HELP PLEASE!!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

BLU

Banned
Jul 26, 2009
Thank you BLU for restating that and clarifying what you meant.

I think that you make the assumption though that she hasn't fully sought God in this, and I don't know how you can assume that from what little information she provided us.
That is why in the beggining I asked her for more information, But since she did not give it willingly, I use the bible about what is going on in the churches today. Falling over backward, miracles, and tongues all rolled up into one. (2Thes 2:9) [Even him], whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
Bible says on every point that falling over backward is slaying in the spirit, that is, when ever any context mentions falling over backward, it emphasizes ****ation, So it is considered Satanic in that sense Since it is the slaying of the spirit of truth and bringing one under subjection to false prophets and false pastors and misters. (2Thes 2:4) Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
(Rev 18:4) And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

Therefor, by staying in the church, one is in violation of Gods commandments.

We know this information to be accurate based on prophesy of Daniel and the seven seals that have been opened beggining in Rev 5.:)

W

whoopdardoo

I will try yo keep this short :)

I have been married for 16 years we have 3 children ages 16, 11, and 2. I ask my husband to leave 2 days ago. I have lived with domestic violence the entire 16 years. Most of the abuse was emotional some physical some sexual. After 16 years I just could not take it anymore. He agrees that he should be gone right now and being very compliant.
I have 4 very very wonderful christian friends and 1 set of our friends has taken him in. I have been given very wonderful advice the thing is as bad as this is going to sound I am so sick of hearing how God can fix this God fixed my marriage he can do anything. Just get deeper in your bible study, get christian counseling, pray and through all this God can make you love him.

Am i wrong to be thinking I am so sick of hearing what God can do......is that bad?:confused:

I am a christian I am actually a leader in my church...........this news has blown away the few that know.

Help please tell me what you think!
Getting yourself and your children out of a dangerous situation is a good thing. And all the advice you said you had received sounds like good advice. With your husband living somewhere else I am assuming the abuse has stopped. This is an answer to prayer. So you're probably wondering, what next? Please dont misunderstand what I'm about to say. I'm not assigning blame at all. Just a few things to think about while you're family is taking a break and before you make any decisions. Take this time of separation to find out why you chose someone who is abusive. Ask yourself, were your parents abusive, could this be something you were previously familiar with, was your husband abusive before you married, were his parents abusive, have you ever dated or married anyone else previously who was abusive? Sometimes we tend to lean toward the familiar or what we are used to without even realizing it. Take the time during separation to find out who you are and what you'd like the outcome to be and how did this all get started in the first place. Sometimes it's difficult for us to look at the situation objectively when we are smack dab in the middle of it. Take a deep breath, relax for a bit. Spend time with the children. And it's ok to tell others in a kind way you would rather not talk about the situation. Tell them you'd like to take a break from it. You know God is there and has all the answers. He promised to direct your steps. God's timing is perfect. (((((hugs)))))

J

Jem

Sunflower, first you need to know you are not alone. Just some of my history, I have been married for 15 years, i have 4 children- all boys. My husband is an abuser too. He only hit me a couple of times, thats crazy, he nver should have hit me once! He controlled me with ideas that i was doing wrong against God.Said i had a jezabel spirit. My church encouraged me never to leave him it is a sin against God. God never intented for me to be controlled or abused.Abuse never stops, it grows worse, UNLESS the abuser decides on own to stop it and gets real help. It is a choice they make, not an illness or an upbringing flaw. I prayed for six years God would stop my husband from hurting me, well, it has stopped. My husband realized i wasnt going to anable him to hurt me anymore, he is a cop...he falsely arrested me and removed me from my home and children. Please take abuse seriously, follow your own instinct, set up boundaries to what you will accept and what you wont. God calls you precious in His eyes. He calls your husband to Love you as Christ LOVES the church! Phone a womens shelter and ask to just talk to someone, it helps believe me, dont wait like i did, God got me out of there before i was seriously hurt but i should have done it years ago. I love my husband so much, i am learning to value myself as God does. Jesus died for YOU. You are of high value. I pray Jesus will hold you close and surround you with the love and support that is needed in this trying time. In Jesus Name, Amen! Take care, Jem

Aug 22, 2009
Sunflower. I learned a long time ago that when you ask some people for advice or help, they will immediately tell you God can help because they want to make you feel better in as few words as possible. It is true that God can help and restore all things as he wills, but I have learned and continue to learn to accept both the beautiful sayings and hard sayings of our faith. "The rain falls on the good and the bad." We as Christians should be able to endure suffering better than any in the world, because it is part of our faith, that we will face tribulations if we truly are followers of Christ. Sometimes what you need to hear and what you want to hear are not one and the same. I am not here to say your trials will disappear if you have more faith, if you read scripture more, if you pray more. I am here to encourage you in perseverance through difficult times and to be strengthened in the fact that your are within a long lineage of Christ's followers that endure suffering, and who will by no means lose their appointed reward in heaven.
The Lord be with you Sister in Christ

C

cornerstone

First of all, no woman should endure abuse of any kind for 16 years; why have you waited to protect yourself and your children for so long? Often, especially in leadership, playing the role, hiding behind a mask, or "perfection, everything is fine" is not only detrimental to you but definitely to your children. The Bible does not tell a woman she needs to stay in abuse, there is always distance and separation available for your protection. I applaud your movement now, but why so late?

And yes, God can fix things--in the big picture, but you are not dealing with the big picture right now, you are dealing with protecting yourself and your children. I am not talking divorce, I am talking a protective distance, which you should have done, so the benefit of your kids a long time ago. But...that is water under the bridge. You have to give yourself permission to take care of yourself now and your kids. Reconciling in an abusive situation is wrong,
unless the abuse stops and only Christ can do that in your husband.

Will Christ give you the strength to take care of yourself and your kids; yes? Will He provide for you; yes! But you have to have the strength to call wrong, wrong and stay with your choice to protect yourself in this situation. Will continue to pray for you and your future decisions on behalf of your kids. They have been exposed to too much already, it is time for all of you to heal, away from the environment of abuse. Hang in there.

S

SimpleyLovely

I will try yo keep this short :)

I have been married for 16 years we have 3 children ages 16, 11, and 2. I ask my husband to leave 2 days ago. I have lived with domestic violence the entire 16 years. Most of the abuse was emotional some physical some sexual. After 16 years I just could not take it anymore. He agrees that he should be gone right now and being very compliant.
I have 4 very very wonderful christian friends and 1 set of our friends has taken him in. I have been given very wonderful advice the thing is as bad as this is going to sound I am so sick of hearing how God can fix this God fixed my marriage he can do anything. Just get deeper in your bible study, get christian counseling, pray and through all this God can make you love him.

Am i wrong to be thinking I am so sick of hearing what God can do......is that bad?:confused:

I am a christian I am actually a leader in my church...........this news has blown away the few that know.

Help please tell me what you think!
If you have honestly sought out what you were suppose to do from God before you made the decision to leave your husband then you have nothing to worry about as far as wondering if God will provide a way for you to fall back in love with your husband. There is a difference between wanting solutions and just wanting to be heard. It sounds like you just want to be heard and space to heal and get over your failed marriage. You are not obligated to reconcile with your husband just because of advice from a friend. If I was in your situation I would politely tell my friends that I am comfortable with my decision to remove myself from a relationship that might end in serious injury or even death. If they can't respect you for standing by your decision then you need to look at them in a different light. You don't need to end your friendships with them, but just take into account that at the end of the day it would be you that would have to wake up to his face every morning.

C

contessa

Oh to have been in that situation for 16 yrs,...you are one tough lady. I can share with you a similar situation with my aunt who was married for 20 yrs...She a christian and her husband not. She knew right from the start that she was unequally yoke with her husband and yet went on with the marriage. She told me that she havent really prayed about such union for she was in love. She suffered alright. For 18 yrs she suffered physical and verbal abuse. Her children were witnesses to it too. Her husband was a drug addict and when he was not sober (which was often), he would shout at my aunt or kick her. She would go into therapy for abuse women. When we had the chance to talk over long distance call, she would tell me that prayers keep her hopes up..She would pray unceasingly for a change in her life. Yes, they got divorced. But that wasnt the answer to her prayer. After 3 yrs, her husband came back, sober, discovered his love for the Lord and realized that it was my aunt's love that kept him going..clean.
God's miracles never end. Just be right with God and pray unceasingly.
God bless you. Be praying for you.