Hello I'm Mark, an American expatriate living in South Africa.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Apr 19, 2022
As a new member, I'm not just here to observe, but to actively contribute and assist in any way possible. While I may not be a scholar, my 57 years as a Christian have equipped me with knowledge and experience that I'm eager to share. I look forward to being a part of this community and making a meaningful contribution.
There are a few things I believe that may be controversial to some:
One of my core beliefs is eternal security (OSAS), a topic I'm always open to discussing.
I believe in a Pretribulational rapture of the Church, a belief that the Church will be taken up to heaven before a period of great tribulation on earth.
I firmly believe the King James Bible is the only preserved Word of God in English. I understand this is a contentious issue for many, but I have seen compelling evidence to support this belief. https://truthischrist.com
Welcome here, the is a lot of kind people on here. God bless.

Those topics mentioned have been viciously debated for years on this site. It's unlikely you'll bring anything new that will sway anyone. But if mean spirited disagreement is your thing then you'll fit right in. If that's not your thing, well, i hope you have thick skin. It gets rough in the BDF (bible discussion forum).
Just a friendly heads up.

Everything @Subhumanoidal is true. But, there are also members here that with true Christian compassion will help you if some of your understanding of the Scriptures are slightly off keel. I say this at the end of one week of being here.

Do enjoy CC.

Aug 8, 2024
Those topics mentioned have been viciously debated for years on this site. It's unlikely you'll bring anything new that will sway anyone. But if mean spirited disagreement is your thing then you'll fit right in. If that's not your thing, well, i hope you have thick skin. It gets rough in the BDF (bible discussion forum).

Everything @Subhumanoidal is true. But, there are also members here that with true Christian compassion will help you if some of your understanding of the Scriptures are slightly off keel. I say this at the end of one week of being here.

Do enjoy CC.
I'm no better than anyone else, but I have yet to misunderstand Scripture, that I'm aware of, but I'm always willing to learn from those willing to teach in humility.
"Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind. Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves. Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others. Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross." (Philippians' 2:2-8 KJB)

I'm no better than anyone else, but I have yet to misunderstand Scripture, that I'm aware of, but I'm always willing to learn from those willing to teach in humility.
"Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind. Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves. Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others. Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross." (Philippians' 2:2-8 KJB)
I remember coming out of the military 40 years reading the scriptures truly for the first time, not because of being forced at catholic school, but because God laid it upon my heart.

Reading it with the eyes of a newborn for the first time was so beautiful. As I found myself going into the meat of the word, I found myself having to backtrack and be corrected. Maybe I was meant to be a vegetarian. lol

Aug 8, 2024
I remember coming out of the military 40 years reading the scriptures truly for the first time, not because of being forced at catholic school, but because God laid it upon my heart.

Reading it with the eyes of a newborn for the first time was so beautiful. As I found myself going into the meat of the word, I found myself having to backtrack and be corrected. Maybe I was meant to be a vegetarian. lol
I'm a veteran myself, but after Vietnam (1969-70) I didn't care to stay in.

It was many years after I was saved (1967) that I really got into the Scriptures. In fact, it wasn't until 2009 that I discovered the riches therein, which was an interesting story of a miracle brought about through tribulation. You probably know the saying about getting someone's attention with a 2x4, well God sort of did that with me.
I fell and broke my hip. I was unable to call an ambulance because I couldn’t afford one and was already in debt. I waited for the bus to start running at 6 am. Fortunately, the VA Hospital was only 3.5 miles and one bus from where I lived.
“Unfortunately,” the bus stop was a block and a half away, and I lived on the third floor.
There was no one to help me then; I had only lived there for a month. All I had was a cane, used occasionally, because of spinal stenosis in my spine and tinnitus in my ears caused an imbalance, causing instability. So, I made my way down two flights of stairs, walked a block and a half to the bus, got on the bus, and bounced all the way to the hospital. I got off the bus and made my way inside, sat down in a wheelchair, and told the orderly, “I think I hurt myself." They sent me upstairs for x-rays, and I had fractured my femur. All of this was done without any human aid, I believe God sent a guardian angel to help me. Not only that but I don't remember being in pain during this ordeal. It was after that when I really got into the scriptures. I was a captive audience so to speak, while recuperating.
BTW, thank you for your service!

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018

Do enjoy CC.
I did specify the BDF, not a reference to the entire site. And even if there are decent people in the BDF the rest are vicious. So that's a lot of personal attacks, accusations and name calling to get past to find those that aren't like that. I say that after 13 years of being here.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Hi welcome to CC, Hammer, nice to meet you! Thank you for your service and may God continue to bless you and your family🙏✝🔯

May 10, 2024
As a new member, I'm not just here to observe, but to actively contribute and assist in any way possible. While I may not be a scholar, my 57 years as a Christian have equipped me with knowledge and experience that I'm eager to share. I look forward to being a part of this community and making a meaningful contribution.
One of my core beliefs is eternal security (OSAS), a topic I'm always open to discussing.
I believe in a Pretribulational rapture of the Church, a belief that the Church will be taken up to heaven before a period of great tribulation on earth.
I firmly believe the King James Bible is the only preserved Word of God in English. I understand this is a contentious issue for many, but I have seen compelling evidence to support this belief. https://truthischrist.com

Welcome , I just showed up on here today. I just wanted to say that I agree with you on a couple points just a little different .I'm post trib not pre trib I read the KJV beause i have always read the KJV The newer translations confuse me at times.
Glad to see you here I look forwrd to your posts.

Aug 8, 2024
Welcome , I just showed up on here today. I just wanted to say that I agree with you on a couple points just a little different. I'm post trib not pre trib I read the KJV because i have always read the KJV The newer translations confuse me at times.
Glad to see you here I look forward to your posts.
Thank you. As far as the KJB is concerned there is mathematical proof that it is the preserved Word of God. I don't know if you saw the link I provided; truthischrist.com. I guarantee you will be blessed by watching at least one of the videos. There is another video here on the history of the King James Bible that will further convince you that you made a good choice in choosing it.
I'm curious as to why you prefer the post-trib view of the rapture? I don't understand why Jesus would do it that way, when the great tribulation is the time of Jacob's trouble, not the time of the gentiles trouble.