Help.

  • Thread starter Thread starter pancake
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
P

pancake

Guest
Hey. I'm going through some tough time right now and I need prayer really bad and so here I am. lol Anyways, three years ago I had the idea that I was a homosexual. I convinced my self from what people said about me and what I had thought of myself, having no clue what I was getting myself into. I danced to that beat for a while until last year when I saw that what I had made for myself wasn't what God wanted for me. I know that there's a lot of controversy with the idea of whether or not it is okay to be a homosexual and be a Christian. I can only say that when I thought it over I had a strong feeling that it wasn't something I was made to be. So since last July I've been praying over this and trying to find my way back on my path that He designed for me, but I've stumbled plenty on my way. At times it seems so easy, but other times it's like I'm drowning in this mess I created. I can't seem to get this thing off of me and I believe in the power of prayer. So please, pray for me. Thank you. God Bless.

P.S. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as well.
 
Bless your heart young man, I have already prayed for you. I dont think that this is what God intended for us and in our walk with God we have the Holy Spirit to guide and direct our path. It would seem to me that you are in tune with what the Lord intends for you. My advice would be to continue to listen to that still small voice that you would make Gods will your choice. (I paraphrase a poem by D. DeHaan) Also, keep the word of God present in your daily life... even if its just a bit a day its so important.
 
Thank you very much for your advice. I found it very encouraging and inspiring. :) God bless the both of you.
 
God loves "homosexuals" just like he loves everyone else.

Mess eh?

I'm not sure what you are going through, but man don't judge yourself. That's God's job, and if you are seeking him in prayer it isn't something that he is going to exercise. There are lots of sins. Homosexual desires are only one of them. Don't buy in to the special brand of hatred.

You came here, and asked for prayer. Your heart must be in the right place. Stay prayerful, and think about the reasons behind why living God's law makes sense. That is sometimes called "meditating on the law".

Also, praising God is a big deal. Sometimes just taking the time to praise Him as a form of prayer will gain some of His attention. His thoughts towards you are righteous. Healing and right living will probably come slowly, but we are told to be "steadfast".
 
I am praying for you as we speak. I know that God will lead you in the right path. You are an awesome person in Gods eyes and you are an awesome person in my eyes! Keep reading his word and praying. There is power in prayer :)

God bless you!
Andrea
 
Hey. I'm going through some tough time right now and I need prayer really bad and so here I am. lol Anyways, three years ago I had the idea that I was a homosexual. I convinced my self from what people said about me and what I had thought of myself, having no clue what I was getting myself into. I danced to that beat for a while until last year when I saw that what I had made for myself wasn't what God wanted for me. I know that there's a lot of controversy with the idea of whether or not it is okay to be a homosexual and be a Christian. I can only say that when I thought it over I had a strong feeling that it wasn't something I was made to be. So since last July I've been praying over this and trying to find my way back on my path that He designed for me, but I've stumbled plenty on my way. At times it seems so easy, but other times it's like I'm drowning in this mess I created. I can't seem to get this thing off of me and I believe in the power of prayer. So please, pray for me. Thank you. God Bless.

P.S. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as well.
There are ministries that will help you. A very good one is Exodus. If you are interested, I can get you the contact info.
 
You are SO VERY AWESOME!!
What an amazing journey you are on and an amazing choice to choose to receive the Truth, Jesus Christ, your Redeemer!
I am so proud of you, my brother in Christ. WOW, If I could only hug you now, I'd hold you in my arms and sing praises to God for the gift you are to all of us. Yes, continue to seek the Lord in His Word, in prayer, in quiet-all-alone Worship, and Fasting for freedom from the very real spiritual chains that bind you. (Remember Ephesians 6:10-20= our battle isn't physical, but spiritual.)
The King and Lord of your heart, knows your pain, your weariness and will keep you, -if you let him- until His return. Each time the enemy whispers calls to your mind, call out to your Creator and ask Him for Divine intervention, Power to stand up under the weight of sin, and freedom from it. Each time the sin beckons you, it will become weaker.

James 4:7 Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Claim the promices of Psalm 1 especially, "And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper."
HUGS!!!
-Love ya, am so very proud of you
PS a great fasting resource are books written by Jendezen Franklin and his website
 
Last edited:
Thank you Elle and Andrea! I'm finding it harder and harder to face everyday, but I'm gonna fight it with all I got til the end! I would love the contact info. Is it free or is there a fee?