Hello All...

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

oldwhiskey

New member
Oct 8, 2026
1
2
3
New here, obviously.
I hope to find encouragement here.
I am currently trying to find belief... I have been an agnostic since about 1988 when the story of Abraham and Isaac was very poorly explained to me in sunday school. I am now very well read, not bragging - adding context. I have come to intellectually think that God is real and that Christ is Risen. I seem to be stumbling in accepting it in my heart. I get really really close and then, I don't know, stiffen up. I think that it is pride - I've been justifying lack of faith for 40 years so...
That might be a bit much for an intro - but that can help explain the thrust of any questions that I ask ask or replies that I make. Sincerely looking to understand, not for confrontation.

Anyhoo - HI!

By the way - I am NOT good at the timely reply to messages, texts, etc... so be not offended - it isn't you.
 
Hi oldwhiskey nice to meet you, welcome to CC! You're on the right track and I'm sure you'll be convinced to give your heart to Jesus w/o a doubt. There's a Scripture were Paul contrasts the destructive acts of the flesh (such as anger, division, and immorality) with the positive fruit of the Spirit (love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, and self-control) in Galatians 5:19–23.
So have a browse around the Forums, jump in and make some new friends when you're ready😊God bless you and yours🙏