hesitant of staying here

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Jilly81

Jan 16, 2011
Angela, since you're married, I totally understand wanting to talk to other females. The thing is, in the chat room the single women are usually PM'ing with guys (the single females from the USA get LOTS of attention from foreign men in addition to their fellow American men wanting to chat with them). There aren't very many married women in the chat room; the forums are usually where the married women are (I can think of at least 3 who almost always respond to prayer request threads). It helps to talk in the forums, I agree. Some other things that help are being careful to proofread what you have typed before you post it; being easily read makes people want to talk to you more. I assume that you know that you can send almost anyone here a message by clicking on their pink or blue name , then clicking on "send mail to (screen name). That's how I've made friends with MANY of the people here, by sending them messages in the on-site mail. You can do the same in the chat rooms, by clicking on one of the pink names and saying "hi". If the lady wants to chat, she will. Otherwise she'll either ignore the PM, or she'll tell you that she's busy. Also, you can click the link in my signature and read all of the posts; I made one in which I gave more advice for getting attention in the chat rooms.

One more thing: even though I'm a really friendly, outgoing person, it took me longer to meet people because I didn't use a mic when I first went in the chat room (and I rarely do now, either). Ugly's right; you have to be really patient and work at it :).

Last edited:
O

OFM

i did not have a mic for the 1st 4 months i went and got a 15 dollar mic at wal mart works great then i could talk with people they could know me better as i could know them better.it make a big major difference. i would like to see a Womens and Mens Seperate Chat Room for each of us then their could be Girl/Guy Talk and Ministry as well.

J

judahroar

like not drama fractal_curve.and like i'm not sensitive.you don't even know me.

cookie39

Oct 5, 2009
WOW, such bad rep for the chat room....LOL, I have been a member here for over three years, chat a lot and post also, would had more than 1000 post but they had to upgrade the site and lost lots of old data. But anyway, the real reason you may not get greeted when you enter a room, 1) some people do not be at their computers... 2) they may not see you when you come in because so many are typing at once and your name get moved up the screen very fast, so what I do is say Hi when I come in as my mom said all people should do when entering a room...... 3) some people who have been here a while got used to others room hopping and would say hi to them or welcome and before it hit the screen good they left the room and 4) some people may be in private message.......

For the conversation part, you have to jump in or ask a question and if someone see or here ya they will respond if they are not already engaged in a conversation about something else............. the prayer room and bible study is where most of the attention you will get.... the lounge is mostly general conversations and playing around, too many people are in there to even notice who's coming or going; I never even go to the lounge, it's all good though if you like the conversations they have. you will have to start a conversation or join one. The people are very nice and caring and they do not ignore you, if you just sit in a room no one will say anything to you if they do not know how you will react, I come in the room and those who know me will say something to me and those who don't wont unless I respond to something they said. So as the others have said be patient and you will see it is not like what you think and no it is not how you may want or expect it to be......... but it is not bad at all in the chat rooms neither in the forums........... CC is a wonderful place to be....... That is why I support the site financially. I am married and sometimes I can be in p.m with 2-3 people at once, never liked the p.m lol, wish I could shut it down.

J

judahroar

i don't want people to be friends with me cause i said i haven't made any female friends.only because they want to be my friend not out of pity or duty.not accusing when i said not out of pity or duty.

W

wwjd_kilden

I suggest you use the forums more :) I find it easier to "talk" here in the forums (I don't use chat).

F

flight316

Judahroar, have made a decision yet? I don't know about you, but reading about and sharing real life stories helps me.

Aug 2, 2009
i'm hesitant of staying here- being a member of christian chat.no one hardly talks to me in chat and only get a few hi's in chat.also i haven't made any female friends here.
Take it from me, that is normal. It took me many months before people began talking to me in chat (not completely ignoring me). You have to kind of build a rapport with people. Don't just say "hi, how is everyone" and expect people to start conversing with you. They might say hi back, but thats about it. The worst thing I've seen is when people actually ask "does anyone want to chat?" while there are already people chatting. I say 'worst' because it makes the person saying it look awkward to everyone else.

The best thing to do is to listen to whatever the topic of discussion is and chime in with your own thoughts or replies to what people say. After awhile people will start remembering you and talking to you. Also, if u get on mic or cam people will instantly pay attention to you.

Last edited:
J

Jemuel

Take it from me, that is normal. It took me many months before people began talking to me in chat (not completely ignoring me). You have to kind of build a rapport with people. Don't just say "hi, how is everyone" and expect people to start conversing with you. They might say hi back, but thats about it. The worst thing I've seen is when people actually ask "does anyone want to chat?" while there are already people chatting. I say 'worst' because it makes the person saying it look awkward to everyone else.

The best thing to do is to listen to whatever the topic of discussion is and chime in with your own thoughts or replies to what people say. After awhile people will start remembering you and talking to you. Also, if u get on mic or cam people will instantly pay attention to you.

i agree with zeroturbulence. That is how i make friends here when I am chat rooms. Though sometimes i am totally lost and would have to ask about an idea. You know how the cultural differences works. Well, it is good to ask and there goes the conversation. You may want to appreciate what they say. Or welcoming people will also be great. I also made friends with forums.

Blessings to you

Jilly81

Jan 16, 2011
I TOTALLY agree with the last two posts, although if someone asks if anyone wants to chat, I generally do if I don't need to leave in a minute. You seem much less desperate if you just join in the main chat conversation at first.