Hello, im confused

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Jinthejynn

Apr 1, 2021
Hello, I am someone struggling with the concept of faith. I dont understand why a worldview should have faith, and I dont get why it should be the abrahamic god. Please, enlighten me so I may understand. Thank you so much!

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Hello, I am someone struggling with the concept of faith. I dont understand why a worldview should have faith, and I dont get why it should be the abrahamic god. Please, enlighten me so I may understand. Thank you so much!
Wonderful question. Many want physical proof and evidence to base their world view upon, but God desires more than just people who believe He exists. God desires a love relationship that must go beyond this level. We must first come to the understanding that we need more than just a new worldview. The Old Testament ( and modern history also) show us how men are incapable of attaining righteousness without following their Maker's instructions to come to him by faith. The Bible itself explains it best.

Hebrews
11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
11:2 For by it the elders obtained a good report.
11:3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

We cannot attain or obtain righteousness or salvation through intellectual prowness. The humble faith of a child is what is required...

1 Corinthians
1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
1:19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.
1:20 Where [is] the wise? where [is] the scribe? where [is] the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
1:22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:
1:23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
1:24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.
1:25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
1:26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, [are called]:
1:27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
1:28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, [yea], and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:
1:29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.
1:30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:
1:31 That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

Jesus came down to Earth, died on the Cross to pay for our sins, and rose up out of the grave on the third day. This is referred to as "the sign of the prophet Jonas"...

Matthew 16:4 A wicked and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given unto it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas. And he left them, and departed.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Hi and welcome to CC! You ask an important question. There can only be one Creator, right? Considering all religious/spiritual input out there, I find the Bible is the only thing with proofs) that make complete sense. I have looked into other theories and find fallacies. God bless you!

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Can you rephrase your question? It's a little hard to understand. Thanks

Jillintx

Apr 15, 2021
Everything in life requires faith. Without faith there is dispair. Without religion, the moral compass can shift, and human nature tends to be selfish. The essence of our religion is love the Lord our God with all our heart and mind and soul and love your neighbor as yourself. Christ died for our sins so we could be forgiven by God who is Holy and without sin, that we may live free of guilt and learn to walk in His path and show love to others.