Help! My friend wants an abortion.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 8, 2017
Christians should be more verbal and care a bit more about human life.

Apr 29, 2017
Pray for your friend that she would have a change of mind and of Fear disowning her child. She is a good woman just having so much fear of her situation and of the future. She seems not ready having a child. May GOD dispel every darkness in her and gave her the courage to see her child as precious as she is. Lord have mercy!

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
If she doesn't want kids, then she should get herself spayed to keep this from happening again...

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
hmm christians should care more about life eh.. some christians should turn off their brain more and see that we cannot force a person into OR out of anything. jeez such ignorance like we could take that woman and put her in a cage and make her keep the child.
Free will still applies even when it comes to the life of an innocent.
Of course we care for the baby but theres not a lot we can do. Commit it to God and see that the parents get to know about it.

M

Miri

Hi I agree with Demi, it's pointless discussing how to convince an unknown person
not to have an abortion, trying to figure out the motives of an unknown person,
making judgements about an unknown person and trying to assess the mental state of an
unknown person.

To the OP, I would suggest giving her your support whatever the choice she makes, she
will need it either way.

Pray for her, continue to show her Christian love.

If she has the baby she will need support, if she doesn't she will never forget her
actions and it will stay with her for the rest of her life. I have known a few
people in that situation. They never forget.

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
Yep also another thing is that the abortion laws in the US are absolutely horrendous. Here in Germany we have strict laws like your only allowed to abort in the first 3 months plus need to go through hearings and stuff with doctors and all to get it approved.
In the US you can just go abort anytime without restriction. gah I hate some things
Im sorry but come on. How hard is it to use a condom or get the pill or whatever.
There is so much you can do nowadays to protect yourself from getting pregnant..

Oh well. Hate the sin not the sinner. Be emotional support. If she gets an abortion, surely in a few years she will regret it bad, and she will need a friend to hold on to and cry with.
Its gets people when they least expect it

Hi I agree with Demi, it's pointless discussing how to convince an unknown person
not to have an abortion, trying to figure out the motives of an unknown person,
making judgements about an unknown person and trying to assess the mental state of an
unknown person.

To the OP, I would suggest giving her your support whatever the choice she makes, she
will need it either way.

Pray for her, continue to show her Christian love.

If she has the baby she will need support, if she doesn't she will never forget her
actions and it will stay with her for the rest of her life. I have known a few
people in that situation. They never forget.

Feb 5, 2017
Just be supportive, bring her to a positive and calm state of mind. When she comes to that place maybe she will change her mind, maybe she won't, but you can only be supportive in an effort to 'extend' the time of thinking about the right decision rather than make brash decisions based on fear, or the fear mongering of others like some here. You have to weigh the positives with the positives.

Having a child is life-changing, but of course it can be and usually is a wonderful thing which someone couldn't imagine it would have been. So the positive is a high probability.

Thinking that it will be the end of her free independent life, is true to a point, but as to what that life will be or whether it will be better having gone through with an abortion, is unknown. So the positive here is just down to chance.

If she has only just found out she is pregnant, then it is probably panic and shock, especially in the case of 'what will my parents think?' Usually we think they would think the worst, but in many cases where we think that, parents are actually supportive.

If she has a close and trusting relationship with her mum, then it would be good for her to tell her mum privately and ask advice, she will be surprised at the reaction. If she doesn't have this relationship, then that can be a challenging place to be, and the most positive support should come from her friends.

No-one wants to be confused with fear, and make the wrong decision out of fear. It is THAT which is often regretted and haunts a person in the future.

GOP

Jul 12, 2015
Tell her not to have an abortion and that JESUS loves her and that child in her womb is a blessing from HIM.. Tell her that abortion is a sin and those who commit such act are murderers.. Tell her that GOD knows what she is passing through and let her keep the child in her womb. Also tell her that the Child in her womb hasn't done anything wrong and that the Child is a blessing from GOD even though her act was wrong.

Tell her to trust in GOD because all things work together for good for those who love GOD.
If she does not want to take care of the child, let her give birth to the child and hand it to an orphanage or for adoption. There are so many people out there who will adopt the child and take care of him/her.

Socreta93

Jul 28, 2015
I'm pro-life but say support her since you can't force her to do anything. I do say try to find advantages of her keeping the baby instead of aborting it as an option for her to keep it

T

Tinuviel

I'm pro-life but say support her since you can't force her to do anything. I do say try to find advantages of her keeping the baby instead of aborting it as an option for her to keep it
Yes I agree. Let her know that even if you disagree with the decision, you still love and support her. This might be enough to give her the courage to allow the life within her to be born. If not, abortion is an emotional hell and she's shore gonna need your support.

GOP

Jul 12, 2015
I totally disagree with you Madam. It is not her choice because nobody have any right to take the life of another person. So, how can it be her choice to do that?

She's 20, an adult, so YES it is her choice. It's an immoral choice, but it's her choice, nonetheless. Though she sounds mentally ill, saying that the baby is just a clump of cells.. :/

shrimp

Aug 28, 2011
I totally disagree with you Madam. It is not her choice because nobody have any right to take the life of another person. So, how can it be her choice to do that?
the act of choosing to do right or wrong does not make the action right or wrong.

Nice_Lady

May 13, 2014
I dont think ur advice would help but u r obligated to tell her about the Lord and that sin brings fourth death

Dec 11, 2011
I'm sure it's been said, but would she consider adoption? That way she could have her career and the baby could live. But she's going to do whatever it is she wants to do anyway. Be supportive because I'm sure she needs a friend and not a nun