Heir

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Piers Morgan though is known for being rude and calling poor Meghan nasty names when she snubbed him for salacious news stories that he was keen to collaborate on to drive up tabloid newspaper sales. Come on dude you're not PR for the Royals and don't pretend to be.

Diana wanted news to take photos of her to publicise issues like the campaign against landmines and other such worthy causes, not what she was wearing to the gym.
 
Here's something I don't really understand about British newspapers/press/Fleet Street.

There are so many different newspapers that I wonder which one is the most reliable for telling the truth and not just PR or scandalous headlines? Or is it a mixed bag of what you'll get on any given day?

Of the papers I hear about, because we don't get them in New Zealand, there seem to be a few that are constantly reporting on what the royals are doing, like a court circular. Here in NZ we don't have regular columns of Royal news in the daily paper - of which there is actually only ONE distributed in Auckland where I live ' The New Zealand Herald' while other regions have their own like 'The Dominion' Or 'The Manawatu Standard' etc.

BUT all our woman's magazines, like Australia Women's weekly, NZ women's Weekly, Woman's Day, New Idea, every week without fail they have Royals on the cover or some headline to do with them, and they are the ones face out on the Supermarket stands and the newsagents/dairies everyday. There are even magazines that are called Royalty or Majesty and do nothing but have photos of royals posing, or rich people, like Hello! magazine.

So British newspapers, can anyone explain what the different ones are and what they report on regarding Royals.

The Sun,
Telegraph
Guardian
Mirror
Daily Mail
The Post

as I am confused about them all. I suppose I could just google all this information but I want to invite others who read them or know about them to share what their experience of them is. Are some more muckraking than others? Which ones does Harry not like? Which ones are good PR for the Royals and issue statements first of things like 'we emphatically deny this news ever happened' implying that people just made it all up. Which ones will dare to publish pap pics? Which one is the newspaper that has 'page six' on it, that has the photos of naked girls? I mean I assume that all these newspapers have more than 6 pages.
 
People magazine, Who, US weekly in the US are the gossip rags.

I'm sure celebs call them and say hey I want to publicise my next movie /project and you can also talk to me about my personal life too, like how old I am getting, what clothes I wear and my latest marriage/divorce.
 
Caught a doco on William and Harry called the Rise and Fall of William and Harry. I think its a series but I don't know who produced it, happened to be on the Sky Channel at the time, and only saw the last part of it. Had some talking heads/royal commentators who opined about the brothers lives. I don't think they actually personally KNEW the brothers.

Basically the brothers were close until Meghan came into the picture and Harry got married.
When she had a fight or disagreement with Catherine, and it ended in tears, over all things, stockings for the flowergirls/bridesmaids that was when something was not quite right.

So the story goes that William was concerned that things were moving too fast for Harry, as Meghan didn't want to wait 8 years to get married like Kate (now Catherine) did. Harry didn't want to wait either, he was ready to be a husband and father after his previous gfs didn't work out - they didn't want the publicity.

After that the brothers seemed frosty with each other since Harry didn't listen or pay any head to his big bro's 'advice'. As we know in memoir Spare they came to blows after this and Meghan wasn't accepted into the family as readily. Kate had her problems too but not on the scale of Meghan since she was a divorcee, American, and for some, unacceptably 'different'

Harry and Meghans new life overshadowed that of William and Kates now and he was even more popular. The brothers couldn't be together as a trio anymore with Kate like they used to (Kate being a sister-in-law, like the sister Harry never had) .

I really don't know the solution to this since Meghan can't change the way she is and shouldn't really have to. Also I don't think Harry should have married his cousin like the Royal family used to do to keep it all in the family, and now that Beatrice and Eugenie have married, he won't get the chance... But they had the red hair, and grew up Royal, so in paper, they would have made a good match. Never mind about the risk of birth defects. I'm not joking that the Royals used to do this.

Anyone 'outside' was treated horribly or went through a baptism of fire. But this is what families are like, esp those with a lot of money and privelige. Crazy Rich Asians anyone?
 
Doc mentioned something William patroned called 'Earthshot'

At first I thought..missiles? Or maybe...photography?

But no...its an environmental rescue the planet competition!

Well in NZ we never heard of it. I never heard of it. Until now. I will have to investigate further and find out what the prize is. We really are livin' on a prayer.