Hearing the Voice Of God

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

hillbilly

Banned
Mar 7, 2018
50
3
0
Ok I could say listen and we would all answer, "I try". So lets start with what you will have or will hear at some time. Read the Word and commit yourself to prayer Both of these do take discipline. Even by simplifying my life by cutting out television and social media i still finds ways to distract myself. So what do I do personally. Well I live in my shop and have a lifestyle where I only leave town twice a week, To go to Church for the Sunday service and Friday prayer meeting. Obviously most can't do that with the hectic life children, jobs, being young and having a whole world to explore and so on. So here's a few things that help me. I always look at how the rest of the world lives and think how fortunate I am and try not to complain or get angry at God about my life but ask Him what He is asking of me. When talking to God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit I remember who and where they are and have a conversation with each personally talking to them in the roles they have. So how do we do that, well the Holy Spirit is always with us and some of the ways He helps us is to be our teacher revealing Jesus the Word to us. He is our conscience, our comforter, our advocate on earth and so on. Jesus of course is our savior, Lord, friend and advocate in heaven and so on, And God is our Father. Now as I grew in Christ as a baby God spoke to me clearly, and patiently as an earthly father does. As I grew in my faith and became a teenager He disciplined me a lot. As an adult His voice became less audible s He asks me to be responsible and to draw closer to Him. One thing that can stop us hearing God is guilt. Here one has to really know they are forgiven and be able to accept that or you will have your own voice and that of satan in your ear blocking out God. You will know the voice of God through conviction too. So don't run way from it or get angry with someone if they say something that convicts you. Rejoice and realize your Father is talking to you to help you. I could say a lot more but that hopefully will be of some assistance. God bless you and keep you safe. Your Brother In Christ.
 
Once I found out the voice of criticism was not of Christ , it was easy to drown out the noise of the enemy. Words of encouragement and correction are different from negative judgemental words and thoughts that seep in from the enemy. Get busy helping others and you will see God using you.
 
Thank you for this encouraging blog. I am at this stage; "One thing that can stop us hearing God is guilt. Here one has to really know they are forgiven and be able to accept that or you will have your own voice and that of satan in your ear blocking out God." Trying to move away from this and trying to prioritise my time with God - difficult but not impossible. Thanks again. :)