HELP

  • Thread starter Thread starter friendgirl
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
F

friendgirl

Guest
So in most issues I would just talk to my leader in church but this is really embarrassing. So my boyfriend and I have been celibate for 62 days now. Both of us are committed and know the limits of our relationship. Now here's the embarrassing part. I don't know what to do about my sex drive. I can't just get rid of it. Sometimes I wish I could. I just get horny sometimes I can't help it, it's human nature. And then when I even stop myself from getting horny, I get extremely sexually frustrated. I'm very grumpy. Maybe my sex drive is still controlling me. If so, how do I stop it? How do I deal with it? I don't know if masturbating is the answer. I'm sorry to come to you, but I just can't find the answer and it's too embarrassing to ask in person.
 
If you find the magic answer, please let me know as well.

Far as masturbation goes, that will be a debate. Some say it's wrong. Some say it's ok. Some say it's ok in marriage (with each other), but not single.
Also, sometimes it can help. But it can backfire as well and increase the desire. I think that's more of a long term effect, because, well, at first it helps to relieve the 'pressure' then over time your body realizes it's being tricked hahaha. But if you don't do it too often that may not be a big issue.

People will tell you things to try. Keep busy, read your bible, pray, etc.. and these things may help to a degree. But not always viable options.
This seems to be part of living as a Christian. Having those desires and trying to figure out how to deal with them.

Well, as i said, if you find out the magic trick, please let me know. haha
 
I think that spending your time reading the Bible, praying, having hobbies, not being alone with your boyfriend will help a lot. If you are alone with him those desires will increase but if you keep your mind busy doing somethingyou both enjoy in group will help. Most importantly keep in minf that who you want to please is God and he died for you so you gotta commit your mind, body and soul for him
 
and dont do anything that you will regret in the future, what if that person is not the one you are going to marry at the end
 
Thats natural but I advice you share with respected elderly ppl they can help you out you will be surprise. Pls dont be shy open up to them
 
Hi there, you are not the only one in this world experiencing the same thing. It is a natural act that certain hormones in your body will create, and it could be very embarrassing and frustrating at times. There are a couple of things you can do but before you do it, just remember that your body is the temple of God. That is so important to remember. God stays as the Holy Spirit in you. If you defile that temple, God will not be excited and believe me, you do not want to do that because as soon as you do that, Satan has got his foot in the door of that temple and to get rid of that wicked beast is a huge problem. The best solution is to speak to God right now, go down on your knees and ask God to 'control your mind and your deeds every split second of this day' and He will, if you are really earnestly about this whole issue. Trust and believe in God so much that you know that He will hear and answer your prayer and honor your request. You are His creation and He loves you and He will help you. Every time that sex urge comes into you, remember and think about your prayer and trust and believe in God that He will remove it from you immediately, and He will. In the beginning it will be hard but as time go by, this feeling will subside. Keep the temple of God clean. It will also be at this point where you will really experience the strength of prayer because God will answer earnest believers' immediately. I will also pray for you. Have a blessed Sabbath today.
 
Nel3;bt8964 said:
I think that spending your time reading the Bible, praying, having hobbies, not being alone with your boyfriend will help a lot. If you are alone with him those desires will increase but if you keep your mind busy doing somethingyou both enjoy in group will help. Most importantly keep in minf that who you want to please is God and he died for you so you gotta commit your mind, body and soul for him

Honestly Alone time has never been a problem for us. We love each other very much but we both love God more than each other. I know how to say no. That is not the issue. It's just my human instinct of being sexual. There is no way to deny the fact that people are born sexual.