Hey, good lookin', what you got cookin'?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
Let's just say you have a date next Saturday night and you're gonna cook them something, what is your specialty?

Do you bake them something decadent? Are you the grill master himself ?? Do you make a mean souffle? Let me know in the comments, bonus points for pictures.

Since I'm a baker, I'd either make a decent meal and finish it off with warm gooey brownies or maybe a maple bacon cake... dont knock it till you try it, or some sort of baked good .... I really dont even know the answer myself... I'll be thinking on it.
View attachment 236237 View attachment 236238 View attachment 236239
Well,
We are starting to entertain various couples in our home....can't believe that we are doing this. We are so excited.

So we had one of the Pastors and his wife over....I made Paella and had tiramisu for dessert. (We had bread and herbed olive oil and they brought a charcuterie platter for appetizers) They had never had it or real Saffron before....so it was an exceptional treat for them.

So Tuesday we are having another of the pastoral staff and his wife over.
For that dinner I'm making a pork loin roulade with ginger and apple stuffing with a caramel sauce, gratin potatoes, green veg (whatever I can find) and some chocolate mousse tarts with strawberries and strawberry sauce. (Scratch Sourdough bread and herbed olive oil to go with too)

Yeah....probably not exactly standard fare....but there's not anyplace good to go for dinner and we now have this nice house that is perfect for entertaining people.