D
Depleted
Guest
We have big stuff we no longer need or it's just too big to keep. In most cases, I can give it away through Freecycle, but the stuff I'm sure people will take they tend to take it to sell it. I keep thinking we were given these things for free because we couldn't afford them, so I'd like to give them away to others who could use them, but can't afford them either.
And, yeah, in most cases, the answer would seem to be to give it back to those who gave it to us, but they have so many they don't want them. So, I'm hoping your creative thinking or experience can help me. Here's a list of what has to go. Can you think of anyone else?
Medical supplies (and the VA doesn't want any of it):
-- A wheelchair.
-- Commode.
-- Wedges.
-- walkers
-- raised toilet seat
And one odd thing that people ask about on FreeCycle but never come to get -- a forsythia bush. I learned the hard way you can't keep a forsythia in a 25 gallon container. It gets rootbound. But it's too big for me take it out of the pot. And it's still alive. It just needs some soil to go in. I have tried our horticultural society, parks department, our library (that has grounds with bushes around it), the city, and even the sports stadiums (which also have grounds.) It seems a few would be happy to take it, if I dropped it off.
Try fitting this in the trunk of your Saturn sedan. lol

And, yeah, in most cases, the answer would seem to be to give it back to those who gave it to us, but they have so many they don't want them. So, I'm hoping your creative thinking or experience can help me. Here's a list of what has to go. Can you think of anyone else?
Medical supplies (and the VA doesn't want any of it):
-- A wheelchair.
-- Commode.
-- Wedges.
-- walkers
-- raised toilet seat
And one odd thing that people ask about on FreeCycle but never come to get -- a forsythia bush. I learned the hard way you can't keep a forsythia in a 25 gallon container. It gets rootbound. But it's too big for me take it out of the pot. And it's still alive. It just needs some soil to go in. I have tried our horticultural society, parks department, our library (that has grounds with bushes around it), the city, and even the sports stadiums (which also have grounds.) It seems a few would be happy to take it, if I dropped it off.
Try fitting this in the trunk of your Saturn sedan. lol
