G
Gojira
Guest
I'm looking forward to petting a lion. I'm also hoping for dinosaurs.Personally, I am looking forward to it. I am sure that we will retain our memories so, in that aspect, we will not be starting over.
I'm looking forward to petting a lion. I'm also hoping for dinosaurs.Personally, I am looking forward to it. I am sure that we will retain our memories so, in that aspect, we will not be starting over.
.
It's an alien world with which I am totally unfamiliar; and when I leave here,
I will be leaving behind everything dear to me, e.g. photos, mementos,
collections, sights and sounds, mountains, creeks, rivers and forests,
clothing and equipment, landmarks, entertainment, hobbies, a spouse, BFF,
etc, etc.
The culture shock tsunami of leaving all that I know and going to a foreign
land where I know nothing at all, is not my idea of a good time. Personally;
I dread the thought of having to start all over again from scratch.
_
The OP didn't want the presence of God or the treasures of a Holy God.Hell is the absence of God. There is no pleasure, rest, peace, joy or harmony in Hell, because those things come with a holy God.
.
It's an alien world with which I am totally unfamiliar; and when I leave here,
I will be leaving behind everything dear to me, e.g. photos, mementos,
collections, sights and sounds, mountains, creeks, rivers and forests,
clothing and equipment, landmarks, entertainment, hobbies, a spouse, BFF,
etc, etc.
The culture shock tsunami of leaving all that I know and going to a foreign
land where I know nothing at all, is not my idea of a good time. Personally;
I dread the thought of having to start all over again from scratch.
_
.
I once heard a minister tell the story of a fictional busload of Hell's inmates
who were given a 30 day furlough for some R&R in Heaven. They all came
back the first night because God's world was such a bore.
There were no wild parties, no clothing-optional beaches, no bars, no night
clubs, no porn, no escort services, no pigging-out at buffets, no fights, no
profanity, no ribaldry, no free sex, no vulgar late-night comedy, no exotic
dancers, no X-rated movies, no junk food, no tobacco, no marijuana, no
meth, ecstasy, LSD, fentanyl, heroine, or cocaine, no hunting for sport, no
fishing for sport, no casino gambling, no bawdy strips like Fremont
Street in Las Vegas, and no trafficking (a.k.a. prostitution).
And the hellsters didn't particularly care for the isolation. None of the good
folk in Heaven wanted to associate with them: they were ostracized, they
were segregated, and they were quarantined.
Heaven is a pleasant utopia. It's etiquette, its dress code, and its rules of
conduct and civility; were way too constraining for the hellsters. Especially
suffocating is the mandatory self control everyone has to exercise in their
choice of words to avoid hurting people's feelings.
You see; many of the interests that concern Hell's people are unacceptable
in Heaven; and in point of fact, none of Heaven's people even want to hear
about that stuff. For them that scene is over and they don't want it back.
You know what else is lacking in Heaven? Religious tolerance. There is only
one religion up there. What's that tell you? Well; it tells me that the
establishment clause of the US Constitution's first amendment doesn't fly in
Heaven. The theocratic monarchy in Heaven insists upon dictating
everyone's religious preference.
In other words: Heaven's utopian society, coupled with its 24/7 Big Brother
oversight, universal surveillance, and strict morality, was just simply too
much to ask in exchange for some time off. To the hellsters, God's world
held little more appeal for a get-away than one of North Korea's prison
camps.
_
I'm trying to witness to him.The OP didn't want the presence of God or the treasures of a Holy God.
Hell is the absence of God. There is no pleasure, rest, peace, joy or harmony in Hell, because those things come with a holy God.
Velociraptors might prove to be problematic though.I'm looking forward to petting a lion. I'm also hoping for dinosaurs.
Velociraptors might prove to be problematic though.
You provided an excellent reference.you are thinking of fallen earth though friend . Here is a glimpse of restored creation animals. We have nothing to worry about for velociraptors or any former predator animal. It’s going to be different that’s for sure.
“The cow will feed with the bear, their young will lie down together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox.”
Isaiah 11:7 NIV
If lions are eating hay, and kids can put their hands into snakes' nests, velociraptors (not 6' tall mind you, they were about 2' tall), should make cute little chicken-like pets.Velociraptors might prove to be problematic though.
BECOME BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN & YOU WILL BE TOTALLY INTERESTED IN HEAVEN.
It's an alien world with which I am totally unfamiliar; and when I leave here,
I will be leaving behind everything dear to me, e.g. photos, mementos,
collections, sights and sounds, mountains, creeks, rivers and forests,
clothing and equipment, landmarks, entertainment, hobbies, a spouse, BFF,
etc, etc.
The culture shock tsunami of leaving all that I know and going to a foreign
land where I know nothing at all, is not my idea of a good time. Personally;
I dread the thought of having to start all over again from scratch.
_
BECOME BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN & YOU WILL BE TOTALLY INTERESTED IN
HEAVEN
spoken accurately & truly! it's about unthinkable that the Jw's believe what they do when they deny the Spirit's calling. God calls everyone to Himself multiple times..
Some years ago, a two-bit substitute Sunday school teacher wasted the hour
by sitting us thru a Hollywood movie based upon the life of Joseph. At the
conclusion of the "show" I raised my hand and asked the teacher if he
thought Joseph was born again.
I wish you could've seen the look on his face as his mind instantly went into
oscillating vapor lock trying to understand what I meant. He was baffled by
my question.
Well; I explained, Jesus said that no one can enter the kingdom of God sans
the Spirit birth he spoke of at John 3:3-7. The language and grammar of
his statement strongly suggests there are no exceptions, viz: the birth
isn't optional, rather, it's mandatory-- not just mandatory for some, but for
everyone.
One day I asked an experienced Jehovah's Witness if he was born of the
Spirit. He answered no, and added that he did not expect to undergo a Spirit
birth in either this life or the next because his hope isn't in Heaven.
The JW was somehow unaware that Jesus' discussion with Nicodemus
wasn't about things in Heaven, rather, things on Earth.
● John 3:12 . . . If I have told you earthly things and yet you do not believe,
how will you believe if I tell you heavenly things?
In other words: the kingdom of God, and the Spirit birth requirement,
pertain to Messiah's theocratic world down here on the ground rather than
the supreme being's world up in the sky.
It's both tragic and ironic that the Watchtower Society's rank and file
missionaries go worldwide advertising a kingdom that they themselves will
never be allowed to enter: not because they didn't work hard enough to
deserve it, but simply because they were led to believe themselves exempt
from the Spirit-birth requirement.
_