Heart of worship

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Has anyone sung this song? In church?
I just find it weird the lyrics.

Theres one that goes...Im coming back to the heart of worship, where its all about you, its all about you Jesus. IM sorry for the thing Ive made it...

But the thing is...these lyrics just contradict themselves. The writer just inserts himself in it anyway. Then makes a whole song about it. If he was really sincere about it, why not just drop the songs altogether and have silent worship.

Anyway why did the writer make a thing of worship anyway? And why should we then sing about the mistakes HE made?

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Hey Lanolin, I enjoy reading you in the forums.

My take in this one is....yes our experience with faith need not always be shared. You are so right, especially inserting self. However, sometimes it is our testimony, and our worship.

Music and lyrics are one of the means to connect to the heart and mind of another, where God dwells within.

What extraordinarily, beyond miraculous gifts He continues to give.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I wonder what other songs Matt Redman made or sang that made him think that way. Are they all self centred?
I just dont feel right singing that one! A lot of worship songs seem a bit off sometimes.when we gather to worship of course its not about self. Also we gather to sing corporately, to glorify the Lord, so why sing personal songs.

That would be like me baring my soul and then insisting everyone else sing my song to make me famous. Of course thats inappropriate in church. You are not there to perform or be looked at....

Or is God saying its ok. Here Matt Redman, you made worship songs into an idol, so Im inspiring you to pen this totally ironic song about your hypocrisy. When everyone sings it, you are going to humble yourself.