I have been struggling with this for a while and have googled many answers and videos but only a few are based on what Christians should believe / what the Bible says, if it does.
My question is basically in the title.
1. Is it okay to feel good after helping others.
2. Is it okay to help others because it feels good.
As sinful human beings from what I understand and what I feel, we want to feel good, or happy.
If 1 is okay what is "stopping" someone from wanting that feeling back again.
I am just struggling with this, cause if I don't help with something / or help someone that needs help, but am doing so cause I feel I need to turn away from selfish desires of happiness/compassion, who is going to help them then?
I hope what I say makes sense. If not please allow me to clarify.
Thanks.
My question is basically in the title.
1. Is it okay to feel good after helping others.
2. Is it okay to help others because it feels good.
As sinful human beings from what I understand and what I feel, we want to feel good, or happy.
If 1 is okay what is "stopping" someone from wanting that feeling back again.
I am just struggling with this, cause if I don't help with something / or help someone that needs help, but am doing so cause I feel I need to turn away from selfish desires of happiness/compassion, who is going to help them then?
I hope what I say makes sense. If not please allow me to clarify.
Thanks.