Hell's Location

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

Adloe

Well idk bt god has created everything,we assume bcoz the bible talks about christ desending into the pits of hell to free his people,and the heaven part he was taken by a cloud into the sky,bt u knw death is quicker than the speed of light,so possibly both are so close in the supernatural yet far in the physical so yeah those are my thoughts.{peace and love

S

spacefreak

only GOD knows the location of heaven and hell

HEIsRiSen

Feb 4, 2013
I don't know where Hell is and I don't want to know.

I don't know where Heaven is, but maybe I will know when I get there :D

R

RachelBibleStudent

i really don't think hell is inside the earth...

God is going to create a new heaven and new earth where there will be no crying or pain...so hell can have no place in that new creation...

that basically tells me that hell will be -outside- the new heaven and new earth...which reminds me of the phrase 'outer darkness'...

in other words i think that hell is a real physical place...but it is somehow beyond all space and time in a way that our current human concept of 'location' cannot account for...so that nobody could point in some direction and say 'hell is over there'

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
I forget who said it, but there was a quote "This earth is the most hell a Christian will see, while it is the most heaven a sinner will see".

Katy-follower

Jun 25, 2011
I forget who said it, but there was a quote "This earth is the most hell a Christian will see, while it is the most heaven a sinner will see".
A friend posted that on facebook a couple of weeks ago and I've always remembered it....

480158_371677349585458_1344499848_n.png

R

raoul

I think they found the real location of hell - it's below the Mason-Dixie line with its core being Alabama.

P

Pilgrimer

I don't believe hell is at the center of the earth. Nor do I believe that heaven is in the sky, sitting out there somwhere in some distant galaxy, hidden behind some star. The Scriptures tell us that God is omni-present, meaning He is quite literally everywhere, as close to us as our own breath. In one of his beautiful psalms David asked the question, "Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence? If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou are there." Psalm 139:7-8 So it's really not true that being in hell means being separated from the presence of God because God is everywhere.

I believe that when the Scriptures speak of heaven being "above," it doesn't mean that heaven is physically over our heads, but rather heaven is above in the sense that it is a higher state of existence than this physical world in which we live, another whole realm or state or kingdom, or another whole dimension, another good word.

And furthermore, heaven is infinite, and eternal, unlike this creation, and everything in it, which is finite and temporal.

And the same goes for hell. Hell is not beneath us in the sense that it is literally under our feet, in the earth's core. It is beneath us in the sense that it is a much lower state of existence, where darkness is absolute, and lonliness is bitterly cold, and the stinch of rot and death reigns with no rest from it's pangs.

Heaven and hell are spiritual realms that are not located somewhere in this physical realm. Nor can they be perceived or detected with our physical senses, which are only capable of perceiving physical things. That's why a person who is in an unregerate state, whether in this world or in hell, is not cut off from the presence of God because God is not present, they are cut off from God because they have not spiritual eyes or ears or hands to see and hear and feel God because God is spirit, and they are spiritually dead.

When we are born, we are born in this state of spiritual death. And think about it. A dead body can't see or hear or feel or in any way sense the world around it, the table their cold, lifeless body lies on, the people who stand around them, not even those who love and mourn them. They are "dead to the world," totally cut off with absolutely no conscious awareness of this world or anything in it. Now that body still exists, but it's dead. And that's the way it is with our spirit when we are born. Our spirit exists, but it's dead, dead to God, who is Spirit, and His kingdom, which is spiritual. It requires that God reach down and touch our cold, dead, lifeless spirit and raise us up to life, sweet, eternal, blessed, spiritual life. Then, and only then, can we open our eyes and see God, and hear His voice, and feel His presence, and walk in His kingdom: "except ye be born again, ye cannot see the Kingdom of Heaven." Jesus

So for all these reasons, and more, I don't believe hell is in the core of the earth, or that the Devil, that old serpent, is chained up there. Where that Ancient Foe is, lost souls go, not their bodies. The body goes to the grave, until the day of judgment ...

In Christ,
Pilgrimer

P.S. I'm from Alabama. Sixth generation born and raised here. And I have traveled over most of this state in the course of my life and no, hell is not here.

Last edited:
D

DaughterOfAbraham

Your response compels me to tell of a conversation I recently had. An acquaintance of mine was speaking of how she felt spirits were in her house. I asked why. She listed the typical horror film symptoms. I told her that it was time to pray. She answered back that she felt that spirits were those of angels left to protect her. I shared my feelings. I told her of the New Jerusalem... and that hell, may in fact be this earth we exist ins, spiritual realm. She asked why. I told her because when we are renewed and exist in New Earth, we will be in His precense. Left to worship as we should, ruled by our Spirits instead of our flesh. That to die and NOT be in His precense wouldn't be a good thing. This may seem as a meaningless ramble to you, but your words struck me. Peace

N

nathan3

What people think of hell, or the lake of Fire, is not even in existence yet.