Hello

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Yes i have to agree sadly, I pray they will see the light. But hopefully they will learn.
but on a nicer note still plenty of Good goes on here to.
Thanks for responding! We can have a conversation about the practical Christian life, if you wish; or I can continue the discussion here itself. Over the years, I have learnt some 'keys' to a positive and fruitful Christian life. But it applies to those who are truly born again! Sadly, many are trapped in cults & heresies (false doctrines), and many have no idea of what it is to 'walk in the Spirit', 'be led by the Spirit' and to have a life fully 'surrendered to God'.

de-emerald

May 8, 2021
Yes sure fire away would love to hear
Thanks for responding! We can have a conversation about the practical Christian life, if you wish; or I can continue the discussion here itself. Over the years, I have learnt some 'keys' to a positive and fruitful Christian life. But it applies to those who are truly born again! Sadly, many are trapped in cults & heresies (false doctrines), and many have no idea of what it is to 'walk in the Spirit', 'be led by the Spirit' and to have a life fully 'surrendered to God'.
Fire away hosea,,, would love hear those keys.

The first key is Obedience.
So many say that they have Faith, but they do not Obey God.

Try this questionnaire:

1. Are you in the habit of having a daily Quiet Time with God? Do you read the Bible (at least a chapter) and ask God to speak to you? Do you reflect over what you've read? Do you receive promises from God? Does the Word convict you of any negligence or omission in obeying God?

2. Do you maintain a prayer list? Do you pray for your family? friends? church members? Do you 'walk with God, talk with God' in your heart, as you go about your daily duties? Do you maintain a to-do-list and do you pray over it? Can you say that your prayer life has increased?

3. Do you spend more time on Facebook/Twitter/Internet than time alone with God? Do you share Christ on FB/Twitter/Internet, or do you indulge in trivialities and chit-chat?

4. Can you say that you have utterly surrendered to God, that you are living 100% for Him, and that you are in this world to serve Him?

5. Can you say truthfully that the world does not attract you anymore? Can you say also that you have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires? Can you say that the Holy Spirit has taken full control of your life? and that you are 'led by Him'?

de-emerald

May 8, 2021
Welcome regina pleased to meet you. ;)

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Hi. I'm Nick. I'm here to simply "up" the volume of conversation about God in my life. It's been waining over a long period. I have been a pretty useless Christian for about 20 years. I find it incredibly difficult to "feel" Him these days and it feels all the way impossible to "hear" Him. Also, I feel that the pace of this world's emancipation from Him has exponentially increased, only in the last few years! I think we all need to stand together more tightly than ever. Looking forward to connecting and sharing.
Completely agree, brother Nick. He seeks a close relationship with each of us. So much noise and so many distractions. We need to take time to listen to that still, small, voice. Welcome to CC, Nick! :):coffee:

1 Kings
19:11 And he said, Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the LORD. And, behold, the LORD passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the LORD; [but] the LORD [was] not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; [but] the LORD [was] not in the earthquake:
19:12 And after the earthquake a fire; [but] the LORD [was] not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice.
19:13 And it was [so], when Elijah heard [it], that he wrapped his face in his mantle, and went out, and stood in the entering in of the cave. And, behold, [there came] a voice unto him, and said, What doest thou here, Elijah?

Nick1976

May 22, 2021
Hi again all, specifically Mr Oyster67... I'm going to drop a little more honesty. I'm keen to read what you can do with this too... I know a bit of scripture. Not a lot. I'm talking about probably the top 40% of the most quoted gear. But, I don't know what is wrong with my heart in that; I never feel it's impact on my life. Your verse from Kings is a great example. It's well within my knowledge database. Read it, discussed it, even prayed on it many times (in my youth mostly to be fair). But... I've never EVER been SURE about when god is speaking to me. I have never been able to split it from my own ramblinng thought patterns. I listen for the still small voice in my heart. And in my desperation with my physical ears. But I never hear anything. Sometimes I have emotional reactions I imagine are Gods imprint on me, but it never permeates... amd quite frankly, it could just be me... this is my struggle. I need help.

Nick1976

May 22, 2021
Completely agree, brother Nick. He seeks a close relationship with each of us. So much noise and so many distractions. We need to take time to listen to that still, small, voice. Welcome to CC, Nick! :):coffee:

1 Kings
19:11 And he said, Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the LORD. And, behold, the LORD passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the LORD; [but] the LORD [was] not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; [but] the LORD [was] not in the earthquake:
19:12 And after the earthquake a fire; [but] the LORD [was] not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice.
19:13 And it was [so], when Elijah heard [it], that he wrapped his face in his mantle, and went out, and stood in the entering in of the cave. And, behold, [there came] a voice unto him, and said, What doest thou here, Elijah?
Hi again all, specifically Mr Oyster67... I'm going to drop a little more honesty. I'm keen to read what you can do with this too... I know a bit of scripture. Not a lot. I'm talking about probably the top 40% of the most quoted gear. But, I don't know what is wrong with my heart in that; I never feel it's impact on my life. Your verse from Kings is a great example. It's well within my knowledge database. Read it, discussed it, even prayed on it many times (in my youth mostly to be fair). But... I've never EVER been SURE about when god is speaking to me. I have never been able to split it from my own ramblinng thought patterns. I listen for the still small voice in my heart. And in my desperation with my physical ears. But I never hear anything. Sometimes I have emotional reactions I imagine are Gods imprint on me, but it never permeates... amd quite frankly, it could just be me... this is my struggle. I need help.