Help strengthen my faith

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

HugBug

Apr 29, 2019
So recently, my faith has been waning a little and I need some help to strengthen my faith again. Please send me anything you think could help strengthen my faith.. I can’t live even a day in doubt I feel so disconnected and unimportant thinking that there is a chance that our God isn’t actually there. Can someone please also explain to me why there are craters on so many planets and where they came from and where all the asteroids came from? Because I’m struggling a bit, I’m only fourteen, the bible says the universe is 6000 years old and yet there is so much evidence which says it’s not. Help me please😢 I prayed to God that he would strengthen my faith a few minutes ago and I trust he will. But I hate doubting even for a few seconds 😢

theanointedwinner

Nov 6, 2018
Our nerve ending, fibers and the nervous system is connected to this "me", yet this me is not a physical nerve nor a physical bundle of nerve, even if we guess that it's like the most sensitive nerve possible

Which makes us believe that we have a non physical soul

Therefore, the spiritual exist

theanointedwinner

Nov 6, 2018
Let's try another one,

What is the least amount of neuron or brain cell does it take to create consciousness capable of self awareness?

Clearly, more than one or two

Therefore, multiple irreducibly complex number of neurons

Irreducible complexity exist

Irreducible complexity implies intent of higher intelligence, or intelligent design, hence God

theanointedwinner

Nov 6, 2018
If you have questions about my evidence that try to prove God and spirit, please ask away

May my evidence help your faith

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
So recently, my faith has been waning a little and I need some help to strengthen my faith again. Please send me anything you think could help strengthen my faith.. I can’t live even a day in doubt I feel so disconnected and unimportant thinking that there is a chance that our God isn’t actually there. Can someone please also explain to me why there are craters on so many planets and where they came from and where all the asteroids came from? Because I’m struggling a bit, I’m only fourteen, the bible says the universe is 6000 years old and yet there is so much evidence which says it’s not. Help me please😢 I prayed to God that he would strengthen my faith a few minutes ago and I trust he will. But I hate doubting even for a few seconds 😢
Not all Christians believe in a 6000 year old earth or universe. Personally i find the notion contradictory to God's 'personality'. Christians who believe in a 6000 year old earth often try to claim those who disagree are not saved, don't fall for that. It's manipulative.

Also you need to learn that doubt isn't bad. When Apostle Thomas doubted Jesus resurrection, until he saw Jesus with his own eyes, and felt Jesus' wounds with his own hands, Jesus did not condemn him. He actually called Thomas blessed, still.
Doubt leads to seeking, seeking can lead to answers, answers can lead to a greater faith. Doubting is not a sin.

Oct 9, 2019
On the creation theory, that's a good question but perhaps a better one would be, " Why is an alternative History of our Origin and that of all of GOD's Creation so readily accepted by our world today " ?

As a follower of Jesus Christ, you need to always remember Apostle Paul's words (Ephesians 6 : 12) about our constant battle as Christians, ....... not against FLESH but against POWERS and PRINCIPALITIES (which are just fancy names for DEMONS and FALLEN ANGELS) .....

The enemy of our souls is always looking to sow confusion among us Humans and explain away any of GOD's works in our lives and our environment. As an example; Consider the Dinosaurs: we know that they once existed because we have the evidence through the discovery of their bones as fossils.

But, with this new and confusing information for you as a Christian, you need to shape your view and understanding of the world in accordance with the Holy Scriptures, so that when a Scientist tells you that Dinosaurs existed millions of years ago you compare it to Scripture that tells us that GOD CREATED ALL THINGS, THEY DID NOT EVOLVE FROM AN ORGANIC SOUP !!!!!

Remember the tale of Noah's Flood, we know that GOD wiped away every living thing from this planet - that may have included Dinosaurs, which maybe were deemed unworthy of salvation. Always be suspicious of the ways of this world and it's eventual end-goal, which is to make you question GOD and his Goodness. Keep yourself pure in Thought and in Deed for if OUR GOD has not chosen to reveal all HIS MYSTERIES to us, we should walk in Faith that HE Called us into Communion with HIM and that one day all things will be revealed to us who follow HIM.

M

morefaithrequired

more faith required sir

Oct 9, 2019
On the creation theory, that's a good question but perhaps a better one would be, " Why is an alternative History of our Origin and that of all of GOD's Creation so readily accepted by our world today " ?

As a follower of Jesus Christ, you need to always remember Apostle Paul's words (Ephesians 6 : 12) about our constant battle as Christians, ....... not against FLESH but against POWERS and PRINCIPALITIES (which are just fancy names for DEMONS and FALLEN ANGELS) .....

The enemy of our souls is always looking to sow confusion among us Humans and explain away any of GOD's works in our lives and our environment. As an example; Consider the Dinosaurs: we know that they once existed because we have the evidence through the discovery of their bones as fossils.

But, with this new and confusing information for you as a Christian, you need to shape your view and understanding of the world in accordance with the Holy Scriptures, so that when a Scientist tells you that Dinosaurs existed millions of years ago you compare it to Scripture that tells us that GOD CREATED ALL THINGS, THEY DID NOT EVOLVE FROM AN ORGANIC SOUP !!!!!

Remember the tale of Noah's Flood, with the exception of the creatures on the Ark, we know that GOD wiped away every living thing from this planet once upon a time - that may have included Dinosaurs, which maybe HE deemed unsuitable for the new world he would later create after the Flood.

Always be suspicious of the ways of this world and it's eventual end-goal, which is to make you as a Christian - question GOD, His Works and His Goodness.

Keep yourself Pure in Thought and in Deeds for if OUR GOD has not chosen to reveal all HIS MYSTERIES to us, we should choose to walk in Faith that HE Loves Us and has Called us into Communion with HIM so that one day all things will be revealed to us who follow HIM.

Be Blessed.
A.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
Well, have you looked into old earth creation theories?

I suppose when you think about time just understand that we have limitations on how "big" we can view it.

A million years? Nonsense. How could a being that at most would be limited to 120 years (even considering the fact that people lived close to 1,000) conceptualize a million. It can't. Ludicrous to even presume that.

The numbers that are bandied about just seem childish. The earth is "x miles" from the sun...oh is that all? Is it really that far? I don't know I haven't traveled it, but with a bit of science I am certain it is so, although I cannot practically show you, just believe it.

^distance is a little more concrete than time. When people try and say they know exactly how old the earth is or our universe, it just sounds silly to my ears. Are you sure?

Any rational scientist will tell you that most things in the scientific field are "educated guesses" due to the limited scope and our limitations. The fact that new information is presented every day should make anyone leery of accepting "science" as fact that could somehow impact your belief system.

I also find it logical that the Lord could have easily created the illusion of time. Why would he do this is a good question. A few answers...because he can. in order to necessitate faith despite "evidence". Also potentially that time works differently in different places.

I personally don't think 6 day creation is really something that should affect your faith much at all from the simple fact that no one else knows either. They only have theories.

When you get down to the simplicity of our rational minds like I said vaguely...we don't know. It is inconceivable, but that's where faith comes in.

The creation account beginning in John 1:1 is all that really matters, everything else stems from there. Let me know if I can be of further existence.

Strengthening your faith comes from scripture. Ask the Lord to open your eyes as you are reading :)

3angelsmsg

Mar 1, 2018
Hi please have a look at this presentation on creation and evolution pretty good.

I would advise you to ask God for wisdom and understanding. Matt 7:7

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
request this book from a Library.

Christian View of Science and Scripture by Bernard Ramm

Nov 25, 2019
There's nothing wrong with taking an interest in astronomy or science in general, just make sure it's not the "social sciences". Science is just the study of God's workings. Faith and Science don't have to be mutually exclusive, that's a misnomer that has only arisen in the post modern era.

M

MegMarch

It looks like this thread got bumped. Here is a succinct, 6 min. video by Dr. Frank Turek who addresses what the Bible says about the age of the earth.