Help! Need some advice

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

John_44

Member
Feb 15, 2018
35
3
0
​Hello,
There are thousands of ways to try and talk about this, yet none of them would seem like the right way. I have been searching for a God, any God, any meaning behind life, i devoted the last 7 years of my life for that purpose and i finally found and accepted Jesus Christ as my lord and savior. It was a long road worthy of every second of research.
I’m finally a proud Christian and no day passes by without me crying from extreme joy that God has blessed me with the ability to hear and see him in my heart after all these years. I was born a Muslim yet somehow i was able to see lord Jesus despite of all the hatred i have been fed towards him, the road to jesus has taken me seven long years, so i decided i will completely devote my life to my lord and become a pastor, i will spread his word and make it reach lost kids because I wasn’t afford that, i wanna make these 7 years shorter for other lost children of God, only problem is that I’m an Egyptian lawyer and i know that i cant officially become a Christian without my life being ruined, i aspire to become a pastor yet I can’t even be formally baptized....talk about sarcasm
There’s only one thing harder than not being able to find God, it’s finding God and not being able to practice your faith...
Thus...... Here’s my dream, I’m compeletely letting go of My previous life and im going to join a Master of Divinity program in the US ( because if people in here knew i converted they might kill me or assault my family ) in order to become a pastor; However, I dont know if i will be allowed to serve God in any church, given my Arab-Muslim past?
i want to devote myself but is it legally allowed ?
Any advice ?
Am i naive or could I actually achieve my dream ?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lucy-Pevensie
Brother if there is a will there is a way and if God be for us who can be against us......if you really have trusted into the saving faith of Christ and are serious about your stance and service God will make a way for you and provide everything you need. We take for granted being able to serve God, go to church and witness about Jesus in the U.S. and for sure you will face more difficulties than we have here.....My prayer is that God will bless you and be with you my Egyptian friend.......
 
Thank you so much ! It means alot to recieve these words of encouragement, yet it means even more to receive those words from a veteran! I will serve God the best i can
 
May the Lord bless you brother, let Him lead you. How do you know He wants you to be a pastor? Look around and see if you can do an internship under a good pastor. I know a brother that did an intership under John Piper for a year after he had done his education. Do you know the doctrinal teachings you are in line with? You can look into the Acts 29 movement they are Church planting organization, I believe they help set-up interships as well.
 
I have a friend who is Egyptian and Christian and I think he is a lawyer too. I will ask him for advice and keep you in prayer.
 
t99zkluke1510b.png
 
​Hello,
There are thousands of ways to try and talk about this, yet none of them would seem like the right way. I have been searching for a God, any God, any meaning behind life, i devoted the last 7 years of my life for that purpose and i finally found and accepted Jesus Christ as my lord and savior. It was a long road worthy of every second of research.
I’m finally a proud Christian and no day passes by without me crying from extreme joy that God has blessed me with the ability to hear and see him in my heart after all these years. I was born a Muslim yet somehow i was able to see lord Jesus despite of all the hatred i have been fed towards him, the road to jesus has taken me seven long years, so i decided i will completely devote my life to my lord and become a pastor, i will spread his word and make it reach lost kids because I wasn’t afford that, i wanna make these 7 years shorter for other lost children of God, only problem is that I’m an Egyptian lawyer and i know that i cant officially become a Christian without my life being ruined, i aspire to become a pastor yet I can’t even be formally baptized....talk about sarcasm
There’s only one thing harder than not being able to find God, it’s finding God and not being able to practice your faith...
Thus...... Here’s my dream, I’m compeletely letting go of My previous life and im going to join a Master of Divinity program in the US ( because if people in here knew i converted they might kill me or assault my family ) in order to become a pastor; However, I dont know if i will be allowed to serve God in any church, given my Arab-Muslim past?
i want to devote myself but is it legally allowed ?
Any advice ?
Am i naive or could I actually achieve my dream ?
I would suggest you contact the Sunset International Bible Institute in Lubbock, Texas, USA.
 
The only thing I can tell you is to pray & ask God to show you what to do, for it's God's will that matters & not yours.

Discover God's will for your life, get it confirmed by another christian, preferably one that doesn't know you.

Once confirmed, go for it, full speed ahead.

You must be careful with your desires, for misguided zeal will trip you up.
 
I would suggest you contact the Sunset International Bible Institute in Lubbock, Texas, USA.
​There you go if you post something here there is usally someone that has imformation as to somewhere that you can get help.
 
Thanks everyone, I appreciate all of your kind words!
I followed the advices some of you have given me
In the end, what God wants will happen, and God will only want what is good for me