Healing from Sex Abuse - final blog in series

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

KBond

Senior Member
Jun 5, 2013
662
21
18

​

There are many types of sexual abuse and all are devastating. One of the most difficult types of sexual abuse occurs when the victim is a child. Oftentimes, the abuser takes advantage of a child's trust, their desire to please, and their innocence. If you are the victim of sexual abuse, you know the pain is much deeper than a physical pain. Somehow the wounds made by sexual abuse scar the victims in ways that overflow into every aspect of their lives. Do not underestimate the damage done by sexual abuse.


Victims may suffer from any of the following: sleeplessness, nightmares, depression, a desire to cut or harm yourself, desires to numb yourself with alcohol and drugs, paralyzing fear, inability to trust or maintain good relationships, guilt, regret, shame, unhealthy sex relationships, avoiding life, overly concerned with control, eating disorders, suicidal thoughts, anxiety, stress, headaches...

For I will restore health to you, and your wounds I will heal, declares the Lord... --Jer. 30:17

If you are the victim of sexual abuse, God wants to help you restore your life. He wants to empower you to overcome the pain of your past and begin anew. The key to moving on is forgiveness. As hard as it may seem, you must forgive your abuser. I strongly recommend Christian counseling to sort through the emotions that are causing problems in your life. If you know someone who has been sexually abused, offer them lots of patience, understanding, and a listening ear. Urge them to get help from a professional so they can embrace all of the wonderful God has planned for their future.

Lord, I pray for you would open the door for the victims of sex abuse to get real help. I pray you would completely and totally heal them of all the emotional pain they experience. I pray for deliverance from all of the ways in which they have learned to cope. Thank You, Lord, for your healing power and ability to restore. Thank You that You have placed so many caring people in the paths of Your people. In Christ's Name, Amen.

You are not alone. Click here to watch a powerful YouTube video on from Gospel Rapper Json. He and his wife speak out about the affects of sexual abuse.
 
Thanks for comment. I really feel I have communicated what the Lord anointed me to write when I hear supportive comments like that. Blessings!

MadParrotWoman;bt13242 said:
Great blog!