HEARING GOD SPEAK

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Mofastus

May 23, 2019
Galatians 6:4 But let every man prove his own work, and then shall he have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another.5 For every man shall bear his own burden.

1 Corinthians 9:24 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.

2 Corinthians 1:21 Now he which stablisheth us with you in Christ, and hath anointed us, is God;

2 Corinthians 1:22 Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

1 John 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

Hearing God speak is actually the promise and guarantee of the New Covenant!

Hebrews 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

Hebrews 8:11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

However, in God's mercy and in the hardness of men's heart. God provided what we all needed to help us get the guarantee.

1 Corinthians 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

1 Corinthians 1:30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

P

persistent

Two months from now, I'll be 79. My life is mostly lived and I'm heading for
the exit. How much hope do really think there is of my finally coming around
to your way of thinking before I'm dead?

Some of you youngsters are not much different now than when the
seventeen year-old self absorbed brats you were in high school: demanding
to be heard, anxious to make a difference, and desperate to be accepted.

Matt 11:16-17 . .To what can I compare this generation? They are like
children sitting in the marketplaces and calling out to others: We played the
flute for you, and you did not dance; we sang a dirge, and you did not
mourn.

Ahstah Lah Veestah Baybee; off you go to the IGNORE pile. You too
Magenta; and by the way hows about including some men in your graphic
arts now and again. I'm beginning to strongly suspect you have a problem
with gender bias.
_
I read your testimony and it sounds better than mine. These folks get a little overzealous. Romans 10:2 For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge.

G00WZ

May 16, 2014
I’m not sure about John Nash or mother Teresa, but I meant like hearing a voice from heaven speaking to someone?
I really don't like to talk about it much but i have heard the audible voice of God just once and i can say this, when He speaks everything else went silent. It's kindof hard to explain how things sound extremely loud when a voice just starts speaking from out of nothing and when i say nothing i mean even inner thoughts were silenced. One of the things you might realize when you hear Him is you know He is all powerful not just in sound but in authority.He seemed loud for two reasons one because He spoke from out of me and two because His voice is extremely deep it almost doesn't sound real. We are under new covenant so He is within us and not way on top of a mountain somewhere.

I just felt like if he said something about me i would have to submit to it because His word over me would actually change my spiritual nature into that thing.... In the flesh you can kindof halfway resist because you have things contrary to stand on but in the spirit nah, just nah aint gonna happen. The voice of God isn't just an audible experience at least for me it wasn't because i could literally see and experience what He was saying like a full on vision but with Him narrating as we went.

Another thing to note is i knew He was ancient, He just had an ancient vibe about Him like super ancient eldest father, the first and the highest.

Mar 4, 2020
I really don't like to talk about it much but i have heard the audible voice of God just once and i can say this, when He speaks everything else went silent. It's kindof hard to explain how things sound extremely loud when a voice just starts speaking from out of nothing and when i say nothing i mean even inner thoughts were silenced. One of the things you might realize when you hear Him is you know He is all powerful not just in sound but in authority.He seemed loud for two reasons one because He spoke from out of me and two because His voice is extremely deep it almost doesn't sound real. We are under new covenant so He is within us and not way on top of a mountain somewhere.
My experience is similar. God has a very deep voice. In the Bible it has been described like thunder. To me it sounds far away and right in front of me at the same time. It’s difficult to explain, it’s almost like He’s everywhere at the same time or behind something. Sometimes I’ve heard a background sound like running water.

I don’t believe we’re crazy.

I just felt like if he said something about me i would have to submit to it because His word over me would actually change my spiritual nature into that thing.... In the flesh you can kindof halfway resist because you have things contrary to stand on but in the spirit nah, just nah aint gonna happen. The voice of God isn't just an audible experience at least for me it wasn't because i could literally see and experience what He was saying like a full on vision but with Him narrating as we went.

Another thing to note is i knew He was ancient, He just had an ancient vibe about Him like super ancient eldest father, the first and the highest.
Thank you for sharing that with me. I’m glad you did even though you don’t like to talk about it often. It helped me find confirmation for something that I had often wondered about.

What I’ve learned is God doesn’t always answer, but I know for a fact He’s always listening. He even reads what we write on this forum.

Mar 4, 2020
What I’ve learned is God doesn’t always answer, but I know for a fact He’s always listening. He even reads what we write on this forum.
To add to that, sometimes you just gotta keep knocking on the door, so to speak. Not saying be annoying, but God seems to recognize genuine searching and seeking for Him.

UnoiAmarah

Jul 28, 2017
Last night I was praying and was told to remember the 10 Commandments. I don't even know where in the Bible that's at. I was told to turn to Exodus 20 and read. Guess what happened in chapter 20?

Imaginary or real?
Imaginary.

The 10 commandments are written in Deuteronomy 6.

29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:
30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.
Mark 12:29-30

Where in Exodus 20 does it contain the commandment Hear 0 Israel; The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength?

Mar 4, 2020
nope

The 10 commandments are written in Deuteronomy 6.

29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:
30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.
Mark 12:29-30

Where in Exodus 20 does it contain the commandment Hear 0 Israel; The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength?
Not sure how you came to the conclusion that there are 10 commandments in Deuteronomy 6. I read it and there are more than 10. There are hundreds of commandments, but the greatest commandment is "thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength."

The 10 Commandments are in Exodus 20.

UnoiAmarah

Jul 28, 2017
nope

Not sure how you came to the conclusion that there are 10 commandments in Deuteronomy 6. I read it and there are more than 10. There are hundreds of commandments, but the greatest commandment is "thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength."

The 10 Commandments are in Exodus 20.
That is why Deuteronomy 6:1 begins with "Now these are the commandments, ...."

Moreover the reason Jesus said the first of the commandments begin with Hear O Isreal; The LORD our God is on one LORD:

Deut 6:4-6
4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:
5 And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.
6 And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:
________
But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. Jer 31:33

For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: Heb 8:10

But then again it is written that the LORD said his word would not always strive with man, since the number of his man's days in the flesh upon the earth are 120 years since man does not live by bread alone but by every word that proceedeth from the mouth of the LORD does man live.