“So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.”
Romans 10:17 KJV
“And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, full of grace and truth.”
John 1:14 KJV
“Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.”
John 18:37 KJV
“Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; and ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”
John 8:31-32 KJV
“It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.”
John 6:63 KJV
The point of quoting all of that is to show an example of how what Jesus said in the gospel and whether we hear what he said or we don’t is going to develope what we believe and how we understand the rest of scripture
An example The last verse of the prophets in the Bibles Old Testament spoken to israel about 2-250 bc
“Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD: and he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.”
Malachi 4:5-6 KJV
About 300 yrs later Jesus the lord , the Word of God who says hear me and believe and continue in my words
“For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John. And if ye will receive it, this is Elijah, which was for to come.
He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.”
Matthew 11:13-15
now I can begin understand the Old Testament prophetic scripture as Jesus is telling his disciples “ John is the Elijah who was to come in the prophets “
But it’s only true if I’m willing to hear it because I really do believe in Jesus who said it.
But i can also be like the Pharisees or teachers of the law and reject what he said refuse to believe what he is saying
and then bring a different doctrine up against what the lord was teaching in the everlasting Gospel he sent out to all nations to all the world and all creatures.
But if I’m a believer in Jesus and if I heard what he said about John being Elijah who was promised beforehand in the prophets to come then now I’m understanding something and no one else needs to explain anything different because the one in whom I believe just taught me something I’m beginning to hear faith and understand Gods word just because I heard what Jesus said about something and believe it.
The only reason anyone would believe this
For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John. And if ye will receive it, this is Elijah, which was for to come.
He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.”
Matthew 11:13-15
Is because the one we put our faith in said it , if we don’t or haven’t heard it we may have already decided that John is not Elijah who was promised to be sent in the end of the prophets and we may interpret it a different way
If we hear and believe what the lord said when he came then we’re going to have understanding about God the true and correct understanding of God
“And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.”
1 John 5:20 KJV
That’s what the gospel is Jesus giving us an understanding of God the true and correct one to hear and believe Jesus in the gospel will open our understanding to the rest of scripture nt and also old just as his words give understanding to the ot prophets , they give understanding to Paul, Peter and johns writings ect
I hope you the point of this post he knows all our flaws and sins already there’s no reason for us to avoid Jesus words They aren’t like Moses words that condemn sinners , they are the words that save sinners and teach them to repent and learn from the lord himself
“It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God.
Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.”
John 6:45 KJV
“All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.
Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”
Matthew 11:27-30 KJV
Romans 10:17 KJV
“And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, full of grace and truth.”
John 1:14 KJV
“Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.”
John 18:37 KJV
“Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; and ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”
John 8:31-32 KJV
“It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.”
John 6:63 KJV
The point of quoting all of that is to show an example of how what Jesus said in the gospel and whether we hear what he said or we don’t is going to develope what we believe and how we understand the rest of scripture
An example The last verse of the prophets in the Bibles Old Testament spoken to israel about 2-250 bc
“Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD: and he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.”
Malachi 4:5-6 KJV
About 300 yrs later Jesus the lord , the Word of God who says hear me and believe and continue in my words
“For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John. And if ye will receive it, this is Elijah, which was for to come.
He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.”
Matthew 11:13-15
now I can begin understand the Old Testament prophetic scripture as Jesus is telling his disciples “ John is the Elijah who was to come in the prophets “
But it’s only true if I’m willing to hear it because I really do believe in Jesus who said it.
But i can also be like the Pharisees or teachers of the law and reject what he said refuse to believe what he is saying
and then bring a different doctrine up against what the lord was teaching in the everlasting Gospel he sent out to all nations to all the world and all creatures.
But if I’m a believer in Jesus and if I heard what he said about John being Elijah who was promised beforehand in the prophets to come then now I’m understanding something and no one else needs to explain anything different because the one in whom I believe just taught me something I’m beginning to hear faith and understand Gods word just because I heard what Jesus said about something and believe it.
The only reason anyone would believe this
For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John. And if ye will receive it, this is Elijah, which was for to come.
He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.”
Matthew 11:13-15
Is because the one we put our faith in said it , if we don’t or haven’t heard it we may have already decided that John is not Elijah who was promised to be sent in the end of the prophets and we may interpret it a different way
If we hear and believe what the lord said when he came then we’re going to have understanding about God the true and correct understanding of God
“And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.”
1 John 5:20 KJV
That’s what the gospel is Jesus giving us an understanding of God the true and correct one to hear and believe Jesus in the gospel will open our understanding to the rest of scripture nt and also old just as his words give understanding to the ot prophets , they give understanding to Paul, Peter and johns writings ect
I hope you the point of this post he knows all our flaws and sins already there’s no reason for us to avoid Jesus words They aren’t like Moses words that condemn sinners , they are the words that save sinners and teach them to repent and learn from the lord himself
“It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God.
Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.”
John 6:45 KJV
“All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.
Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”
Matthew 11:27-30 KJV