Health& Wellness tip...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Jase

Jun 9, 2021
Exercise is one of the top ingredients in a healthy lifestyle.

Adults should exercise at least thirty minutes...five days a week...or more.

Start....you may like it. 😉

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021

Or not. If was so wonderful, everyone would do it. I'm 70. I recently bought a bike to get some exercise. It's terrible. But I do it because I see a need. I may enjoy it more when I'm fitter. Then I won't need to ride the bike. I bought an expensive bike to motivate me to use it more. That's how much I dislike strenuous exercise.

Another vital health ingredient is to quit worrying. For many, that's harder than giving up coffee or chocolate.

Jase

Jun 9, 2021
T Y, Gideon, for your response.
And, Good Luck with your biking..enjoy!😉

Nov 26, 2012

Are you in the fitness industry or just an enthusiast?

Jase

Jun 9, 2021
To answer Hungry....Not IN the fitness business..just try to stay fit....stretch every morning before anything.

Then "the many steps" a day.😉

DeanM

May 4, 2021
Eat right aka less, drink water and do things that bring you joy. I worked with a guy that ran 5 miles everyday before work. He said it speeds up the heart. I teased him and asked what if your heart only has so many beats in it? 😁

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
Thank you for the tips.. I hope others pitch in their healthy tips too.. although there have been some threads on the topic. At times the small reminders can be a ton of help.

I have a younger sister in Christ, who, after i mentioned i sometimes walked (or have to) considering i have no car when husband is away, and our place is a bit remote. She admitted she was lazy to do so or just too busy always. It's kind of a mindset, no? I was rather lazy as a child too when it comes to these things, but i saw my father regularly in his sport, tennis, then my siblings following thru w/ their own activities like swimming, etc. I dont remember ever going into a gym=), but i have maintained simple aerobic activities as well as stretching, and have adopted the moderation in other activities as my parents have trained us to do, including eating things we like! That is, i've learned to stop even if theres a feast, when i know ive had enough.

My husband would also say there's both wisdom and power in prayer, for many illnesses and 'inconveniences' would be prevented if we seriously pray abt our conditions, our body, which is the Temple of the Holy Spirit. Hubby was recommended for surgery of a mass a few yrs (2+) ago , but not exactly heeding the doc's advice, prayed, changed lifestyle, sweating more and eating the right or better things than he used to. Mass isnt totally gone, but he's more active now than he was and continuing to pray for total recovery, and working to serve the Lord more, yes(y)!

Jase

Jun 9, 2021
Very nice post, TY, mar09, and continued (recovery)well- being to your husband.😉