Held Fast

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Demi777

Senior Member
Oct 13, 2014
6,908
1,988
113
Germany
Psalm 139:7–10
Where can I go from Your Spirit? Where can I flee from Your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths [or in Sheol, or in hell], you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me; your right hand will hold me fast. NIV

​
​
God’s presence is His Spirit. God told the prophet Jeremiah that He fills all things, that He fills the heaven and He fills the earth. It’s not the visible, manifest form of God that fills the heaven or the earth, but it’s that invisible, imperceptible presence of God the Holy Spirit which permeates the entire universe.

No matter where we go, that invisible hand is stretched out to hold us. No matter how far we may sink down or how high we may rise, we cannot go below the level of God’s presence or ascend above it. God’s presence is always with us. He hears every word we speak; He knows every thought. He said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”

Sometimes we may feel bereft and forsaken, but it’s only in appearance. The presence of God is always there, this side of the ocean or the other, up or down, successful or in defeat, the presence of God is always with us and ultimately His presence is our peace.


—Derek Prince​