Healing through the Son

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

FlSnookman7

Jun 27, 2015
Is it me, or is it every time joaniemarie writes something, you can bank on it being false?

That statement is ugly, unChristian, a lie and a personal attack. How proud you must be! Fifty four years old and that is all you can come up with? I don't know, your style seems somehow familiar...hmmm...

joaniemarie

Jan 4, 2017
Part of growing up and maturing is being able to deal with those who disagree with us. Not all Christians will believe the same as we do on all of what some call the "non essentials" of the Christian faith . What does that do to us? Does it make us lose our faith? If it does than we didn't have much faith to begin with. What it should so is cause us to grow up more and more to be like Jesus on the path of faith He has put each one of us on individually. Not cry about being disagreed with.

It should not threaten a believer if other Christians believe differently than they do. We each are called to have faith in Jesus and what the Bible says regardless of what others may say. Regardless of the anger and misunderstanding that people have because of it. It always comes down to being who God called us to be. If we are not up for that kind of discussion than avoid the thread they start.

I'd say this is a good place to learn how to co exist with other brothers and sisters in the family of Jesus. It's up to each one of us to follow what the Bible says on these matters of faith.

Gal.5:13-26
[SUP]13 [/SUP]For you, brethren, were [indeed] called to freedom; only [do not let your] freedom be an incentive to your flesh and an opportunity or excuse [for [SUP][d][/SUP]selfishness], but through love you should serve one another.
[SUP]
14 [/SUP]For the whole Law [concerning human relationships] is [SUP][e][/SUP]complied with in the one precept, You shall love your neighbor as [you do] yourself.
[SUP]
15 [/SUP]But if you bite and devour one another [in partisan strife], be careful that you [and your whole fellowship] are not consumed by one another.
[SUP]
16 [/SUP]But I say, walk and live [habitually] in the [Holy] Spirit [responsive to and controlled and guided by the Spirit]; then you will certainly not gratify the cravings and desires of the flesh (of human nature without God).
[SUP]
17 [/SUP]For the desires of the flesh are opposed to the [Holy] Spirit, and the [desires of the] Spirit are opposed to the flesh (godless human nature); for these are antagonistic to each other [continually withstanding and in conflict with each other], so that you are not free but are prevented from doing what you desire to do.
[SUP]
18 [/SUP]But if you are guided (led) by the [Holy] Spirit, you are not subject to the Law.
[SUP]
19 [/SUP]Now the doings (practices) of the flesh are clear (obvious): they are immorality, impurity, indecency,
[SUP]
20 [/SUP]Idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, anger (ill temper), selfishness, divisions (dissensions), party spirit (factions, sects with peculiar opinions, heresies),
[SUP]
21 [/SUP]Envy, drunkenness, carousing, and the like. I warn you beforehand, just as I did previously, that those who do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
[SUP]
22 [/SUP]But the fruit of the [Holy] Spirit [the work which His presence within accomplishes] is love, joy (gladness), peace, patience (an even temper, forbearance), kindness, goodness (benevolence), faithfulness,
[SUP]
23 [/SUP]Gentleness (meekness, humility), self-control (self-restraint, continence). Against such things there is no law [[SUP][f][/SUP]that can bring a charge].
[SUP]
24 [/SUP]And those who belong to Christ Jesus (the Messiah) have crucified the flesh (the godless human nature) with its passions and appetites and desires.
[SUP]
25 [/SUP]If we live by the [Holy] Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit. [If by the Holy Spirit [SUP][g][/SUP]we have our life in God, let us go forward [SUP][h][/SUP]walking in line, our conduct controlled by the Spirit.]
[SUP]
26 [/SUP]Let us not become vainglorious and self-conceited, competitive and challenging and provoking andirritating to one another, envying and being jealous of one another.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
Joanie, you have astoundingly bad taste, and nasty hypocrisy, this being the one that takes the cake.

I have been there and back how God does not guarantee healing in the atonement. Try reading ALL of Isaiah, if you want to tie it into Isa. 53. We are healed of our sin sickness. Not physically, although sometimes God chooses to heal people of physical ailments. By a miracle! Not because someone named and claimed Isa. 53d out of context.

Blain, talks about how much this poisonous doctrine damages and hurts Christians. I know he is one, (although he is keeping quiet about his experiences), who is terribly hurt by this destructive doctrine. I appreciate his efforts to put you in your place. Because, that is all you deserve. I’m tired of you saying anyone who isn’t healed is a second class Christian, or not walking in the Spirit (how is that even possible?) or we have been taught wrong, or any of the other 1001 stupid excuses you give when you are judging and condemning people with your disgusting OPs.

I know when I got Rheumatoid Arthritis, and was prayed for by Word Faith people and wasn’t healed, they started judging me and condemning me, even thought it was their prayers that weren’t answered. I was in horrific physical pain, and they added spiritual and emotional pain to that burden. And then got sick themselves, one died of breast cancer, when she refused treatment because she was “healed in the name of Kenneth Copeland and other Word Faith liars.” The other friend was dragged to the ER, got surgery and lived.

What a destructive, violent and unbiblical doctrine you have been sucked into by these wolves in sheep’s clothing. What an incredibly selfish person you are that you continue to repost this damaging and unbiblical garbage. You are more interested in proving your false doctrine right, than you are about people who are ill and hurting, and stand condemned by this heinous doctrine of demons.

What part of “we don’t care about your Word Faith liars” don’t you get? What part of reading the Bible in context, on your own, don’t you get? What part of “we are sick to death of your lies, your false teachers and false doctrines,” don’t you get? What part of “No, we don’t believe this garbage, and never will, no matter if you fill every forum with these videos from deluded men who are far from God, don’t you get?

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
Jesus healed people because he had compassion. That word is ἐσπλαγχνίσθη or splagchniomai in the 1st person singular, Present deponent. And it literally means “twisted in the bowels.” It is racham in the OT and it means to have compassion on people.

As he got out he saw the large crowd, and he had compassion on them and healed their sick.” Matt 14:14

“Compassion -
mid-14c., from Old French compassion "sympathy, pity" (12c.), from Late Latincompassionem (nominative compassio) "sympathy," noun of state from past participle stem of compati "to feel pity," from com- "together" (see com-) + pati "to suffer" (see passion).

Compassion | Define Compassion at Dictionary.com
The word in Latin, literally means “to suffer with,” our “to suffer together.” Jesus suffered with the people who were sick and he healed them. Do you suffer with anyone in this forum? In your real life? Or do you just mouth platitudes, leaving devastation in your wake?

If you keep up this nonsense, I will get out all my papers on the exegetics of the Word Faith lie, and post them one by one. Is that what you want? Do you have a personality disorder, and you love to be the centre of attention? Sometimes I wonder!

All I know is you have been admonished over and over about these deceivers, and you continue to try and hurt people with your nonsense. NO ONE believes any of these posts/videos/lies you post. Well, except a few other poor deluded souls. And at least they don’t think it is their mission in life to keep hurting people with these appalling posts that lack any understanding of hermeneutics how to interpret the Bible, let alone basic human kindness, let alone Christian compassion.

Think compassion, and what it means “to suffer with” someone, instead of thinking you are some kind of great teacher with a brand new revelation, which no one has ever seen before. Think sitting by the bedside of someone who is dying, as I often did as a chaplain, and holding their hand, and showing them God’s love. Think, sharing with someone who recovered from cancer, only to be totally disabled by a stroke, and encouraging that man to continuing sharing Jesus with the other residents on your floor, who don’t know Jesus. Think about a young woman suffering from progressive MS, and her family not visiting her, so you spend extra time with her, because all she really wants is to know someone still cares.

I experienced all those things as a chaplain, and so much more. And God healed my heart of the damage this disgusting and judgmental doctrine did to me, helping others, and being helped by these people who were suffering and loved Jesus.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
PS. Stop with the Bible passages with square brackets. I know you don’t know what that means, do you? It means it was not there in the original manuscripts. It is quite an easy way to make the Bible say something it really doesn’t, although sometimes the Greek does need an extra word for it to make sense.

But not 20-30 extra words in one passage.

Your lack of facility with the Bible is disturbing, it really is!

mcubed

Dec 20, 2013
I watched the video. He missed it... downright lied fire and brimstone is from the OT..... Y-shua said hell is the weeping and gnashing of teeth. He said, “Sometimes G-d does not let His judgement fall, show me that thru the Son.” What about Ananias and Sapphira? G-d killed them both for lying. I’m just saying this man does not know even his NT Scripture!!!!

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Joanie, you have astoundingly bad taste, and nasty hypocrisy, this being the one that takes the cake.

I have been there and back how God does not guarantee healing in the atonement. Try reading ALL of Isaiah, if you want to tie it into Isa. 53. We are healed of our sin sickness. Not physically, although sometimes God chooses to heal people of physical ailments. By a miracle! Not because someone named and claimed Isa. 53d out of context.

Blain, talks about how much this poisonous doctrine damages and hurts Christians. I know he is one, (although he is keeping quiet about his experiences), who is terribly hurt by this destructive doctrine. I appreciate his efforts to put you in your place. Because, that is all you deserve. I’m tired of you saying anyone who isn’t healed is a second class Christian, or not walking in the Spirit (how is that even possible?) or we have been taught wrong, or any of the other 1001 stupid excuses you give when you are judging and condemning people with your disgusting OPs.

I know when I got Rheumatoid Arthritis, and was prayed for by Word Faith people and wasn’t healed, they started judging me and condemning me, even thought it was their prayers that weren’t answered. I was in horrific physical pain, and they added spiritual and emotional pain to that burden. And then got sick themselves, one died of breast cancer, when she refused treatment because she was “healed in the name of Kenneth Copeland and other Word Faith liars.” The other friend was dragged to the ER, got surgery and lived.

What a destructive, violent and unbiblical doctrine you have been sucked into by these wolves in sheep’s clothing. What an incredibly selfish person you are that you continue to repost this damaging and unbiblical garbage. You are more interested in proving your false doctrine right, than you are about people who are ill and hurting, and stand condemned by this heinous doctrine of demons.

What part of “we don’t care about your Word Faith liars” don’t you get? What part of reading the Bible in context, on your own, don’t you get? What part of “we are sick to death of your lies, your false teachers and false doctrines,” don’t you get? What part of “No, we don’t believe this garbage, and never will, no matter if you fill every forum with these videos from deluded men who are far from God, don’t you get?
Oh wow I had no idea you went through all of that that is horrible:( And ya I have had experiences with such people especially at the beginning of my faith what I am worried about though is the damage it will do to others. Don't get me wrong I think having the kind of faith to ask for something and believe you will receive it and also receiving it like how Joanie says she does is great and fantastic I admire that kind of iron faith but the danger this man speaks of is what makes me upset I can't help but get protective about the kind of damage such teachings can do to others. It's one thing to have that kind of faith and receive it but another entirely to say that it will happen 100% and to not say directly but to imply that it was the believers fault that they didn't receive it.

there have been some who have come here and came to me for encouragement and spoke about loved ones or even themselves that needed healing really badly but no matter how much they ask or believe it never happened and some have told me how they were told that they just didn't have enough faith or that it was their sins or something about them in general because it should have happened and were even shown all the verse of scripture that (prove) we will always receive healing. These poor people were so damaged because of it and I was infuriated inside because of what these false teachers did to them

D

Depleted

Physical healing IS the context of Isaiah 53:4,5 according to Matthew 8:16,17. What Dan Mohler is talking about is God's will and nature revealed through His Son. Whether we receive healing or not, God is always about abundant life, healing, wholeness, deliverance, safety ... etc. He has provided healing for us through the atonement, and it's up to us to receive it by faith. Just saying "God doesn't always heal" misses the entire point. It's like saying "God doesn't save everybody".
This is the "abundant life, healing, wholeness, deliverance, safety" God is "always about."
1. Matthew
Suffered martyrdom in Ethiopia, Killed by a sword wound.
2. Mark
Died in Alexandria, Egypt , after being dragged by Horses through the streets until he was dead.
3. Luke
Was hanged in Greece as a result of his tremendous Preaching to the lost.
4. John
Faced martyrdom when he was boiled in huge Basin of boiling oil during a wave of persecution In Rome. However, he was miraculously delivered From death.
John was then sentenced to the mines on the prison Island of Patmos. He wrote his prophetic Book of Revelation on Patmos . The apostle John was later freed and returned to serve As Bishop of Edessa in modern Turkey . He died as an old man, the only apostle to die peacefully
5. Peter
Was crucified upside down on an x-shaped cross.
According to church tradition it was because he told his tormentors that he felt unworthy to die In the same way that Jesus Christ had died.
6. James
The leader of the church in Jerusalem , was thrown over a hundred feet down from the southeast pinnacle of the Temple when he refused to deny his faith in Christ. When they discovered that he survived the fall, his enemies beat James to death with a fuller's club. The same pinnacle where Satan had taken Jesus during the Temptation.
7. James the Son of Zebedee,
Was beheaded at Jerusalem. The Roman officer who guarded James watched amazed as James defended his faith at his trial. Later, the officer Walked beside James to the place of execution. Overcome by conviction, he declared his new faith to the judge and Knelt beside James to accept beheading as a Christian.
8. Bartholomew
Martyred for his preaching in Armenia where he was flayed to death by a whip.
9. Andrew
Crucified on an x-shaped cross in Patras, Greece. After being whipped severely by seven soldiers they tied his body to the cross with cords to prolong his agony. His followers reported that, when he was led toward the cross, Andrew saluted it in these words: 'I have long desired and expected this happy hour. The cross has been consecrated by the body of Christ hanging on it.' He continued to preach to his tormentors. For two days until he expired.
10. Thomas
Was stabbed with a spear in India during one of his missionary trips to establish the church in the Sub-continent.
11. Jude
Was killed with arrows when he refused to deny his faith in Christ.
12. Matthias
The apostle chosen to replace the Judas was stoned and then beheaded.
13. Paul
Was tortured and then beheaded by the evil Emperor Nero at Rome in A.D. 67 after a lengthy imprisonment.

I'll take the real Lord instead of the man-invented god.

D

Depleted

Christians who are walking in the flesh can't help but try to insult and demean other Christians about whether God is a good Father that wants to heal His children. Jesus said that healing is the children's bread." I believe that because the Bible says it. Not because I've always experienced it in my 59yrs on earth.

Healing is a "non-essential" doctrine and yet some would rip apart others in the body of Christ and slander them non-stop that have a different view than what they or their group does on it.

How would tares behave towards others in the body of Christ? Or they could be wheat too but are just baby Christians just like 1 Peter 2:1-2 says. Our behavior determines our true spiritual age - not how many times we read the bible, not how long we have been a Christian, not if we pray in tongues for 10 hours a day, not if we pastor a church for 50 years, not if we can read the Bible in Greek, Hebrew, Aramaic, Chinese, Russian or any other language or all of them at once.

These are all good things but not indicative of spiritual age in Christ. Behavior towards others is the standard that Peter and Paul talked about for determining spiritual age in Christ.

If you don't agree with people you come in contact with in the Christian community.. is throwing up your insults and anger on them the best way to go? No., I don't believe we Christians even have that option. Yet in the flesh., some Christians can and will take that option until they learn better.
Real Christians rebuke your false narrative/create a god of my own preference manure posing as "gospel."

D

Depleted

Yes there are many kinds of healing, I just can't stand it when people speak of him always healing and then acting as if it's somehow the persons fault it didn't occur. I was looking at Jesus and I didn't hear any whispers of lies that God wouldn't heal in fact at that moment the only thing I knew was that I believed regardless of how impossible it may have seemed at that time. I don't know if it's the wof or the prosperity gospel but this man struck a nerve in me because God does not always heal and sometimes even though it doesn't seem that way at first glance it's for the better but then he goes and acts as if it's the believers fault that healing didn't occur and that is what really struck the nerve right there.

It's not even my own experience alone that makes me so upset about this guy it's also every other person who ave ever given their all in their prayers for healing and didn't receive it, if you want to make a person feel like their faith is too weak or that they somehow made it where healing couldn't happen this is perhaps the best way to do it. I know all to well how it feels to not feel as if you measure up but I will not stand by and let others feel like that because of this God always heals thing
Look at who gets all the power and glory with this guy. He does! God is an instrument of his. He is not an instrument of God. Pretty much the hallmark of Joan's hypergrace pamphletering on CC.

D

Depleted

And what of those who don't agree with you Blain? or depleted or the many on cc about this matter of healing. Is it our right to not stand for yours and their beliefs and opinions too? Is it a "right" that "I" usurp my beliefs over you because I see the Scriptures to say something very different? Because I've experienced major shocks and sadness and griefs? Or major healing and other breakthroughs in my life that I know to be true? No, of course not. Forcing people is not what we are called to.

These matters are very personal and yes., they are touchy ones but it also calls us to learn more about how to be like Jesus in what we DO believe in TODAY. I'm called to stand by and let others feel what they will because that is where they are now. It is not up to me to force anyone to believe MY way. I can share what I know but I cannot force what I know. No more than you or anyone here.
You've proved it time and time again. You disagree because you've created yourself another gospel. What about you? God have mercy on you, but I'm sure not letting others get pulled away with you, Wolfie!

D

Depleted

If people are arrogant for disagreeing with you and others here than you need to get used to it. Even if the others here still have not learned to get used to different Christians living on this planet with them it's still a fact of life. That is part of growing up. Not all Christians will believe the same as you or me. What does that do to us? It should cause us to grow up more and more to be like Jesus on the path of faith He has put each one of us on individually.

I won't accuse you or others here of being arrogant nor am I threatened nor does it hurt me that you believe differently. I'm called to have faith in Jesus and what the Bible says regardless of what others may say. Regardless of the anger and misunderstanding that people have because of it. I know it will come just by me being who God called me to be. I'm up for it because Jesus called me to it. Just as He calls each one of us to it.

I'd say this is a good place to learn how to co exist with other brothers and sisters in the family of Jesus Blain. Some of the other brothers and sisters here have not done that yet and they are much older than you. It's up to you how you will deal with fellow Christians. I hope you will follow what the Bible says on these matters of faith.

[SUP]13 [/SUP]For you, brethren, were [indeed] called to freedom; only [do not let your] freedom be an incentive to your flesh and an opportunity or excuse [for [SUP][d][/SUP]selfishness], but through love you should serve one another.
[SUP]
14 [/SUP]For the whole Law [concerning human relationships] is [SUP][e][/SUP]complied with in the one precept, You shall love your neighbor as [you do] yourself.
[SUP]
15 [/SUP]But if you bite and devour one another [in partisan strife], be careful that you [and your whole fellowship] are not consumed by one another.
[SUP]
16 [/SUP]But I say, walk and live [habitually] in the [Holy] Spirit [responsive to and controlled and guided by the Spirit]; then you will certainly not gratify the cravings and desires of the flesh (of human nature without God).
[SUP]
17 [/SUP]For the desires of the flesh are opposed to the [Holy] Spirit, and the [desires of the] Spirit are opposed to the flesh (godless human nature); for these are antagonistic to each other [continually withstanding and in conflict with each other], so that you are not free but are prevented from doing what you desire to do.
[SUP]
18 [/SUP]But if you are guided (led) by the [Holy] Spirit, you are not subject to the Law.
[SUP]
19 [/SUP]Now the doings (practices) of the flesh are clear (obvious): they are immorality, impurity, indecency,
[SUP]
20 [/SUP]Idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, anger (ill temper), selfishness, divisions (dissensions), party spirit (factions, sects with peculiar opinions, heresies),
[SUP]
21 [/SUP]Envy, drunkenness, carousing, and the like. I warn you beforehand, just as I did previously, that those who do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
[SUP]
22 [/SUP]But the fruit of the [Holy] Spirit [the work which His presence within accomplishes] is love, joy (gladness), peace, patience (an even temper, forbearance), kindness, goodness (benevolence), faithfulness,
[SUP]
23 [/SUP]Gentleness (meekness, humility), self-control (self-restraint, continence). Against such things there is no law [[SUP][f][/SUP]that can bring a charge].
[SUP]
24 [/SUP]And those who belong to Christ Jesus (the Messiah) have crucified the flesh (the godless human nature) with its passions and appetites and desires.
[SUP]
25 [/SUP]If we live by the [Holy] Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit. [If by the Holy Spirit [SUP][g][/SUP]we have our life in God, let us go forward [SUP][h][/SUP]walking in line, our conduct controlled by the Spirit.]
[SUP]
26 [/SUP]Let us not become vainglorious and self-conceited, competitive and challenging and provoking and irritating to one another, envying and being jealous of one another.
There aren't two kinds of Christians living on this planet. There is one kind of Christian -- real Christians.

You pretend you're one, but you aren't. You're the wolf!

D

Depleted

No I have not called anyone a 2nd class Christian. It's your choice to believe or not to believe just as it is mine. (on any Bible subject)

But to call me or other people out as saying something they never said and then expecting them to defend the accusation is ridiculous. It's done all the time here. I'm saying as are those who teach about this and other topics ... it's about learning to walk in the new creation Christ made us and walking in the Spirit. For us to consider these matters of healing and listen to Christians who also believe in healing and see healing and receive healing all the time.

Just as many share the reasons they and others don't believe I'm sharing the reasons why I and others do believe. Again to clarify; I have not nor have I ever called anyone a 2nd class Christian or "less than" because they don't agree with me. If you listened to the video and have an opinion I'd be glad to enter into a discussion with you or anyone about this.

But don't mis quote me for what I say and believe because I don't not agree with you. Posting here the things I'm personally learning about is why I come to cc. I don't come here to argue. Discussion is always welcome. But defending myself against false accusations is not something I'm interested in at all and I'll avoid those who do it every time. I'll also re post too just to clarify. Even that makes some annoyed. :)
You come here to try and talk others into your new gospel. You come here, not with a gospel, but lots and lots of false teachers with a different gospel. And you wonder why this happens every time. There is a way around it -- stop pamphleteering WoF!

But you won't, of course, because you are a wolf trying to talk others out of the flock.

D

Depleted

That statement is ugly, unChristian, a lie and a personal attack. How proud you must be! Fifty four years old and that is all you can come up with? I don't know, your style seems somehow familiar...hmmm...
No, it is the truth. What is ugly, unchristian, a lie, and a very impersonal attack are Joan's posts.

And how proud you must be to start yet enough snipe hunt, hoping you spotted another troll.

D

Depleted

Part of growing up and maturing is being able to deal with those who disagree with us. Not all Christians will believe the same as we do on all of what some call the "non essentials" of the Christian faith . What does that do to us? Does it make us lose our faith? If it does than we didn't have much faith to begin with. What it should so is cause us to grow up more and more to be like Jesus on the path of faith He has put each one of us on individually. Not cry about being disagreed with.

It should not threaten a believer if other Christians believe differently than they do. We each are called to have faith in Jesus and what the Bible says regardless of what others may say. Regardless of the anger and misunderstanding that people have because of it. It always comes down to being who God called us to be. If we are not up for that kind of discussion than avoid the thread they start.

I'd say this is a good place to learn how to co exist with other brothers and sisters in the family of Jesus. It's up to each one of us to follow what the Bible says on these matters of faith.

[SUP]
[SUP]
[SUP]
[SUP]
[SUP]
[SUP]
[SUP]
[SUP]
[SUP]
[SUP]
[SUP]
[SUP]
[SUP]
26 [/SUP]Let us not become vainglorious and self-conceited, competitive and challenging and provoking andirritating to one another, envying and being jealous of one another.
Passive aggressiveness (playing the victim while being the perpetrator) is not mature. it is a game. And you are a grownup, so that's no excuse.

You are all about vainglory, conceit, competitive, provoking, and irritating. And I'm certainly not responding out of envy or jealous. I don't want what you have. It's like wanting the plague, so that's not it. I'm just going to keep bleating to warn other sheep "Wolf is among us."

joaniemarie

Jan 4, 2017
It's very difficult for many Christians to actually believe there are a lot of other Christians on the planet who believe differently than they do. Yes Angela ., many who don't see the Bible the same as you and the others who follow me around here on cc to not discuss an issue but to fight with me personally. But I'm not going to fight with you guys. I'm going to do what I enjoy doing when I come to cc and that is share what I'm learning each day. To discuss it with others of like mindedness so we can learn together.

For instance., there are 2 different kinds of believers. And we are all capable of being both kinds. The kind that walk after the flesh or the kind that walk after the Spirit. None of us are free of this daily struggle until we die and go to heaven.

Sharing different Christian's books and writings here is also a blessing to me because I never read anything different than what our church gave the high five on. So our family never heard about things outside of our church. We were taught to fear any one and any thing we were not first taught. I see this being done by Christians a lot today. Keeping other's in line by intimidation and threats. This is not the way Jesus taught us to follow after Him. And this is not the way the Holy Spirit teaches us to follow after Jesus.

Here is a Christian writer I appreciate very much., Paul Ellis on this subject;

For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these things are opposed one to the other, that ye should not do those things which ye desire. ~ Galatians 5:17 (Darby)

Paul describes the Christian life as a tug of war between the flesh and the spirit. The flesh is that part of us that lives purely by natural experience – what we see, hear and smell, etc. – while our spirit is that part of us that is united with Christ and lives by the word of God.

Did you know it’s possible to be in the Spirit (i.e., saved) yet walk after the flesh? Indeed, this is exactly how many Christians live. They are trusting in God for the forgiveness of their sins, but in most every other respect they live no differently from their unsaved neighbors. When they get sick they queue up in the waiting room and when they get in debt they look for extra work. (I’m not against doctors and hard work!) They may be moral and decent people, but their lives are untouched by the supernatural power of God.

I suspect most Christians walk after the flesh simply because they don’t know any better. They don’t know that Christ’s atonement provided not only for their complete forgiveness, but also for their healing (1 Pe 2:24), deliverance (Mk 16:17), and provision (Ph 4:19, 2 Cor 8:9)). They are not receiving the full benefits of the cross because they don’t know the full benefits of the cross or, if they do, they think they must work to get them. They live like this because their minds have not been renewed. If this sounds like you, here are two good books that will help sort out your thinking and set you free.

“Spirit, Soul and Body” by Andrew Wommack

When you were born again, your spirit – the real you – was instantly made new but your old habits of thinking and your body were essentially unchanged. If you battled with health or emotional issues before you were saved, there’s a good chance you continue to battle with those same issues now that you’re saved. Don’t misunderstand me. There is a huge difference between a sinner and a saint! But until the saint learns to think like a saint, he will continue to think like a sinner and in many ways this is fatal (Rm 8:6).

Paul didn’t challenge the Roman Christians to renew their minds in order to get saved but so that they would see the will of God manifest in their lives – His will for healing, deliverance, and provision. This is a life-long process. At every decision we either choose to walk after flesh (what do our five senses tell us?) or we renew our minds and walk after the spirit (what does God say?).

You can walk by sight or you can walk by faith. Some Christians try to do both! They say they’re trusting God to come through for them but at the same time they’re busting their humps trying to fix things themselves. Perhaps they think they’re mixing faith with works but in reality they’re just walking after the flesh. They may talk differently from their unsaved neighbors, but their walk is exactly the same.

A book which will help you come to grips with these issues is Spirit, Soul and Body by Andrew Wommack. Personally I am not convinced that there is a broad distinction between the spirit and the soul and I object to the implication that only part of you is saved. But I like the way Wommack explains how we work out God’s salvation in our lives.

If I told you that there was a rich treasure hidden in your yard, you would either believe me or reject me, but nothing would actually change until you started digging. Similarly, we will never see the spiritual blessings that God has already given us revealed unless we dig. Whether your need is healing, deliverance, or provision, this book teaches you how to dig.

“Extra Virgin Grace” by Ryan Rufus

Another good book on this subject was published just yesterday. Extra Virgin Grace, by Ryan Rufus, provides a sweeping study of many topics that have long been misunderstood and misrepresented, including the Beatitudes, holiness, eternal security, discipline and one of my all-time favorite subjects, true rest.

In Extra Virgin Grace, Ryan Rufus takes a close look at Galatians 5 and asks “What does it mean to walk by the spirit?” Traditionally “the spirit” has been interpreted as meaning the Holy Spirit. To walk by the spirit thus means doing whatever the Holy Spirit tells you. But if you look at the context of Galatians 4, you will see that Paul was referring to our reborn spirits.

Your spirit is one with Christ and is in constant fellowship with the Holy Spirit. So the choice Paul was describing was whether to walk by the limited sensory experience of the flesh, or the unseen reality of our perfectly sanctified spirits. To live by the spirit means learning to make decisions from our spirit rather than our minds.

Sometimes we just know things that reason cannot explain because they are spiritually discerned. We sense a prompting to pray for someone only to learn later that it was for them a moment of great need. This is how Adam and Eve lived before the Fall – their thinking was spirit-led rather than flesh-based.

If we understood that our spirits are perfect already (see Heb 10:14), and that we lack nothing (1 Co 1:7), we would spend less time teaching godly character and more time renewing our minds to live by the spirit. Instead of preaching on faith and sanctification, we would seek to reveal our true identity in Christ. As Ryan says, “The church preaches too much about who we aren’t.” Knowing who you now are and Who lives in you is the key to Christian living.

Last edited:

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
NEWS FLASH, Joanie!

I was reading Word Faith books back in the 1980 long before you discovered this false gospel. But I was healthy, so it had no meaning for me. I continued being a Pentecostal, another 10 years, till I began to see the shallowness of the whole movement. I changed churches, and gradually started getting sick. Meanwhile, 2 of my Pentecostal friends got pulled into the Word Faith movement, basically going to camp type meeetings and getting hyped up by preachers just like you posted. Thick in ignorance, thin in Bible knowledge.

By 1999, I was suffering terribly with no diagnosis, because of my clean blood work. I later learned this is called seri-negative RA. One friend came and stayed at my house with a bunch of young people, it reminded me of a bunch of high hippies, from my youth. It was mass hysteria.

They decided to pray for me, I believed! I believed them! Nothing to do with God. Of course, they did not heal me, with their misplaced faith in themselves! Just like you! Your misplaced faith in yourself and these lying, false teachers you posted.

The next day, when I had not been healed, my friend started telling me I didn’t have enough faith, I was living with unconfessed sin, or something was wrong with me! It was like being kicked when I was down. We moved, another friend came to visit and explained to me that God guaranteed healing. I knew nothing about healing, but more important, I knew nothing about exegetics, interpretation or theology. He prayed for me, I wash not healed, then he condemned me, said I was sinning, unbelieving, and lacking faith. I went into a deep depression lasting years. Till God told me to read the Psalms, and then called me to Seminary..

That was 19 years ago! I have forgiven my friends, and I weep for Nydia who died to prove this Word Faith lie, by not getting treatment for breast cancer. I have rebuked the man, showed him why he was wrong in the Bible. But almost dying turned him away from wholeheartedly believing this lie. He remains an active 87 year old, goes to meetings every day of the week, more in Sunday.

So don’t give me this story about all this new stuff you are learning. This is an old, old lie. It preys in the weak and ignorant. Like Blain, I am never going to let you hurt people who wander into this forum and are hurt by you and this insidious and hideous lie. Sadly, many people believe this garbage. Well, until something goes wrong and they aren’t healed, or they lose all their money giving to these multimillionaires who are greedy and full of lust for money. So no more calling me narrow minded. I KNOW how wrong your false gospel is, because I lived it! I KNOW it is a lie from the devil seducing people daily, especially in many of the mega churches. It is you, with your judgmental casting of stones, who lives in a small world, following your internet false teachers, instead of the Word of God!

And Lynn sure called it right, with your twisted Passive-aggressive behaviour.

“I’m not going to fight with you”...not 1 but 3 posts by these heretical madmen. Or maybe not madmen, just conniving, wicked, evil men who prey upon the biblical ignorance of people like you.

Well, I am going to fight with you. As in counter your every lie with what the Bible really says. Point out you wouldn’t know the Holy Spirit if he walked up to you and hugged you. You are apostate, devoid of the Holy Spirit, not walking with God, lost in your own brainwashed delusions!

If you want to share with “like minded” individuals, feel free to go find a Word Faith forum, where you can all reinforce your appalling ignorance of the Bible, and your complete lack of having the Holy Spirit in your lives. I’ll even find one for you, if it means you are gone, and no longer spouting this heretical garbage.

By the way, how much are you getting paid to post these guys drivel? I also now believe you were never sick enough to need genuine healing. I used to give you that benefit of the doubt, but your constant mouthing these stock phrases, your putting others down, because they don’t have the Holy Spirit, when all along it has been you who has no relationship with God, and you have NEVER walked with the Holy Spirit, because you are so deluded, I believe you cannot possibly be saved!

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
Plus, if you really understood what this was about, you would be posting in your own words, instead of these unbelievably shallow Word Faith vipers. I’ve been challenging you for years, write it in your own words. But you can’t, you’re a devoted cult member who only knows how to hand out pamphlets!

(Ie copy and pastes!)

joaniemarie

Jan 4, 2017

[SUP]
[SUP]
[SUP]
[SUP]
[SUP]
[SUP]
[SUP]
[SUP]
[SUP]
[SUP]
[SUP]
[SUP]
[SUP]

I didn't finish reading your post Angela since you go from insult after insult as if it's right to do that. The first part about your experiences are all well and good for 'you'. But as I said., not everyone rock and rolls the same. There are millions of Christians who have experienced life totally different than you or I.
I'm not sure why you believe your experiences are the only ones that count above everyone else's including mine.

God values all believers Angela. No one has the market on the whole truth of life but God. Jesus gave us the Holy Spirit Who promises to lead us into all truth., but while we are here on earth., our human minds can only comprehend a small amount at a time.
And thankfully the Holy Spirit takes up for us what we can't know. I'm re posting this for clarity again. I hope you will read it.

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
Another video that asks the question why healing doesn't work sometimes. A question many of us have asked and really want to know.

[video=youtube;-hKEYG3JdPk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hKEYG3JdPk[/video]
Joanie Marie, I watched the video. So what was your purpose in putting it here?