Hello! I am n artist. Any artist out there? Claudette

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 20, 2022
This thread is represented by a big spectrum of artists. Visual, music, and mine is martial arts.

That's really cool HTR!
I often think of how wonderful much of the music is on earth right now. I can't imagine how it's going to be in heaven when we get there.

My art is the accumulation of my Dad's boxing, Chinese, Japanese, Filipino, American MA and answers to prayer.....Psalm. 144:1
Lots of christians think that all martial arts are of the devil. Certainly there are many eastern ones that incorporate Taoist, Buddhist, etc philosophies into the teaching. I turn people away from those.
There are many martial artists in the Bible as there is even much more about singing and musical instruments. What type of music do you sing?
I am more of a contemporary music artist, but I also do some southern gospel. It's all according to the church/venue which I am singing in. I am the music leader at the church which I attend, and so I incorporate both gospel and contemporary worship.
Very cool on the martial arts. I know that is a lot of hard work and training. Yes, I can see how it would be easy to incorporate buddhism and the other religions into the martial arts. It's the same concept with Christian music. If one is not careful, it is easy to mix with worldly music.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
I am more of a contemporary music artist, but I also do some southern gospel. It's all according to the church/venue which I am singing in. I am the music leader at the church which I attend, and so I incorporate both gospel and contemporary worship.
Very cool on the martial arts. I know that is a lot of hard work and training. Yes, I can see how it would be easy to incorporate buddhism and the other religions into the martial arts. It's the same concept with Christian music. If one is not careful, it is easy to mix with worldly music.
That's quite an important ministry you have.
There's a lot of prep and hard work that goes into the time in front of the congregation.
Folks don't always realize that.

Jul 20, 2022
That's quite an important ministry you have.
There's a lot of prep and hard work that goes into the time in front of the congregation.
Folks don't always realize that.
Yes, indeed. I try to spend ample time in prayer and study of God's Word before I go on stage. I always pray for myself as well as the other members of our music team. Normally, I am at the church about two hours in advance to our service beginning. I always like to know ahead of time which songs I will be singing, which chords I will be singing them in, the tempos, and such as that. Under the same token, I know the martial arts also has a lot of preparation. At my age, I would probably die within the first five mintues of training. Haha.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
I listened to a sermon while working. It was about David, who was a great musician and martial artist. What I find interesting is that certain music can drive out demons....I Sam 16. I can imagine David playing for Saul and singing and the demon can't stand in the presence of praise, worshipping the Lord with His Word.
Spiritual warfare with music, faith, sword of the Spirit...

Jul 20, 2022
I listened to a sermon while working. It was about David, who was a great musician and martial artist. What I find interesting is that certain music can drive out demons....I Sam 16. I can imagine David playing for Saul and singing and the demon can't stand in the presence of praise, worshipping the Lord with His Word.
Spiritual warfare with music, faith, sword of the Spirit...
Absolutely. Music plays an important part in worship and warfare. In the Old Testament, the musicians went before the Ark of the Covenant. The trumpets sounded before the walls of Jericho fell. And, yes, as you mentioned, David played the harp in order to drive the demon from Saul. So much is said about music and singing in the book of Psalms, Revelation, and other parts of the Bible.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Yes, indeed. I try to spend ample time in prayer and study of God's Word before I go on stage. I always pray for myself as well as the other members of our music team. Normally, I am at the church about two hours in advance to our service beginning. I always like to know ahead of time which songs I will be singing, which chords I will be singing them in, the tempos, and such as that. Under the same token, I know the martial arts also has a lot of preparation. At my age, I would probably die within the first five mintues of training. Haha.
Hahaha!
I look at my warmups, stretches, exercises and practice as a lifetime fitness program.
I just had an auto injury. I've been set back and will have to heal before taking it up again. Everyone starts somewhere. Start small, go at your own pace and build on basics is my philosophy. Encouragement and routine kicks in and eventually you are able to kick more than just butts. Lol!

I enjoy singing too. For years I'd come up with worship "songs", a stanza here or there. Some of it starts as a joyful noise, but practicing anything correctly helps.
Since I don't write music, I decided to use a recorder. Some day, I need to prioritize that and fill in the blanks.

Jul 20, 2022
Hahaha!
I look at my warmups, stretches, exercises and practice as a lifetime fitness program.
I just had an auto injury. I've been set back and will have to heal before taking it up again. Everyone starts somewhere. Start small, go at your own pace and build on basics is my philosophy. Encouragement and routine kicks in and eventually you are able to kick more than just butts. Lol!

I enjoy singing too. For years I'd come up with worship "songs", a stanza here or there. Some of it starts as a joyful noise, but practicing anything correctly helps.
Since I don't write music, I decided to use a recorder. Some day, I need to prioritize that and fill in the blanks.
It sounds like your scenarios with martial arts is much how I encourage people in their Christian walk. Some people become discouraged because they feel like they need to see--and achieve--the big picture all at once. However, we are climbing Jacob's ladder, and sometimes it takes one step at a time. Baby steps become bigger steps, bigger steps become a jog, and a jog becomes a marathon. So on and so forth.
I agree. You should fill in the blanks. It would be nice to hear what you have written so far.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
This was a fold out in the back of one of my favorite books as an adolescent. The painter was my favorite fantasy art painter and painting. The characters on the right were blown up for the cover of a Robert E. Howard book cover, People of the Black Circle.
The painting title is Chamber of Illusions by Ken Kelly. The author was made much more famous when the artists Kelly and Frank Frazzetta did the artwork for the paperbacks.

https://flic.kr/p/zz9K11

This is my favorite because it best conveys the triumph of good over evil. Kelly captures movement and shadow beyond description. I always enjoyed swordplay and got into it seriously as an instructor.

Claudette

Apr 10, 2021
I am 86 years old and have been an artist all my life. I am a widow and lonely without my mate John. Oil painting is my gift from God and my paintings express this. Would love to chat with anyone.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I am 86 years old and have been an artist all my life. I am a widow and lonely without my mate John.
Oil painting is my gift from God and my paintings express this. Would love to chat with anyone.
We have a member in her late 90s who is a painter, also :) Her name is @Blik

J

Jackieboy100

Hey, you know me...the village idiot.

Every village needs one, and I'm more than qualified for the job...unfortunately.

All kidding aside, it's been a VERY BAD week for me.

I just seem to have this uncanny ability to say the most idiotic things at the most inopportune times, thereby damaging or completely ruining relationships that I truly care about. The worst part of it is that I don't even mean the things that I somehow manage to say, and I oftentimes don't even get a chance to apologize when I genuinely feel HORRIBLE about the whole situation.

If anybody wants to say a prayer for me, then I'd appreciate it.
All that matters is that you forgive yourself and the lord forgives you. The enemy creeps in when you least expect and that's not your fault. Stay in faith and all will be well!

Live4Him3

Jesus is Lord
May 19, 2022
All that matters is that you forgive yourself and the lord forgives you. The enemy creeps in when you least expect and that's not your fault. Stay in faith and all will be well!
That whole situation is behind me now, never to be revisited again, and I'm moving forward with God.