HELP I THINK THERES A DEMON AT WORK

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

atwhatcost

I happened to come across some very interesting articles on youtube about demonic infestation from a ex Jesuit priest and former adviser to the pope,his name was Malachi Martin.
I am no way Catholic but never the less the youtube clips were very interesting ,if you can look over a couple of of his heretical beliefs.Youtube Malachi Martin.
If the asker could overlook heretical beliefs, she wouldn't be talking about Jezebel Spirit.

I think it's a good idea to wait for livingonfaith to come back and explain the problem before giving advice.

NotmebutHim

May 17, 2015
Correct me if I'm wrong (seriously), but I think these are the only spirits which have names in the Bible:

The Holy Spirit (of course!)
Legion (the demons who were torturing the man of Gadara as recorded in Matthew and Mark)
The spirit of antichrist (whoever denies that Jesus has come in the flesh)

That's all I can think of right now.

Although I'm not sure whether there is a specific Jezebel spirit or demon, I can say that when people act or behave in certain ways, it can be likened to Queen Jezebel. And we can also compare such behaviors to Ahab, Pharaoh, Haman, Herod, Judas, Cain, Michal (one of David's wives), Manasseh, Nebuchadnezzar, Belshazzar, Pontius Pilate, Simon the Magician, Alexander the coppersmith, Esau, Jacob, etc. It does us no good to point to a specific wicked person in the Bible and stay focused on that one person. Because we all have sinned and fallen short of God's glory (Romans 3:23). We all need Christ as our Savior and Lord.

Shannon50

May 9, 2015
Correct me if I'm wrong (seriously), but I think these are the only spirits which have names in the Bible:

Legion (the demons who were torturing the man of Gadara as recorded in Matthew and Mark)

Although I'm not sure whether there is a specific Jezebel spirit or demon, I can say that when people act or behave in certain ways, it can be likened to Queen Jezebel. And we can also compare such behaviors to Ahab, Pharaoh, Haman, Herod, Judas, Cain, Michal (one of David's wives), Manasseh, Nebuchadnezzar, Belshazzar, Pontius Pilate, Simon the Magician, Alexander the coppersmith, Esau, Jacob, etc. It does us no good to point to a specific wicked person in the Bible and stay focused on that one person. Because we all have sinned and fallen short of God's glory (Romans 3:23). We all need Christ as our Savior and Lord.

I thought the demons were refered to as "legion" because there were many. It would make sense that Demons have names because they are fallen angels, and Angels have names. I agree with you that demons could be named by their attributes (and jezabelle has definitely been used to describe a woman of low morals) and when Jesus rebuked the evil spirit in Mark 9:25 by using the attributes, deaf and mute.

presidente

May 29, 2013
I need some advice on the Jezebel demon. I'm believe I'm doing what God wants but I don't think I alone can Braille this stuff
stuff
I believe that demons can influence people, if they let them. I believe in casting out demons. But I think a lot of this trying to diagnose which demon is at work or whatever it is, isn't that useful a lot of times. What made you be concerned about a certain type of demon causing trouble?

In a demon is actually manifesting in a person, like talking through them, then casting it out in Jesus' name (and/or getting some help from a fellow believer to do this) may be the way to go. But a lot of demonic influence can be countered through prayer, study of the word of God, speaking the word of God to others, and bringing one's thoughts captive to the obedience of Christ.

presidente

May 29, 2013
I just got the impression that he is attracted sexually to someone at work and he is not sure how to deal with it.
livingonfaith, your posting under an anonymous pseudonym, so if this is the case, please let us know.

E

ember

livingonfaith has left the room

maybe her job too....or not

MuchAfraid

Oct 5, 2011
Brother lester sumrall dealt with deliverance for a great many people. He wrote probably the most extensive works regarding demons and how they affect Christians. He had a great ministry and a wonderful heart for God. please look up what he as a man who dealt with the devil FIRST HAND and overcame many spiritual matters with great faith has to say. =)

May 30, 2015

There are many instances where demons give their names. I am witness to it.

Shannon50

May 9, 2015
livingonfaith, your posting under an anonymous pseudonym, so if this is the case, please let us know.
I'm not livingonfaith-- ?? I'm not sure what "job" I'm supposed to have??