Hebrews 3

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
O

OreoSoleil

So tonight God really opened my eyes with Hebrews 3:7-19

Therefore, just as the Holy Spirit says, "Today if you hear his voice, 8 do not harden your hearts as when they provoked me, as in the day of trial in the wilderness, 9 where your fathers tried me by testing me, and saw my works for forty years. 10 Therefore I was angry with this generation, and said, 'they always go astray in their heart; and they did not know my ways'; 11 as I swore in my wrath, 'They shall not enter my rest.'" 12 Take care, brethren, lest there should be in any one of you an evil, unbelieving heart, in falling away from the living God. 13 But encourage one another day after day, as long as it is still called "Today," lest any one of you be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin. 14 For we have become partakers of Christ, if we hold fast the beginning of our assurance firm until the end; 15 while it is said, "Today if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts, as when they provoked me." 16 For who provoked Him when they had heard? Indeed, did not all those who came out of Egypt led by Moses? 17 And with whom was He angry for forty years? Was it not with those who sinned, whose bodies fell in the wilderness? 18 And to whom did He swear that they should not enter His rest, but to those who were disobedient? 19 And so we see that they were not able to enter because of unbelief.​
Its so eye opening and so convicting.

We hope in what we see, but it doesn't come as fast as we want -- so it causes our bitterness to grow and unbelief.

What's your take on that -- any great examples -- that has helped you fight the good fight of faith and persevere. Not growing weary in doing good . .

L

Lifelike

Nice post Oreosoleil, what a name, what does that mean? I have experienced the same thing, unbelief is a terrible thing, because it refuses to believe.. in love. I just thank God He sent in a swat team to get me out. We need to be delivered from unbelief. For me it resulted from circumstances, but God is faithful to bring us through, He knows our situations, and our struggle. We are in for such a good time in God! What a time to be alive!!! We get to see the final act. ;)

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
The first sentence says it all for me. If you hear His voice. That generation which hardened their hearts heard His voice from the mountain, when He made His covenant with them. And what did they do? They said to Moses, "Don't let God speak to us, lest we die."

We must get past this not believing that He speaks to us, and open our hearts to hear Him. Jesus said that His sheep hear His voice, and He knows them, and they follow Him.

Anyway, this is what the whole passage is about, actually the entire letter to the Hebrews. Drawing near to God, hearing His voice, coming into His presence, at the throne of grace, in the holy of holies, through Jesus. It is what He has saved us for, and in truth, this is what saves us.

C

charisenexcelcis

We ought not to think that it can't happen to us. The Divine author of scripture put it here for a purpose. If we grow prideful, we could end in the same state.

O

OreoSoleil

Nice post Oreosoleil, what a name, what does that mean?

Well -- My daughter is named Soleil : ) and I had a pet rabbit named Oreo -- it flows so I picked it

May 21, 2009
Gods people hear His voice indeed. People who don't are lost. All you have to do is repent. Give up your pride and hear His voice. If you don't hear His voice it not because He didn't try to talk its because you refused to hear Him.

O

OreoSoleil

Gods people hear His voice indeed. People who don't are lost. All you have to do is repent. Give up your pride and hear His voice. If you don't hear His voice it not because He didn't try to talk its because you refused to hear Him.

That makes alot of sense.