Help

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Steph1512

Dec 22, 2017
Please pray for me, I don’t understand God anymore. I have no favor in any area of my life, I can’t seem to get better no matter how hard I try. I am broke, with two kids, living at my parents with my verbally and physically abusive dad. I cry out to god, I ask him for a better job for more money and to move out but it seems like he keeps me in the spot I’m at now ... I want to kill my self sometimes. It’s just not worth living anymore.

S

Sweetmorningdew78

Heavenly FATHER I lift up to you my sister Steph...please strengthen her and give her hope that everything will turn out right the way you have planned....I have faith that you can do more than we could ever guess in her life...Thank you Lord for hearing my prayer in Jesus gracious name!amen!

Hang in there sis...God is working...we can't read God's future plans for you but HE has a good plan for you...for what we can't see God can see...and for every trial God has a purpose in it...just keep going sis...don't give up one day you'll look back and you will be glad you didnt give up...:)

God bless you and your family ❤

crmvet

Jul 4, 2013
Psalm 18:28

stand2

Dec 6, 2017
Hi Steph, First, I want to tell you that I am a suicide survivor. Forget the details.........what is important to let you know is without God, many of us would not be here today. God does not "keep" us in one spot........He keeps us safe as we step out in faith, knowing He will never leave us or forsake us, no matter what. Allow God to take charge of your WHOLE life. Pray constantly for His guidance and listen carefully for His voice. Satan wants us to turn away from God, and is when we are at our weakest point that he tries to step in with all sorts of temptation. If he convinces you to take your life, he gains your soul and control of your children. He has much to gain from your failure................It's time to put on the "armor" and do battle. Step out in faith, knowing God will protect you and guide you to a higher place. Be strong for those two babies, knowing you are the most important chance they have at succeeding in life. You know you must leave the place you are living at now. Don't ask "where will I go ?". Ask God to show you.......then start looking.......you'll see. Father in Heaven, we humbly pray for our, Steph, who needs Your loving hand to lift her up and guide her to higher ground. We pray for her safety and the safety of her two precious babies as she seeks to better her life. Bless her abundantly, Lord, with the strength she needs to gain a better life and a closer walk with You. We ask these things in the name of our Savior, who is Christ our Lord......AMEN.................................you may message me if you need to.....

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
You won't get any sympathy from me on the "I want to kill myself" part. I've been there, tried that many many times...

It's tough living at home with your parents. I know, I lived with mine until I was 21. Then I lived with them again for a couple months after I got evicted from my apartment.

Maybe God does have you where you are now for a reason. You just need to stop thinking selfishly about killing yourself, because then what would happen to your kids? Keep praying and trust that God knows what He's doing. :)

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Lord bless Steph1512 and this prayer. In Jesus loving name, Amen!

D

Depleted

Please pray for me, I don’t understand God anymore. I have no favor in any area of my life, I can’t seem to get better no matter how hard I try. I am broke, with two kids, living at my parents with my verbally and physically abusive dad. I cry out to god, I ask him for a better job for more money and to move out but it seems like he keeps me in the spot I’m at now ... I want to kill my self sometimes. It’s just not worth living anymore.
430 <----------the number of years between God promising Abram he would be a father of a nation and the fruition of that promise.

17 <-------- the number of years between God promising Abram he would be a father and the fruition that Abraham had that promised son.

1985 and counting <--------- the number of years believers have been waiting for Jesus return.

5 <---------- the number of years it took hubby and I from pennyless and foreclosure to treading water, but still owning our home.

13 and no longer counting, because we're happy just to still be here together <----------- the number of years we've been broke, and yet enjoying the 20,000 ways God has taken care of us anyway.

Stop assuming God isn't hearing. Stop assuming God doesn't care about you.

START thanking him for what he HAS already given you -- two kids and parents nice enough to let you come home with your children when you had no other place to go.

Start thinking this is about his glory too.

Start thinking about your two kids.

You have been given responsibilities above and beyond you. So, start taking that to the Lord, instead of keeping yourself in the middle of this.

I know, I know. You're thinking, "But you don't understand." Want to bet? Here are two posts on here about what God has taken us through. It's not easy. It also takes a lot of time to figure out what God was doing all along. But you've only started this hard journey. Not the time to give up. (Also, definitely not the time to be so inwardly focus that the only thing you can think and do is you-focused. When are you going to join in rather than use this site as your personal prayer request center only? Have you not noticed? Others are going through worse! They could use your help too.)

http://christianchat.com/prayer-requests/126891-need-prayer-now.html

http://christianchat.com/testimonies/158273-act-god-photos-part-1-a.html

JackieJ

Aug 29, 2017
Thank you for reaching out and sharing your struggles and your challenges. Sometimes God's ways are so difficult to understand, but that is when we must lean into Him and trust Him all the more. His ways are so much higher than ours. I am so sorry that your living conditions put you in a place in which you are abused. I pray that God will provide a place for you to live that is peaceful and safe for you and your 2 children. I pray that God give you guidance and reveal the steps that He wants you to take in finding a better job in order to be able to have the finances to provide for your family. I pray that He opens up doors for you and that He also opens your eyes to see the doors that He has opened for you. Do you have a home church? You may be able to get some support through a loving and caring church community. I pray that if you do not have a home church, that God would provide one. I pray that you will receive supernatural strength and hope to continue on the path and journey that He has for you. Where there is faith, there is hope, and where there is hope, there is everything. I pray these things in the name of Jesus. Amen!

KBond

Jun 5, 2013
Lord, Please lift up Your daughter Steph and let her feel Your Presence. Give her joy in her situation and open pathways for a better life. Help her to lean on You as her true and good Father. Send Christian friends to come alongside her and speak the words You would say to her so that she can know You care deeply for her and love her. In Christ's Name, Amen.

KALYNA18

Oct 25, 2016
YOu know the devil and his kingdom come to rob steal and destroy people's lives. The bible says take the sword which is the WORD and bring these thoughts into captivity and slay them, not your own life. The spirit of discouragement is upon many, and don't listen to lies from hell. The book of Psalms says this, God's favor is upon you all your life, as long as you live. Psalm 50 Read it claim it, and don't dwell in the darkness, the word is a light unto our feet, and a light unto our path. He will provide. Ask Jesus to be your savior, if you already didn't. God Bless you.