Help Solve the Riddle of the Last Days of Israel per the Prophet Daniel

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
For what it's worth, this what Sir Isaac Newton thought...

"And when it came to predicting the end of the world, Sir Isaac Newton was just as precise. He believed the Apocalypse would come in 2060 – exactly 1,260 years after the foundation of the Holy Roman Empire, according to a recently published letter.Jun 18, 2007"

https://www.standard.co.uk/hp/front/the-world-will-end-in-2060-according-to-newton-7254673.html
What if we counted from the foundation of the Dome of the Rock? 689ad-ish?

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Sir Isaac Newton's conclusion at 2060 is probably the most Protestant view, that is for sure. I think it has some merit, but it's just a view point at this stage.

It's the year 5783 on the Jewish calendar and some think the Lord will return around year 6,000, then 1,000 year Sabbath. This goes along with the Genesis Chapter 1 view point.

I thought you were hoarding all the aluminum foil?!?! lol I need some to make hats to maintain my status in the conspiracy clubs that I'm in. You have to be fashionable, dont'cha know?!?!

By the way, are you in Gary tied to the hip?
Gary and I share some escatalogical beliefs but differ on others.
I think people are too myopic in their study and believe taking a grander view would be helpful.
I am curious...how long ago do you believe creation was?

Oh...and Gary seems like a great guy. I wouldn't mind sharing a beverage with him but a hip seems like a little too much commitment.

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
What if we counted from the foundation of the Dome of the Rock? 689ad-ish?
I think the Dome of the Rock isn't on the Temple Mount, but that's just my view point. I believe the Dome of the Rock is on an old Roman Fort. Could be wrong, could be right. This isn't my expertise.

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
Gary and I share some escatalogical beliefs but differ on others.
I think people are too myopic in their study and believe taking a grander view would be helpful.
I am curious...how long ago do you believe creation was?

Oh...and Gary seems like a great guy. I wouldn't mind sharing a beverage with him but a hip seems like a little too much commitment.
I might answer your Genesis question...maybe.

Listen here Sir Cameron of CC. I think it's only fair that you start sharing, I'm not on trial at the moment. lol You pretty much dodged the riddle question and haven't shared any of your views so far in prophecy. So.....

Sounds like you and Gary are good buds. How sweet! :)

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
I think the Dome of the Rock isn't on the Temple Mount, but that's just my view point. I believe the Dome of the Rock is on an old Roman Fort. Could be wrong, could be right. This isn't my expertise.
Just saying, the most "radical" are renown for beheading Christians. I really don't understand why the term "radical" has been adopted in regard to them. It's likened to claiming the most devout believers in Christ are "radical Christians."

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
I might answer your Genesis question...maybe.

Listen here Sir Cameron of CC. I think it's only fair that you start sharing, I'm not on trial at the moment. lol You pretty much dodged the riddle question and haven't shared any of your views so far in prophecy. So.....

Sounds like you and Gary are good buds. How sweet! :)
Oh you crack me up.
I'll point you in the right direction.

Some things that are true:
...Everything God does He is doing for His glory.
...It was God's desire to create the earth and fill it with His glory.
...To that end, God made Adam and Eve in His image and commanded them to be fruitful and multiply.
...As Adam and Eve fulfilled this command, the image of God in them would be in their offspring. As the number of people increased, the image of God, and thus the glory of God, would fill the earth.

But then that nasty little sin entered in and the image of God was corrupted in mankind. The remainder of history is about how God is accomplishing His original goal.
So you tell me, how is God doing that?

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
Oh you crack me up.
I'll point you in the right direction.

Some things that are true:
...Everything God does He is doing for His glory.
...It was God's desire to create the earth and fill it with His glory.
...To that end, God made Adam and Eve in His image and commanded them to be fruitful and multiply.
...As Adam and Eve fulfilled this command, the image of God in them would be in their offspring. As the number of people increased, the image of God, and thus the glory of God, would fill the earth.

But then that nasty little sin entered in and the image of God was corrupted in mankind. The remainder of history is about God is accomplishing His original goal.
So you tell me, how is God doing that?
Cameron you would make a good politician. lol

That question would make a good thread...hint hint.

I do have a crow bar and will get your views of the topic in this thread, one way, or the other! lol

One way or another..... Sounds like a song..Yes?

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Cameron you would make a good politician. lol

That question would make a good thread...hint hint.

I do have a crow bar and will get your views of the topic in this thread, one way, or the other! lol

One way or another..... Sounds like a song..Yes?
I'm glad to share but I'm not keen on an eschatological thread for me.
As a teacher, I have found people accept answers more readily when they come to them themselves. So you give a little, you get a little.
I'm constantly amazed at the wisdom of Jesus as He asked and answered questions. The way He opened people up within their own assumptions is simply incredible.
And yes...it does sound like a song. Can you hum a few bars for me?

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
It's possible, that we are the last generation, before the LORD returns, but historically, many people thought the same thing.
It depends on what you mean by "the Lord's return". If it is a reference to the Resurrection/Rapture that is entirely possible, but that still leaves many others on earth. And no one really knows if there is a time gap between the Rapture and the reign of the Antichrist and how long that is. It is assumed that it would follow immediately, and that may well be the case but we do not know exactly. However. the Second Coming of Christ comes after both (a) the Tribulation, (b) the Great Tribulation, and (c) cataclysmic cosmic events -- "the shaking" of the heavens and the earth.

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
It depends on what you mean by "the Lord's return". If it is a reference to the Resurrection/Rapture that is entirely possible, but that still leaves many others on earth. And no one really knows if there is a time gap between the Rapture and the reign of the Antichrist and how long that is. It is assumed that it would follow immediately, and that may well be the case but we do not know exactly. However. the Second Coming of Christ comes after both (a) the Tribulation, (b) the Great Tribulation, and (c) cataclysmic cosmic events -- "the shaking" of the heavens and the earth.
And it also depends if you believe in pretribulation rapture, right? I personally don't.

Agree on the time of the second coming of Jesus though.

I really wish pastors would just say, read Chapter 24, if you want to know about the end times. It would of helped a lot more than showing a Kirk Cameron movie, but that's just my perspective.

Mathew 24:29-31

The Coming of the Son of Man

29 “Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken.

30 Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

31 And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His [d]elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Marilyn

Jul 27, 2021
Marilyn=Sorry Sister Im working only with the numbers from Daniel 9 and chapter 12, maybe start a new thread to discuss your ideas
That is what I posted. As the 1,335th day is the 15th of Adar, national celebrations then I thought people would like the Jewish calendar in relation to our calender.

Note: 1,260, 1,290 and 1,335 are taken from the A/C.

7. Daysontimeline..jpg

Marilyn

Jul 27, 2021
He makes the wrong assumption that the end of the 1,290 days is the end of the trib, when it is the end of the A/D.

`And from the time that the daily sacrifice is taken away, and the abomination of desolation is set up, there shall be 1,290 days.` (Dan. 12: 11)

Thus, in context to the sacrifice and A/D set up in the Temple (till it is cleansed) there will be 1,290 days. That is the end of the 7 years. The trib, is cut short and before that. (Matt. 24: 22)

oyster67

May 24, 2014
What's the riddle again?

I honestly don't know what you are trying to solve. Need more details.

What do you think, then maybe we might know what the riddle is?

It's just prophecy. Some prefer to call it riddle. What seems to confuse many is that some prophecies can have multiple fulfillments over time. I believe that the primary fulfillment of these passages in question will occur in the time period between the Rapture and the Second Coming, which is seven years. As brother @Nehemiah6 mentioned, much of this is reiterated in the middle portion of Revelation.

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest
read Chapter 24, if you want to know about the end times. It would of helped a lot more than showing a Kirk Cameron movie
Of course UNinspired movies are not needed, and there is much More Rightly
Divided [ Inspired ]Scripture than just Mat 24 to get to The Truth, eh?:

Great Grace Departure

Amen.

Bruce_Leiter

Feb 17, 2023
The angel gave the Prophet Daniel prophecy concerning end time events that deal with Israel

Day 0----------Antichrist make a covenant with many--- Dan 9:27
Day 1260---- -Antichrist takes seat in temple of God----Dan. 9:27 & 2 Thess 2
Day 1290------Placement of Abomination that causes desolation Dan. 12:11
Day 1335------Blessed Day Dan 12:12
Day 2520------( 7 years) End of Tribulation

Consider the feast days,3 major feasts, Day of the Lord which takes place after the Antichrist takes seat in Temple of God 2 Thess 2, Dan 2:44
I think the solution to the riddle will be made clear after Jesus returns.

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
Oh...and Gary seems like a great guy.
Thank you very much. I appreciate the encouragement.

It is nice when people can see past their disagreement with you to notice that you - just like them - have a soul, a sense of humor - stuff like that - you know - that you are a real-and-decent human being - even if you believe things a bit differently...

I wouldn't mind sharing a beverage with him but a hip seems like a little too much commitment.
I agree with you - beverage: good idea (y) :cool: - hip: not necessary... :p

:D

:coffee:

oyster67

May 24, 2014
When is the abomination of desolation set up?
Revelation 13
5And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.
6And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.
7And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
8And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
9If any man have an ear, let him hear.