Heart Ablation Procedure

  • Thread starter Thread starter YouOnlyLiveTwice
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Y

YouOnlyLiveTwice

Guest
Well, I decided i'm going for it. I'm having my heart ablation procedure today, check in time is in 5 hours.

If y'all can pray for me, I'd appreciate it.

Last time I had some kind of surgery was my wisdom teeth when I was 17 years old and I don't really consider dental work to be surgical, compared to what I'm getting done today.

They are going to ultrasound my heart from the inside to check it first, then they will go along with the procedure.

They will put me to sleep, Thank God. If I don't wake up from that sleep and I die today, thank you all for the love, support and witnessing my growth over the almost two years as a CC member (with different accounts)
 
Well, I decided i'm going for it. I'm having my heart ablation procedure today, check in time is in 5 hours.

If y'all can pray for me, I'd appreciate it.

Last time I had some kind of surgery was my wisdom teeth when I was 17 years old and I don't really consider dental work to be surgical, compared to what I'm getting done today.

They are going to ultrasound my heart from the inside to check it first, then they will go along with the procedure.

They will put me to sleep, Thank God. If I don't wake up from that sleep and I die today, thank you all for the love, support and witnessing my growth over the almost two years as a CC member (with different accounts)
God bless you, you will be in my prayers friend.
 
Thank you all for the prayers and support. The procedure went really well and they didn’t even have to prescribe me anything afterwards. They were just like, “it’s fixed, no need for medications.” I was shocked!

Anyways, I’ll be in recovery at home for the next ten days pretty much.

Again, thank you!

I’m also down to only three meds now…one blood pressure med, one cholesrerol med and one psych med. At the beginning of the year I was on a whopping 8 prescription meds!

The more you learn about medication and your health, the more YOU can make YOUR OWN health decisions.
 
I've went under twice now, and there is always that chance you won't wake up. There is a profound sense of relief knowing you didn't leave your loved ones behind. I'll have to have something done later this year. Ah! These bodies of flesh...
I agree. Also, what is nice is if they put you under and you never wake up, you’ll never know, until you are in heaven.
 
How is everything?
Well, my upper right leg hurts a bunch cause that is where they inserted the catheter, to get to my heart.

My heart feels fine, though I have to be on a cardiac diet for at least three months.

It’s hard for me to get up or out of bed but I am using a cane to move around the house (and hold up the toilet seat).

Just relaxing today, setting up plans for July’s Oklahoma visit right now.
 
Well, my upper right leg hurts a bunch cause that is where they inserted the catheter, to get to my heart.

My heart feels fine, though I have to be on a cardiac diet for at least three months.

It’s hard for me to get up or out of bed but I am using a cane to move around the house (and hold up the toilet seat).

Just relaxing today, setting up plans for July’s Oklahoma visit right now.

OK, but your alive! haha
Get some rest bro, the forced diet will be good for you.
 
  • Like
Reactions: YouOnlyLiveTwice
OK, but your alive! haha
Get some rest bro, the forced diet will be good for you.
I completely agree about being on a forced diet. I got so big, being on 6 different psych meds; now I’m down to 1 psych med. Hopefully I’ll just start dropping weight.
 
  • Like
Reactions: jacko
Well, I decided i'm going for it. I'm having my heart ablation procedure today, check in time is in 5 hours.

If y'all can pray for me, I'd appreciate it.

Last time I had some kind of surgery was my wisdom teeth when I was 17 years old and I don't really consider dental work to be surgical, compared to what I'm getting done today.

They are going to ultrasound my heart from the inside to check it first, then they will go along with the procedure.

They will put me to sleep, Thank God. If I don't wake up from that sleep and I die today, thank you all for the love, support and witnessing my growth over the almost two years as a CC member (with different accounts)
will pray. blessings in proper healing.
 
  • Heart
Reactions: YouOnlyLiveTwice
Well, I guess I just got a prescription for Eliquis 5mg, so I don’t get any blood clots, got to take that for 3 months, while I heal.

The most common side effect is nose bleeds but the more uncommon serious side effects are nuts, but I guess I’ll be taking it.

I hate prescription meds and all their side effects….just make something that works….