll try what you said for the water. I had been on Restasis for over a year and it did absolutely nothing for me. I started seeing an eye specialist and he initially tried punctal plugs in my eyes which actually made the dryness worse. The specialist recommended me to someone else in the same building who specializes in eye conditions and diseases. I went to see him last spring and the first time he looked at me, he said, you do not have dry eyes. You have ocular rosacea and he also told me that I was allergic to a few things and he had me go see an allergist. The allergist ran several tests on me. I don't have any allergies to food or anything but, what I am allergic to is dogs/cats, dust mites and cockroaches. So, my eye specialist recommended that I get rid of my dog, but, I had her since she was a puppy and she's part of my family and she'll be turning 9 next month. So, he had me add an air purifier to my bedroom and told me to get all these hypo-allergenic produts (makeup, soap, bodywash, etc.) So, I did but adding all those hypo-allergenic items to my list, didn't do anything. I even added a dust mite mattress cover/hypoallergenic pillow case as well and a hypoallergenic pillow. I did so much to try to improve and help my eyes but, even w/ all of that, nothing is helping.

Today was my day to skip the steroid drop as I'm only supposed to use them once every other day and about a few hours ago, my eyes started to burn very badly and just feel very dry. My left eye, gets especially red and the other day, it did look like I had pink eye but, its not pink eye, it's just ocular rosacea which makes my eyes red/burn/and feel extremely dry and irritated.

I used to go to a healing room at a church and have them pray over me but, and i went either once a week or every other week when I had the chance but, nothing is working and i have no idea what else to do or try.
Remember me telling you I have GERDs/IBS/stomach issues? Oddly enough, to try and fix it, I went to a food allergist, and he said I was allergic to... well, every time he did bloodwork on me, I was allergic to everything I ate in the last three days. (Ends up, food wise, I'm just allergic to clams and soy. The rest is I'm sensitive to anything eaten too often.) So, he wanted me to get the air purifier, the dust mite mattress (I am allergic to dust mites too), and hermetically seal my bedroom before living in it nonstop for three weeks.

Which, since my stomach issues cause me to not have that much strength, I gave up trying to do.

Only to find out 15 years later that the people removing me from the operating table pinched a nerve in my back that affects my upper intestinal tract and the muscles on the outside of my waist.

We have a lot in common. I am glad I didn't spend all that money to sterilize a room when it wasn't going to help me anyway. (I do have the dust mite covering and air purifier now though.)

I'm also bummed for you that Restasis didn't work. (I remember the disappointment when Nexium didn't work for me, and it was the first thing on the market for IBS.)

I have been praying for you. Again, I don't often run into people like me, so I do remember you. I pray God gives you strength. I'm not as firm on thinking God does miraculous often as many on this board believe, but hope I'm wrong and he does.
 
I am praying for you.
I must ask this question, what does your condition mean for the blood flow to your eyes? is restricted or is it too much?
 
I've heard that eliminating sugar from your diet can reduce allergies. One woman I know gave up all sugar and had absolutely no seasonal allergies that year.
 
I've heard that eliminating sugar from your diet can reduce allergies. One woman I know gave up all sugar and had absolutely no seasonal allergies that year.
Yes, allergies and more. Thanks for sharing this. And hoping star's eye problems find remedies soon... Star, btw, it came to mind this product from the great lakes and also the mediterraenn sea, the trace mineral drops. They have a diluted version used as eye drops, for the pure is too strong. If i remember right, the pure drops have abt 60% DV Mg, some potassium, boron, molybdenum.. actually their literature says 70-80 trace minerals, but the label of course only indicates a few. I understand it is just pure, natural minerals for the eye (and body) too and know no side effects. Do ask ur doctor, but i hope they dont think this as new age thing for it is not. It is more old age-- if the salt lake ppl and israelites and others near the red sea who use it will tell u... we have used it too, altho sometimes i neglect--esp not wanting to run out of it before we could get a new batch! Get well soon.
 
Heavenly Father,
please stop your child from hurting, I would love it lord if you took away her pain and made everything ok, only you can bring healing. You Jehovah Rapha, the God who heals. Please bring relief from pain today. AMEN

I am the LORD who heals you . EXODUS 15:26


I am beyond frustrated and annoyed.


I have a medical condition in my eyes called ocular rosacea. The problem makes my eyes red (looks like i always have pink eye), they burn and feel extremely dry.


I am on a steroid drop but, am only allowed now once every other day bc the steroid drops can cause cataracts and blindness but there's nothing else they can do for me.


The once every other day drops aren't doing anything for me. Yesterday and today my eyes were sooooo bad. They feel so hot and are burning and feel so dry. It hurts so much.


I don't know what else to do and there's nothing else my doctor can do. I go to an eye specialist and he says i have a very bad case of ocular rosacea and there is no cure.


I can't deal w/ this anymore. But there's nothing I can do about it either.


I am taking allergy medication once a day but that too isn't doing much.


I don't know what else to do.
 
Yes, allergies and more. Thanks for sharing this. And hoping star's eye problems find remedies soon... Star, btw, it came to mind this product from the great lakes and also the mediterraenn sea, the trace mineral drops. They have a diluted version used as eye drops, for the pure is too strong. If i remember right, the pure drops have abt 60% DV Mg, some potassium, boron, molybdenum..

correction. its 54%