heaven is hotter than hell?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Definition_Christ

What is it about this place? or is it the people?

Honestly, I'm not being facetious this time, I actually want to know how something so dumb can turn into beef.

I guess the original grammatical correction was slightly confrontative, but looking back further, Thaddeus did say the OP is belittling the truth by making a joke. It should be self-explanatory that it doesn't have to be this way. But I would really love to hear some theories on why everything seems to turn into a confrontation around here.
Zechariah 13:6
And one will say to him, ‘What are these wounds between your arms?’ Then he will answer, ‘Those with which I was wounded in the house of my friends.’

The reason why the wounded aren't being healed; is because the healers are too busy wounding other healers.

Oct 13, 2009
I love the way people, who know when they can't attack you spiritually, will attack you in the fleshly things. thanks for pointing out my weakness , but if there is one verse in scriptures that I have try to live by it is this

Ac 4:13Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men, they marvelled; and they took knowledge of them, that they had been with Jesus.
So it didn't work, I still love you through Christ and you didn't make me mad. However you are still wrong about that verse talking about heaven.
Okay, before I begin this message I'd like to say that I do not mind contractions.

Now that I've gotten that out of the way, instead of saying something like "oh I'll pay more attention to what I write." (even "that's not a huge deal, you're picking up scraps)

you first tell me that I cannot attack you in spiritual matters.

seeing as you consider what I said a personal attack, I will continue on with that preconceived notion in mind. (as outlandish as it may be)

right off the bat, of course I can't attack you in spiritual manners, that would be ridiculous. why would I even try?

Tell me if the following scenario makes sense:
"you shouldantt make fun of the Bible"

"fix your grammar, btw... I'm sending you to hell, ha ha ha"

Next as justification, and as a "comeback" you post the following biblical passage:" Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men, they marvelled; and they took knowledge of them, that they had been with Jesus."

okay, so what you're telling me is "I'm stupid, but I'm a christian...... so you should be ummmmm uhhhh amazed"

Now, I'd like to quote you on your little "gotcha"

"So it didn't work, I still love you through Christ and you didn't make me mad..."

I am going to simply answer this as I would if I was talking to you in the flesh (as opposed to the pixel)

"My goal is not to make you mad, it's to make you think before you speak"

thanks for playing
-John

Jan 8, 2009
I dont understand how the calculation is done. It assumes that the location of heaven is known? Where is heaven assumed to be located? That is the major flaw in the OP.

Oct 13, 2009
What is it about this place? or is it the people?

Honestly, I'm not being facetious this time, I actually want to know how something so dumb can turn into beef.

I guess the original grammatical correction was slightly confrontative, but looking back further, Thaddeus did say the OP is belittling the truth by making a joke. It should be self-explanatory that it doesn't have to be this way. But I would really love to hear some theories on why everything seems to turn into a confrontation around here.
people seem to be very serious on this site, I'm not a very serious person, and that I suppose can get in the way of things.

:) believe me, I don't like unneeded arguments either.

C

Cup-of-Ruin

people seem to be very serious on this site, I'm not a very serious person, and that I suppose can get in the way of things.

:) believe me, I don't like unneeded arguments either.
This is the Bible discussion forum, there are other forums on this website that might be more appropriate for you.

G

greatkraw

Okay, so looking at bible passages, the temperature of heaven is clearly much hotter than hell

the temperature of heaven can be rather accurately computed. Our authority is the Bible, Isaiah 30:26 reads, "Moreover, the light of the moon shall be as the light of the sun and the light of the sun shall be sevenfold as the light of seven days."
Thus, heaven receives from the moon as much radiation as the earth does from the sun, and in addition seven times seven (49) times as much as the earth does from the sun, or fifty times in all. The light we receive from the moon is one ten-thousandth of the light we receive from the sun, so we can ignore that. With these data we can compute the temperature of heaven: The radiation falling on heaven will heat it to the point where the heat lost by radiation is just equal to the heat received by radiation. In other words, heaven loses fifty times as much heat as the earth by radiation. Using the Stefan-Boltzmann fourth power law for radiation:
(H/E)4 = 50
where E is the absolute temperature of the earth, 300°K (273+27). This gives H the absolute temperature of heaven, as 798°K (525°C or 977°F).
Tempurature of Hell

The exact temperature of hell cannot be computed but it must be less than 444.6°C, the temperature at which brimstone or sulfur changes from a liquid to a gas. As stated in Revelations 21:8: "But the fearful and unbelieving... shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone." A lake of molten brimstone [sulfur] means that its temperature must be at or below the boiling point, which is 444.6°C. (Above that point, it would be a vapor, not a lake.)
We have then, temperature of heaven, 525°C (977°F) and the temperature of hell, less than or equal to (=>) 444.6°C (>=832.28°F). Therefore heaven is hotter than hell.
Another good paradox like this is the Omnipotence Paradox.

This isn't even original. And you created a thread to discuss it!!!!?????

F

flozzzy

This is the Bible discussion forum, there are other forums on this website that might be more appropriate for you.
un serious people need to read and talk about the bible too, although the bible is serious you don't need to be serious to talk about it, which is one of the awesome things about it ^^

G

greatkraw

Has anyone got a copy of that rejection letter that Saul of Tarsus received from the missionary oraganisation?

Apparently they had a problem with the fact that he was unmarried and wanted to know more about the thorn in his flesh.

Mar 11, 2009
Peace be to you
And above the firmament that was over their heads was the likeness of a throne, as the appearance of a sapphire stone: and upon the likeness of the throne was the likeness as the appearance of a man above upon it.
And I saw as the colour of amber, as the appearance of fire round about within it, from the appearance of his loins even upward, and from the appearance of his loins even downward, I saw as it were the appearance of fire, and it had brightness round about.
As the appearance of the bow that is in the cloud in the day of rain, so was the appearance of the brightness round about. This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the LORD. And when I saw it, I fell upon my face, and I heard a voice of one that spake.

God is all in all.
Lately i have noticed the exaltation of evil being maifest.
God gave us so many woundeful things to enjoy,Evil always trys to lay claim to it being theres(always exalting itself)The old testiment is filled with things magical,Spiritual.

Wilt thou play with him as with a bird? or wilt thou bind him for thy maidens?Shall the companions make a banquet of him? shall they part him among the merchants?None is so fierce that dare stir him up: who then is able to stand before me?Who hath prevented me, that I should repay him? whatsoever is under the whole heaven is mine.

By his neesings a light doth shine, and his eyes are like the eyelids of the morning.Out of his mouth go burning lamps, and sparks of fire leap out.
Out of his nostrils goeth smoke, as out of a seething pot or caldron.
His breath kindleth coals, and a flame goeth out of his mouth.
His heart is as firm as a stone; yea, as hard as a piece of the nether millstone.When he raiseth up himself, the mighty are afraid: by reason of breakings they purify themselves.

If you think you tremble before leviathan.Try standing before God.

Love a friend in God

Status
Not open for further replies.