Here I am

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Peaceful1z

Oct 12, 2018
I've been here before, but wasn't sure that it was the place I needed to be. I am a married Christian woman. I'm not sure what I expect from this. I know that I am at a point where I need to be in contact with other Christians. I am in an uncomfortable place in my marriage. I can't really talk about it in my family, it just makes them worry. Largely it's a marriage of necessity at the moment. This is my 2nd marriage. My first marriage (1983 - 2000) was difficult. We were very young, had 4 children right away (by the time I was 22) and eventually he cheated-I told him not to come home, and that was that. It was difficult because of the children. They were 9-12 at that time and it was very hard on them. That happened in March, I was in college by August and became a nurse. I was so blessed during that time.. I mean, really, I am still blessed now. I have a wonderful family. But my current husband is a constant source of contention. God has shown me that I need to look at Him, look at myself, and let him deal with Matt. We are raising our grandchildren. We've had them since they were 3 months & 18 months old. My daughter has some mental health issues and we have tried to let her come back multiple times, tried to help, and it has just created more chaos for us and for the boys. CPS became involved the last time she was here... it's been very difficult. Especially for the boys, they have lost so much. They are in counseling, and are mostly doing well, and they love my husband. He was unfaithful in 2017, and since CPS was involved (and still is finalizing the adoption) I allowed him to stay. I didn't want to muddy the water with a divorce at that time. Now it's 3 years later, CPS is STILL involved d/t COVID closing everything, and my husband is still here. As I said the boys love him, but he is a horrible influence. He is very lazy, doesn't enforce chores being done, check homework, follow up with school information, etc. and is supposed to be a "stay at home dad". I have worked for the last 16 years. I love my job, mostly. It's frustrating to see the mess when I come home. I see things in the boys behavior that are a direct result of his influence that make me think CPS be damned and I should just move ahead with the divorce. We are not close, we do not have a normal marriage relationship, let alone model what a marriage should look like. I guess part of me just needed to vent, and I would really love the feedback from anyone who cares to comment. Please be gentle, I am feeling very fragile these days. Hope you all have a safe and happy 4th of July!!

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
maxresdefault new - Copy (2).jpg Friendly.png
"Welcome back. Your words have been heard, and you may find
encouragement and support within the Family forum. There I will
lend my thoughts."

Peaceful1z

Oct 12, 2018
View attachment 218533 View attachment 218535
"Welcome back. Your words have been heard, and you may find
encouragement and support within the Family forum. There I will
lend my thoughts."
So sorry... I guess that was a bit much for an introduction thread! I have had so much on my heart, it just all came rushing out. So should i post that on the family forum? At least part of it, I would really like feedback. Not to replace Gods leading, but I do believe in seeking wise counsel. I know I am not the only one who's been in this situation.

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
So sorry... I guess that was a bit much for an introduction thread! I have had so much on my heart, it just all came rushing out. So should i post that on the family forum? At least part of it, I would really like feedback. Not to replace Gods leading, but I do believe in seeking wise counsel. I know I am not the only one who's been in this situation.
"Not a problem. I understand sometimes life can become overwhelming.
It is just that certain forums are much better suited for specific topics.
And I hope to lend to some encouragement. Family Forum should work
better for all."
:)........... Friendly.png

oyster67

May 24, 2014
I've been here before, but wasn't sure that it was the place I needed to be. I am a married Christian woman. I'm not sure what I expect from this. I know that I am at a point where I need to be in contact with other Christians. I am in an uncomfortable place in my marriage. I can't really talk about it in my family, it just makes them worry. Largely it's a marriage of necessity at the moment. This is my 2nd marriage. My first marriage (1983 - 2000) was difficult. We were very young, had 4 children right away (by the time I was 22) and eventually he cheated-I told him not to come home, and that was that. It was difficult because of the children. They were 9-12 at that time and it was very hard on them. That happened in March, I was in college by August and became a nurse. I was so blessed during that time.. I mean, really, I am still blessed now. I have a wonderful family. But my current husband is a constant source of contention. God has shown me that I need to look at Him, look at myself, and let him deal with Matt. We are raising our grandchildren. We've had them since they were 3 months & 18 months old. My daughter has some mental health issues and we have tried to let her come back multiple times, tried to help, and it has just created more chaos for us and for the boys. CPS became involved the last time she was here... it's been very difficult. Especially for the boys, they have lost so much. They are in counseling, and are mostly doing well, and they love my husband. He was unfaithful in 2017, and since CPS was involved (and still is finalizing the adoption) I allowed him to stay. I didn't want to muddy the water with a divorce at that time. Now it's 3 years later, CPS is STILL involved d/t COVID closing everything, and my husband is still here. As I said the boys love him, but he is a horrible influence. He is very lazy, doesn't enforce chores being done, check homework, follow up with school information, etc. and is supposed to be a "stay at home dad". I have worked for the last 16 years. I love my job, mostly. It's frustrating to see the mess when I come home. I see things in the boys behavior that are a direct result of his influence that make me think CPS be damned and I should just move ahead with the divorce. We are not close, we do not have a normal marriage relationship, let alone model what a marriage should look like. I guess part of me just needed to vent, and I would really love the feedback from anyone who cares to comment. Please be gentle, I am feeling very fragile these days. Hope you all have a safe and happy 4th of July!!

I am so glad you came. I am an old hermit and thus no expert on relationships, but I do want to pray with you and for you. Our Lord is the Lord of the 'impossible' situation. God bless you, dear.

Silverwings

Jul 27, 2016
Father God I pray for this your child, Lord she is hurting now, and very conflicted, please help her to settle her feelings, and to hear from you correctly, help her to find the answers she is needing, bring her your peace, help her to make no move until she is sure what she is supposed to do, in Jesus mighty name . amen.

Silverwings

Jul 27, 2016
If you do not get the answers that you need from this forum, or from prayer, maybe it would be helpful to seek therapy?

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Welcome back and I'm glad you are reaching out. This could also be posted on the Family or Ladies Forum for more responses from the members here. My first thought is how sad it is you have to live in the pretense of being married, when it doesn't sound like he is trying or helping the situation. If there is any local churches around call and ask to talk to a minister and seek their advise.
I am doing a study right now on 1Peter 3, and the part where the Bible says 'by the upright moral conduct of the wife, the husband will be swayed'. At the least, if your children are mature enough, I would tell them exactly how you feel, and they should honor you as their mother and be helping out.
I'd post this in the Ladies or Family Forums also and may God help you sort through your situation and lead you to the best solution, in Jesus's Name, Amen.